SECOND CHANCE

He completed reading magazine and he was feeling bore. He was looking here and there. Meanwhile, he saw one girl looking at him who was near to his seat in the plane. He smiled at her and she too smiled back. She was about to say something. He, then, said, “It seems you want to say something.”

“I have seen you somewhere. Are you Ameet Dahal, the writer of the novel “Friends Forever?” said Simmi Pokhrel.
“Yes, I am Ameet Dahal.”

They both remained silent. After few minutes, Ameet broke the silence and said, “Can I know your name?”
“Simmi Pokhrel.”
“What do you do?”
“I am a blog writer.”

He nodded. Meanwhile, Simmi said, “I read your novel.”
“Thank you. Did you like the book?”
“What do you want to hear the truth or untruth?”
“Truth.”
“Actually, I didn’t like the novel.”
He was shocked and said, “What made you dislike my novel?”
“I didn’t like the whole story.”

He gave an unusual expression. In additional to this, Simmi said, “Are you planning to write another book?”
“No.”
“Why no?”
“I didn’t want to be a writer but I became a writer by chance. So, I might not write another book. The first book became huge success that’s enough for me.”
“To tell the fact, the story was not good. That kind of story can be written by any person. Why it became successful, it really don’t know.”

He was furious with the comment and thought that most of the youth liked the book and never gave the negative comment. He never had accepted the comments like Simmi gave. Although, he was furious, he didn’t show it and said, “OK. But according to you, what kind of story should I have written?”

“Your story is about love and friendship which is interesting to read. So, what’s new on that? Most of the writers are written on love and friendship. This is not only issue of youth. Besides that, there are other factors.”
“For example?”
“Crime, unemployment and drugs.”
“I know but it’s easy to write on the basis of love and friendship rather than crime and drugs.”
“I agree but I have a story about crime, unemployment and drugs. I want you to write about those factors and publish it.”

He was shocked because she was telling him to publish a novel. He was in dilemma whether to write or not because he doesn’t know the story. He, then, said, “First, tell me the story than only I will publish.”

“But why should I publish your story? And what’s so unusual about your story that you are insisting me to write? If I didn’t like the story, then?

She smiled and said, “It’s about God who saved the youth in the bad condition.”

He was amazed and couldn’t believe what he heard just now. And he said, “Are you serious?”
“Yes, I am serious.”

Both of them were serious. He was confused whether to listen the story or not. Many questions came in the mind. How is the story? If the story is not readable then? He was curious to know the story.

The plane landed on the airport of Hong Kong. Both had the transit of six hours here. They were travelling to Nepal from London. After landing on Hong Kong Airport, she went to the coffee nearby and he followed her.

She was sitting in the corner. Meanwhile, he came near and said, “May I join you?”
“Sure. And what did you think about the story?”
“I want to publish. Tell me your story.”
“Are you serious?”
“Yes, I am serious.”
“OK.”
I
“How many times I told you that our bank needs Rs. 10,000 to open the bank account. You do come here often. What’s the matter?”
“The matter is you. I started liking you.”

She smiled and said, “What’s wrong with you? You have met me two weeks ago and within those days, you started liking me.”
“What should I do make you like me?”
“Oh God. You are crazy.”
“Yes, I am crazy.”

She gave a thought. On the other hand, he was looking at her. After few minutes, she said, “OK. If you want to make me yours, then deposit Rs. 10,000 in the bank.”
“If I didn’t deposit the money, then you won’t be mine?”
“No.”

He was silent. She looked at him and smiled. “It seems you don’t want to make me yours.”
He got up from the chair and went without saying anything.

After two days, Nitesh came in the bank. He sat on the chair. He took   out his purse and pushed near to Ankita.

“What’s this? Why are giving your purse?”

“Rs. 10,000 for the deposit. Now, please deposit it and you too be deposit in my life.”

She smiled and looked here and there. “What’s the matter? Why are you looking here and there? Don’t you like me? And you just want a customer to deposit the money. You lied to me.”
Nitesh got up angrily. He understood the answer from her facial expression and he went from there without saying anything.

