FUN AND OPPORTUNITY

While studying in Master’s Degree, I was attached with all of my friends. Mostly, I was attached with Sujeena Shakya. She became my best friend and mentor. We used to have fun and used to crack jokes. We used to sit together. Meanwhile, there were two boys (Niraj Dahal and Anish Raj Shrestha) who used to sit back of us.   They used to tease us by telling us that we were lesbian and Anish used to call me binaju. I too used to teach them they were gay and used to call Anish as banuju.

After completing class, most of the friends used to go out for food and used to have lots of conversation. More than that, one of the friends never paid the money for his food and tea. He used to run away when it comes for paying money. We used to collect money and remaining money was taken by Surya Chandra Basnet. But he was kind because he used to buy chocolates and ice cream. He was fun and loving guy. He used to make us laugh by cracking non-veg jokes.

Another moment was in August 2011, I was offered for an internship in Himal Magazine.  In their online, internship vacancy was posted. I applied and I was called for an interview. Two girls took my interview. One was Weena Pun, who I met in Kathmandu Post later but I forgot another girl name. They were friendly and selected me. But due to my semester exam, I cancelled my selection later.

I felt upset for cancelling the selection. I had an opportunity to grow but due to exam, I couldn’t join. One of my friends too felt guilty for me and said, “If there wasn’t exam, it  was great opportunity for you to learn.” I agreed with him.

Later, one foreign got an internship instead of me.  I felt she was lucky. For a week, I was concentrating on the magazine only. Opportunity came but luck didn’t favor me.


Comments

Popular Posts