FRUSTRATION



After completion of my Master’s Degree, I started applying for job. I applied in many NGOs but I was unlucky that where I applied nobody called me. Although, I didn’t have experience, I wanted to learn and wanted to grow skills. I didn’t have experience of working which was the reason for not calling me in the NGOs.

Although, I had done intern in three daily newspapers, it didn’t help me out for getting job. I had done intern in The Rising Nepal, Kantipur and The Kathmandu Post. During those internship periods, I had done most of the works like reporting, editing and photography myself. Although, I had supervisors I had to do my own which helped to develop my skills. I did myself most of the works; somehow, I needed some guidance to improve my skills.

The biggest achievement was while doing intern in The Kathmandu Post, I had published two news with my name in the front page. This was the happiest moment of my life. This encouraged me to do more. I did much news but never published after that but it helped me to more and more research.

For one and half year, I was jobless. During those times, I used to apply in many places. But I was not called. This was killing me at that time. Although, I used to write blogs and read books, I was frustrated. Lots of questions were in my mind like “Why I wasn’t called for an interview, did I lack something, didn’t I deserve to get any job and do I have to sit jobless in my life?”

Sitting at the home was like a punishment for me. To be dependent on my parents was embarrass for me. I used to feel awkward for asking money with my parents. Those moments were hopelessly when I didn’t get the job. I wanted to do something and wanted to do research; mostly field visit and I was searching for an opportunity.

Comments

Popular Posts