He was upset. More than that, he was thrown out from the office. He was working in one of the leading magazine. His section was of travel which was unfortunately unpopular. He, now, was in frustration. His love was rejected and job was gone away.

He was frustrated and depressed. He didn’t know what to do next. But one fine day, he was reading newspaper; he saw one news which was about the new writer who wrote the book and his first novel became huge hit.

After this, he started writing a novel. More than that, he goes to the book but never entered inside the bank because of the rejection.

II
“Hey guys, sorry for the late,” said John.
“As usual, you are always late. What’s new on that,” said Biku.

And everyone laughed. Biku, John, Nitesh, Ansu and Zuriel were best friends since their Bachelor’s Degree of Arts. Everyone had a dream to be fulfilled and have their own story.
“Guys, it has been long time, we haven’t met. What are you guys doing?” said Zuriel.
“I am writing a love story novel.”
“Wow.” Everyone said.
“And how about you guys?” said Nitesh.
“I am still jobless,” said Biku.
“I want to be actress and till now I have been rejected in many audition,” said Anshu.

John was the boyfriend of Anshu and supports Anshu in each and every aspect. He went with her in every audition. Furthermore, he was searching for a job.

Zuriel, on the other hand, was working on Advertising Agency. He was enjoying his job but was frustrated by his parents because each and everytime, they talked about marriage. He was enjoying his job and single life.

“Lets meet every week,” said Zuriel.

Everyone agreed and they started meeting every week.

III
“A Different Story,” a novel of Nitesh Sharma has been published for more than a month but it failed to sell out. Only few copies were sold out.
“What’s happening in my life? Whatever, I do everything becomes failure. What’s my fault? What should I do?”  

He was frustrated and was lying on the bed. Meanwhile, there was a call from Biku and he picked the phone and said, “Hi. How are you?”
“Hi. Me good and how about you?” said Biku.
Me too good.”
“I want to meet you tomorrow. Can you meet me tomorrow?
“Sure. But can I know why”
I will let you know tomorrow. Meet me at my place at 6:00 pm.”
Ok. Bye. Good Night.”
“Good Night.”

The next day, he went to meet his friend Biku.
“Hey, come.”
He went inside in his friend’s house and said, “Why did you call me at your place?”
“I want to take you somewhere.”
“But?”
 “Don’t ask me the question and let’s go.” And both went in the jungle. In this jungle, there were other people too who were taking drugs and sex with girls.

He was shocked and bewildered to see the scenario and asked to his friend, “What’s this? Why did you bring me here?”
“You know I was frustrated that I was unemployment and my parents used to call me jobless. I was rejected in many offices. Experience is needed but if I don’t get job, how can I get experience? I was totally frustrated and one of my friends brought me here. I was shocked and bewildered like you. But slowly and slowly, I became habitual of it and I felt relax by having drugs and sex.

I know it’s difficult at the beginning but it’s the way to come out from the frustration. Furthermore, you are frustrated as you are thrown out from office and rejected by one girl. Even your novel didn’t run successfully so you are in the frustration. You want to come out from this frustration.”

Nitesh was bewildered that how Biku knew about his rejection as he had never shared his love affair to anyone. Although, he was in the frustration, he didn’t want to involve in the drugs and sex.

“If I am in the frustration, I should not be involved in drugs and sex. It’s better if you also not involved in drugs. Let’s go friend.”

“No, friend. First, try it and decide.” Biku forcefully involved Nitesh in drugs.

IV
“Well done, Anshu. You have done well in the acting,” said the director Subash. She was glad that the director liked the acting. After long period of struggle, she was finally got chance to work with the famous director named Subash Shrestha. The movie was named “Saathi Ma Timro.”

When she got the chance to get a movie, she told her boyfriend. Both were happy and both gave treat to each other. Each and everytime, John used to go in the shooting of the film and used to see her performance. But they didn’t know that their life was changing.

