NUJEENA [MALE VERSION]

1

It was Friday and the time was 9:00 pm. It has been a long time that I was not able to go out because of the work schedule. My friend suggested me to go out. He, meanwhile, took me to the beautiful place Thamel but I didn’t know he could take me to the prostitute. I felt awkward and said, “Abhiral, where did you bring me?”

“Will you please keep quiet? This place is nice and beautiful. You will like it. This world is such a nice that you will get lost. Just come in. I will not say about you coming to this place.” He forcefully took me inside.

We both went inside. The song ‘Dilbar Dilbar’ was playing. I was looking here and there. The place was the crowd. Some people were sitting on the sofa and drinking alcohol. Some people were throwing money to the dance girls. More than the people, I felt strange in the light.

I was searching for Abhiral. Later, I saw him in the bar and he was drinking whisky. I was nervous and didn’t know what to do. Meanwhile, my eyes got on one of the girls who were dancing. Her face had magic which made me look at her. Although she was not that beautiful, she had something that made me look at her. Moreover, I was looking at her dance.

After one hour, Abhiral came near to me and said, “Let’s go?”

“Where?” Although he was drunk, I was lost. Abhiral was amazed and was looking at me. After a few minutes, he said, “What has happened? You didn’t prefer to come here but now you got lost. Did you like someone?” He started teasing me.

I looked at him and said, “It’s not like that. Let’s go home.” After this, I started visiting the place and started liking her. I didn’t prefer to tell Abhiral about Thamel. He has the habit of sharing everything with his friends. He cannot hide the secret.

2

After the month, I was in Thamel. I was in the chair and was looking at her dance. Meanwhile, Sajana came near to me. I knew Sajana after coming near to me. I knew Sajana after coming to the place. She knew that I have started liking Nujeena. Sajana had told me her name.

After coming near to me, she said, “Why don’t you talk with her today? She is in her room. Go and talk with her.”

And I went into her room. I knocked on the door. Her door was half-open. Without looking back, she said, “Come in.” And I went inside. She was amazed to see me and said, “You?”

“Can I sit on the sofa?”

“Ok.”

The room was small and whatever she had was small. I looked here and there. I sat on the sofa and she sat on the chair. She was nervous and was looking here and there. I was observing her. She couldn’t see me.

“Nujeenaji, can you go out with me?”

“How did you know my name?”

The environment was silent. She felt what to say. She was speechless and felt awkward. Again, by breaking the silence, I said, “You didn’t respond to my question.”

“Which question?”

“Can I go out with you?”

“Why should I go with the strange?”

“Besides this world, you will be able to see other beautiful places and the world. I want to show you that beautiful world. I have taken permission from your boss. I will come tomorrow at 6:00 pm. I hope you will be ready.”

I got up and left the place. She was looking at me.

3

We both were at the cafe. Nujeena was uncomfortable. Although she felt awkward, she came with me to the café. I smiled at her when she looked at me. We both were silent. I was focused on her but she was looking around. Meanwhile, the waiter came to our table and said, “Sir, what could you like to have?”

“I want to have a milk coffee, one plate chicken mo: mo. Nujeena, what do you prefer to have?”

“As you wish.” So I ordered two milk coffee and two plates of chicken mo: mo.  We thanked him and he left the place. When he left the place, I said, “Actually, I want to say something to you.”

“What do you want to say?” She wasn’t looking at me.

“I am in love with you and I want to marry you.”

“What?” She was amazed.

“Yes, I want to marry you.”

“We don’t know each other well. You don’t know about my past. Your family won’t accept me nor society. So, how can I marry you?”

“I don’t know about your past life. I only want you. Besides this, slowly and steadily we will know about each other. First of all, let me give you a brief introduction. I am Sanjay Shakya and I run a shop of alcohol and clothes at Durbar Marg. My parents died a few years back in a road accident. “

She remained silent and we both were looking at each other. Her beautiful eyes were saying something. By breaking the silence, I said, “If you need time, take your time. I will wait.”

She agreed and our mo: mo arrived. After having those mo: mo, we let the café. I gave a lift to her and went back to my home.

4

“Today, Sanjog proposed me for the marriage,”  Nujeena said to Sajana.

“Then what was your response ?” Sajana said.

“I haven’t given any response to him.”

“Why didn't you give any response. If I were you, I could have said yes to his proposal. He is so handsome and he looks like a film hero. I could have left this place and could have settled down with him. So please say yes to his marriage proposal.”

“I also love him but I am scared of society. This society won’t accept us.” Her expression was changed.

Sajana went near to Nujeena and said, “Everyone has a right to live their life. In the beginning, society doesn’t accept but with time, they will forget it.  Moreover, Sanjog is a nice person. You are lucky and fortunate to get a person like him. You will have a beautiful life so yes to his marriage proposal.”

Nujeena started thinking about it. More than the excitement, she was scared. What if the society didn’t accept their relationship? What if his relative didn’t like her?”

5

After a week……..

                                The time was 8:00 pm and I was in Thamel. She was in her duty and I was waiting for her work completion. After an hour, she was in her room and I followed her. I knocked on the door and she opens the door. She gave a sign to come in the room. I sat on the sofa and she was in the chair.

Without wasting my time, I said, “So, what’s my response?”

The environment was filled with silence. I was waiting for her response.  When I saw her with no response, I said, “If your response is no, then it’s ok. “ Then I got up.

When I reached near to the door, she said, “I am ready to marry you.”

I turned back with a happy face. With a happy mood, I said, “Today, I am very happy. You gave me all the happiness.” And we both hugged each other.

6

We met for the month as per Nujeena. After dating for a month, we decided to get married. It was July 6, 2016. There was no participation of any family members of mine and hers. More than me, she was glad. Her face showed that she was a pleased person to get married and lucky to get married to me.  

After the week, I packed my clothes. When I was packing my clothes, she was depressed. She was watching me from the door and her eyes were full of tears. When I saw her, I went near to her and said, “Please, don’t cry. I will come after two weeks. I have to go to London because of the business. When I will come back, we will go for a honeymoon. After this trip, I will give you more time for you. I promise.”

“How will I stay alone for two weeks without you?”

“I will be calling you. Don’t worry.”

We both hugged each other and I promised her that I will return and will give time to her and I left the home.

7

“Although you took three months to meet, I am happy that you are with me now,” Sophiya said.

“I didn’t come to meet you because of you,” I said.

“You often get angry with me and didn’t speak to me for many days.  That’s why I went to Nepal. “

“If I didn’t give them time it doesn’t mean you should be upset and furious.”

We both smiled. Nobody knew that I was a playboy. Sophie doesn’t know about me. I used Nujeena as for the entertainment. Nujeena didn’t know that I was married has a daughter nor Sophiya knew that I got married in Nepal.

In Sophiya’s perspective, I was a good husband and a good father. After coming to the UK, I didn’t prefer to calla Nujeena and I have stopped calling her. Whenever she gave a ring to me, I ignored her and changed my number. I was happy in my world.

 

Comments

Popular Posts