INTERNSHIP

In the Master’s Degree, at the last semester, we need to do internship. I was really frustrated at that time. I was indirectly rejected in many places for internship. Online News was the first I tried for internship. Associate Editor didn’t like my English. Although, he said yes, he wasn’t interested to give me an internship.

Secondly, I tried in The Rising Nepal but there was no place for an internship. Thirdly, I tried in The Republica but there was also no place for internship. Fourthly, I tried in Advertising Agency Network [AAN] which didn’t have internship either.

I was frustrated but couldn’t cry. I felt that to get internship its difficult, how about the job? I was discouraged and felt hopeless. I became weak at that time. I felt like I don’t have any skills to do any work. I don’t deserve to get any job.

Finally, my father called at Kantipur. At Kantipur, he knew Anamolmani Poudel sir who was working as educationalist journalists there. Although, I didn’t know how to type Nepali, I learned Nepal typing. During those period, I learn reporting and languages. Anamolmani sir taught me practically how to write and knew my weakness. He used to give me constructive feedback and comments.

While in search of internship, I learned few things like to development writing and oral skills. More than that, it helped me to develop my personality. Biggest learn was to have faith on oneself; not to lost hopes and have confident on oneself. More than that, it helped me not to worry in any situation and to handle the situation.

Comments

Popular Posts