VISHAL'S STORY

I
It was December 24, 2010. The time showed 11:30 am. He was waiting for someone at the Coffee Shop of Durbar Marg. It has been almost one hour, he was waiting for someone and he was feeling irritation. He was sitting at the corner, drinking a cup of coffee.

He was in the black t-shirt and blue jeans and over t-shirt, he was wearing white coat with canvas shoe. He didn’t preferred black clothes and canvas shoes because he never liked black color and canvas shoes. Not only this, he loves to have long hair with long beard. When he had long hair with bear, he looked like South Indian Hero. Not only South Indian Hero, he looked like a writer. His face structure too showed him like South Indian Hero. But today, he had short hair and he had shaved his beard.

Today, he was waiting for a girl for his marriage. Before this, he had met few girls: some they didn’t like him and some he didn’t like. Although, he wasn’t interested to get married, his family was insisted him to settle down.  For the sake of his family, he went to see girl. This time, he didn’t see the girl’s photo because he was angry. He only knew the name of a girl. He went to coffee shop because girl has seen his photo.

Sonakshi Shrestha, the girl whom he was supposed to meet. She was supposed to come at 10:30 am but it has been more an hour, he was waiting for her, He preferred to be in time and accepts to be same from others. He hated to wait. He was looking here and there. But suddenly, the door was open and he saw one girl with simple pink kurta with simple straight hair and she was with flat slipper. She had only lipstick in the name of make-up. He felt different after looking at her.

She was looking here and there. Finally, she saw him and went near to the corner.
“Hi. Are you Vishal?”
“Yes. I am Vishal.”
“I am Sonakshi.”
“Hi. Have a sit.”

He got up and pulled a chair for her and she sat on the chair. He was looking at her. Both sat on the chair. He was looking at her. She was looking here and there. When they looked at each other, they smiled. They both were feeling nervous.

Finally, Vishal broke the silent and said, “So, what do you want to have?”
“Coffee.”
“Black or white?”
“White.”

He called waiter and ordered two cup of milk coffee. After ordering the coffee, he said, “So, what do you do?”

“I am studying Bachelor’s Degree in International Law. It’s my final year. I have already completed one Bachelor‘s Degree in Social Work.”

She further added, “And how about you?”

“I have completed my Master’s Degree in IT and I am working at IT Company as Monitoring and Evaluation.”

He said further, “So, what do you like to do?”

“I love to read books especially biographies and fiction. I love Nicholas Sparks and Sidney Sheldon’s books. More than that, I love travelling to the different places.”

“Do you love watching movies?” he said.
“No,” he said.

He prefers watching movies rather than reading books.
“Do you love watching movies or reading books?” she said.

Meanwhile, their coffee came.  They thanked waiter and started drinking coffee. He added, “What’s your further plan?”

“Actually, after completing my Bachelor’s Degree in International Law, I want to study in 
America and after completion of Master’s Degree, I will apply for job in NGOs in Nepal. To say the truth, I don’t want to get married. I just came here to see you for the sake of my parents. They are insisting me to get married. I didn’t have any option.”

“So, what are you going to say to your parents?” He told in the heart broken.
“Please, reject me.”
“Reason for rejection?”
“Tell them that you didn’t like me.”

He was silent and agreed with her. Although, her pretended to agree, he didn’t want to say no. He wanted to meet her further and wanted to know more about her.

Moreover, she said, “Can I something?”
“Sure.”
“I checked your Facebook.”
“So?”
“I saw your photos and in most of the photos, you had beard and long hair.”
“I love beard and long hair.”
“But..”
“What but?”
“You look like South Indian Hero with beard and long hair.”
“Most of the people say that. You are not the one to tell.”

Both smiled. “Please, reject me. By the way, what do you think about marriage?”
“Actually, I don’t want to get married. I want to focus on my career not on marriage.”
“Exactly.”

He wanted to tell her that let’s meet and change the perspective about marriage. He, then, said, “Can I ask you something?”  
“Sure.”
“Can we be friends?”
“Hmm. Sure.” And both smiled.

After this, they were aparted. Both of them in the house and gave an excuse that they didn’t like each other.

II
“Happy Birthday, Sonakshi,” said Vishal.
“Thanks. Where are my gifts?”
“What do you want?”
“What will you give?”
“Anything you want.”
“Just your friendship.”

Both of them smiled. “Shall we meet in the evening? said Vishal.
“Sure. But where?” Sonakshi said.
“Your choice because it’s your birthday.”
“So, can we meet at Bouddha, Laghing Center around 6 pm?”
“Sure.”