While shooting, Subash used to be friendly with her and used to crack jokes. Most of the time, she used to be director which made headline in the news and John was dying of the news but he had faith on her that nobody is between them.

Finally, the time was over and the movie was premièred. Both John and Anshu were excited for the premiere. “Today, finally that day has arrived John. I am happy.” And she hugged him. 
“I am also happy for you, my dear.” Both hugged each other and were happy for each other.
“Let’s go to the hall for the premiere. I am getting late.”

And they reached Jai Nepal Hall. The movie started. She was happy to see her film. She was watching the film but she didn’t see her part till one hour 56 minute. But when her scene came, she didn’t believe her eyes. The scene was of bed scene which she didn’t shoot.

When the premiere was over, she went near to the director Subash and said, “What did you do with my scene? I didn’t do that scene. You had promise that you won’t made such scenes and won’t made me do so.”

He smiled and said, “What to do? You were not ready to do and nowadays every film do need such scenes. So, I made your fake video and kept in the movie. Now, what will you do? If you go to police station, I will show the contract.” He smiled.

John was angry and was about to argue with Subash but Ansu stopped him. Both went in Ansu’s home. He was in angry mood and said, “Why did you stop me? If you haven’t stopped me, I could have killed him.”

She remained silent. Although, she was angry, she was quiet and didn’t want to do anything wrong. She was waiting for the right time.


V
“Zuriel, you have done well job so we are prompting you as a creative manager,” he said.

He was happy for his promotion. He wanted to give a treat to Merina who happens to be his colleague. He hasn’t spoken with her since they have worked. Since he saw her, he fell in love with her at the first sight. She had something that made him more attraction.

On his promotion, he went near to her as she was alone and working on his cabin. “Hello,” he said.
“Hi,”said Merina without looking at Zuriel. She was focus on the work.
“Hi.”He said again.
“Hi.”
“Wanna have a cup of coffee?”
She gave a look at him. She smiled and said, “Are you leaving for a cup of coffee?”
“Yes.”
“Why are you asking me for it?”
“Because you are working continuously so you need a break. So, will you join me?”

She smiled and said yes. She turned off her computer and joined him. He was excited that she was joining him for a cup of coffee.

They went nearby café and ordered two cup of coffee and two plates of non-veg mo:mo. At the beginning, they both were silent. He was looking at her whereas she was looking here and there. After a while, both looked at each other after a while. Both smiled and again looked here and there.

Later, Zuriel said, “So, where do you live?”
“Patan Dhoka and you?”
“Chabhill.”

After this conversation, cup of coffee came and after few slip, Zuriel said, “It’s so strange that although, we are in the same office, we don’t have a conversation.”
“Yes. But I am a girl who doesn’t prefer speaking that much. Even you don’t speak that much in the office.”
“It means you were observing me.”

She smiled and looked another side. He too smiled. After this cup chat, they both started meeting and shared coffee. They both fell in love.

VI

Nitesh and Biku were totally lost in the drugs and sex. They have started killing the people. People were in search of them but could find them. They were in wanted list. Now, Nitesh had become addicted of drugs and sex. He felt relax after having drugs. While he was taking drugs, Biku said, “Today, we have a contract to kill one richest person. Here is the photo of a person.”
He gave a look at a photo and said, “Who is he?”

“Sudip Dhakal. He is the owner of Network.Bank. More than that, he has his own business of clothes.”
“When we have to kill this person?”
“Tomorrow, at 9:30 pm at Disco, Lazimpat.” Nitesh agreed.

The next day, they were in the Disco Club of Lazimpat and were searching for Sudip. They were drinking beer and they saw the guy. The guy was talking with another guy. After 45 minutes, the guy went for the washroom and they followed him. When they were in the washroom, Sudip was washing his hand and from the mirror, he saw Nitesh and Biku.
He turned back and said, “Who are you guys?”
“Nobody.” And Nitesh killed him.

They killed him because he had disagreed to give him the amount they asked with him.

VII
Anshu and Subash were together most of the time. She was frustrated and tired with Subash but couldn’t say it to her boyfriend. More than that, Subash was taking advantage of her and was blackmailing her.

It was already 9:30pm, John was waiting for her at the zoom café. It was almost two hours, he was waiting for her but she hasn’t arrived. He gave a call at her mobile but the mobile was switched off.

In search of her, he reached to Subasah home. He, instead of entering from door, he climbed from backside and reached the top floor. From the window, he saw Subash and Anshu in the bed. He was shocked to see them together. He loved Anshu more than himself. He was there when she needed him the most but now she was with Subash. He couldn’t bear this so he committed suicide.

The next day, Anshu, Nitesh, Biku and Zuriel visited John in Om Hosptial. There was miracle that he was saved. Doctors had lost their hopes. They had lost their hopes that he couldn’t survive but there was a miracle.

Anshu went near to him. When he saw her, he didn’t prefer to speak with him. She was looking at him. She kept her hand in his and said, “Why are you not speaking with me? What did I do? Why did you try to commit suicide?”

“What did you do with me? You cheated me. You slept with your director to fulfill your dream. To fulfill your dream will you do anything? Why did you do this to me? What was my mistake? Didn’t I love you? You killed my love.”

Tears were rolling in her eyes. She couldn’t explain him that Subash was using and blackmailing her.  She couldn’t tell him anything and went from there.

When she was out, the media was waiting for her and asked her questions, “Anshuji, who is he? Why did you come? What is the relationship between you and him? What is the reason for him to commit suicide? We heard your relationship with the director Subash. Is it true?”
She turned back and said, “A person who is in the hospital is my boyfriend. He loved me a lot but I betrayed him. Due to my mistake, he committed suicide. I wanted to say sorry but couldn’t. For my mistake, I cannot be forgiven. Subash is the director and I don’t have any relationship with him. He is the main reason for John to commit suicide.”

VIII
Nitesh and Biku were lost in drugs. They were unconscious. They had taken heavy drugs. Meanwhile, police arrived. Although, their friends managed to run from there, they couldn’t. Police had taken them to the custody but with the help of their gang, they went out from the jail.

Zuriel went to meet them. “Look guys, whatever you have done is not good. What did you guys do? Don’t you guys feel guilty for killing those people? Don’t you feel ashamed? If you didn’t get job and were rejected by love that doesn’t mean you should start taking drugs and start killing people.

Please, do good work. You won’t get second chance in your life. Please, do something in your life.”

Present time……
 “So, where is your God in the story? How he saved their life?”

She smiled and said, “Didn’t you find the God in the story?”
“No.”
“John was saved. God saved him so that Anshu will realize her mistakes and explain everything to John. She explained everything to John and she was forgiven. They both are married now and started their own business.

Nitesh started working in NGO and Biku became a successful writer. His second and third novels were blockbuster. God gave them second chance so that they can know their abilities and skills. They asked forgiveness to those families whom they have killed their family members.
Zuriel, on the other hand, got married with Merina and has a baby girl. They both are happy in their life.

God is everywhere. When Nitesh and Biku were out of the jail, Zuriel convinced them. He was the messenger of the God. On the other hand, when John fell down, he was saved by one person to save him. They were saved so that they can know what they can do in their life. You can say that God gave them second chance so that they can utilize their life by doing good works and know how they can change the society.

God doesn’t give everyone the second chance. It’s your own life and it depends how you make it. If you make it bad, only bad happens to you. If you do good, good things happens to you. So, it depends on which path you prefer. It’s your choice.”

Ameet liked the story and he had a question in his mind and he said, “The story is nice. But how did you know the story?”

She smiled and said, “Who saved John?”
“Unknown person send by God.”
“And that unknown person sent by God is me.”

She smiled and went inside the plane. He was shocked for the moment. He too went in the flight and said, “I will publish the story. It’s the different story with the message. Thank you.”
They both smiled. They continue their conversation.











Comments

Popular Posts