Both met at Bouddha, Laghing Center.  They started having a conversation. He was just focusing on her. He was not listening to her but was looking at her. The hair frequently was coming in her face and she used to make it which he loved it.  Moreover, they went inside the Bouddha and it was beautiful evening.

Most of the time, they used to meet and talk. They love talking with each other. They became good friends and used to share each other and every aspect. After meeting her, he fell in love with her and wanted to express his feelings. He was sure that she will not reject him this time.

III
“Mon, please stop it. Not again,” said Vishal.
“What to stop?” said his mom.
“Stop talking about marriage. I don’t want to get married.”  He was getting ready for the office.

On the other hand, his mother made face and said, “Don’t you need a partner who can understand you?”
“Not now?”
“Then when?”
“Don’t know.”
“Or have you searched your life partner?”

He didn’t say anything for the moment and went from there. He was in love with Sonakshi and was searching for right time to express his feelings. On the other hand, Sonakshi’s parents too were insisting to get married and she was saying no to the proposal. She was getting irritated by her parents’ topic on marriage. And she immediately called Vishal and said, “Hello.”
“Hi.”
“Vishal, I want to meet you in the evening.”
“Sure.”

He was exciting to meet her and thought he will propose her when he meets her today.

It was around 6:30 pm, they were drinking coffee at Himalayan Bean Coffee, Jawalakhel.
“So, why did you call me?”
“Mom is insisting me to get married.”
“Mine too.”
“Really?”
“Yes.”
“Vishal, I don’t want to get married. I want to make my career. In my life, I want success. I want to be established first than only want to get married.”

Vishal expression was changed and changed his mind not express his feelings. He felt unlucky that he cannot get his love. Meanwhile, he said, “If somebody loves, then, what you choose love or career?”

She was shocked and said, “What kind of question is it? Obviously, career is my first priority.”
“If I say that I have feelings for you, if I say that I have started loving in love with you what could you say?”

She was shocked and said, “What? Are you serious?   I have never thought you like that. I considered you as a good friend. Tell me you are joking. You don’t love me and tell me I am your friend.”

He was serious and she read his facial expressions and knew he was serious. She, then, said, “Oh, no. You are serious. You knew that I have ambitious and career oriented. I give my career priority.  I want to focus on my education and career. “

He tried to convince her but couldn’t and she left the place. He followed her but she wasn’t listening to him. After this conversation, they stopped talking. Sonakshi had stopped receiving a call from him.

IV
 He was at the coffee shop, Durbar Marg. He was feeling alone. It has been five years, he wasn’t able to forget Soankshi. It was the place where he had met her. She was his first and last love.He wasn’t able to forget those days spend with her.

Meanwhile, he saw her in the corner side of the table. He went near to the table and said, “Hi.”

She looked at him and said, “ Hi.” Both were shocked to each other

He, on the other hand, was observing her. She looked sad as if she had some problems that had not been shared.  She seemed that she has been hiding some matters and didn’t get an opportunity to speak.

“So, how is your life going on?” He said.
“Going on,” he said.

They remained silent. He was looking at her and wanted to know why she was remaining silent. 

He, then, said, “Hey, Sonakshi, you look so serious.”
“Nothing has happen. Just tired.”
“OK.” But he didn’t believe her. So, he asked, “How is your career going on? And did you get your love?”

She remained silent and there were tears in her eyes. When he saw tears in her eyes, he feel guilty for asking the wrong question and said, “Sorry for asking wrong question. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”
“That’s ok.”
“Then?”
“I feel guilty rejecting your love.”
“What?” He was shocked.
“Yes, I was focused on my career. I was not focus on love that came in way. When I was focus on my career, I never valued the love. I never got true love.

Yes, after ejecting your love, I got love in my office. We got married after dating seven months. After marriage, my life was almost vanished. He never understood me. He never liked me as a working woman. He wanted me to be as a housewife which I never preferred. We started arguing on small matters. He never trusted me. Whenever I used to be late, he used to argue with me. I never raised a question with him but he used to do. I really don’t understand, in this modern age, both husband and wife work then what was wrong with him. I asked him this question and he never liked my working and I was paid higher than him.  We were totally opposite. We never had that connection. After the separation with him, I missed you and realized your love.”

Both remained silent. After few minutes, he said, “Sorry to hear your story. To say the truth, after you rejected me, I never loved anyone. I looked many girls for marriage but nobody were like you. I still love you and was waiting for you. I never loved anyone like you.”

He bowed down and said, “Will you Marry Me?”


She remained silent and smiled and said, “Yes, I will marry you.” Both hugged each other. They both were happy for each other. 

Comments

Popular Posts