THE YEAR 2058 B.S. (MEMORY VII)



2058 B.S. (2001/ 2002 A.D. )
I was shifted to new school named Cambridge Public High School, Old Baneshwor. I was shifted because I never succeed in my studies. As parents returned from UK at the end of the year 2000, they were not satisfied with my studies especially my dad was unhappy.  They saw the result of class six and I failed almost all subjects which made unsatisfied with my studies.  So, I was shifted to the new school.

Cambridge Public High School was opened on 2057 B.S. and at the starting point, it was new. Most of the students were from Dhankuta and The New Summit School. More than that, the principal was my own grandfather who was a mathematics writer. At the beginning, I loved this school but later this was changed.

When I was this school, most of the time, I was scolded or bitten by the teacher. I still remember my Nepali teacher who has bitten so badly. I did a small mistake in Nepali; she slapped me very badly and pulled my hair. I was very angry with the teacher. Not only this, she used to make students rotten the poems and recite the poems without looking at the book. I tried a lot to rotten the poems but never succeed and I used to be punished each and every time in this subject.

Not only this, I was weak in Mathematics and my grandfather used to teach the subject. He used to scold us a lot. To say the truth, my batch was average batch. Some were good and some weren’t. Not only this, we never did the homework of mathematics as he never checked our homework. We never like to do homework of it especially. But one day, suddenly, what made me check our homework. His period was in the second and after immediately entering in the class, he asked whether we have done homework or not and whoever haven’t done homework were bitten and he hit with the stick which was extremely painful.

Not only this, he was extremely strict teacher and we couldn’t do any childish activities in the school. Most of the students were scared of him and we used to call him Hitler. The most shocking was how he used to know that who used to give love letter to whom and he used to scold to those students by telling that they didn’t come to school to have an affair but to study.
To tell the truth I was also in love with someone. Actually, we school bus friends used to do bye to another school students. Meanwhile, when we used to come in the place Gairidhara, there were the students of Siddharta Vanasthali School. There was a boy who was a bit fat and black. He used to bye and I used to do bye. Slowly and slowly, I fell in love with him. I told to two of the people about it and one of the brothers asked his name through bus and he said Gyanu Shrestha. I was happy to know his name.

After knowing the name, I wrote a letter and threw from the window of school bus. I still don’t know whether he read that letter or not. While I threw that letter, he didn’t pick it up. But at the same day, in the evening, there was rainfall and my concentration as on that letter. I was wondering whether he read that letter or not. He didn’t respond me at that time. When I left the school, one of my friends called me and said that he came at school as a student and was asking about me. Later, I felt guilty on why I felt the school.

During this year, two incidents had happened: one was Royal Massacre and another was my mother suffered from depression.
     1)   ROYAL MASSACRE
The Nepalese royal massacre occurred on 1 June 2001, at a house in the grounds of the Narayanhity Royal Palace, the then residence of the Nepalese monarchy. The heir to the throne, Crown Prince Dipendra, killed nine members of his family and himself during a party or monthly reunion dinner of the royal family in the house. The dead included his parents, King Birendra of Nepal and Queen Aishwarya.

Prince Dipendra became de jure King of Nepal upon his father's death and died in hospital three days after the massacre without recovering from a coma.

Birendra's brother Gyanendra became king after the massacre and the death of King Dipendra.
According to reports, Dipendra had been drinking heavily, smoked large quantities of hashish and had "misbehaved" with a guest, which resulted in his father, King Birendra, telling his oldest son to leave the party. The drunken Dipendra was taken to his room by his brother Prince Nirajan and cousin Prince Paras.

One hour later, Dipendra returned to the party armed with an H&K MP5, a Franchi SPAS-12 and an M16 and fired a single shot into the ceiling before turning the gun on his father, King Birendra. He then shot his uncle Dhirendra in the chest at point-blank range when he tried to stop Dipendra. Prince Paras suffered slight injuries and managed to save at least three royals, including two children, by pulling a sofa over them. During the attack, Dipendra darted in and out of the room firing shots each time.

Excerpts from the two-member committee report by Chief Justice Keshab Prasad Upadhyaya say that King Birendra made an abortive last-minute attempt to shoot at Dipendra as the latter fired indiscriminately, according to the details of the official probe report released in Kathmandu. After getting injured in the first attack by Dipendra, King Birendra picked up the 9mm caliber MP5 automatic sub-machine gun, which the prince had thrown before entering the billiards room in the palace for the second time and firing at the monarch and others, the late king's sister Princess Shova Shahi is quoted as having told the high-level probe panel. However, Shahi snatched the weapon from her brother and pulled out the magazine thinking that it was the only weapon Dipendra had. Corroborating Shova Shahi's version, Prince Paras is quoted as having said, "She [Shova] must have thought that it was the only weapon Dai (Dipendra) had but I saw that he had much more weapons."

His mother, Queen Aishwarya, who came into the room when the first shots were fired, left quickly, looking for help.

Aishwarya and Prince Nirajan confronted Dipendra in the garden of the palace, where they were both fatally shot multiple times. Dipendra then proceeded to a small bridge over a stream running through the palace, where he shot himself.

Lamteri, a junior army staff at Narayanhiti Palace, claimed that he saw Dipendra, who got six bullet shots in his back and one on the left hand, in an inebriated state in his private room before the royal family was killed. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepalese_royal_massacre)
2)   MOTHER’S DEPRESSION
At the beginning, she was suffering from fever. We took it lightly at the beginning as we thought it was just fever. We gave medicines of fever at the beginning. She was alright after taking medicines but later, again she suffered from fever and this time she couldn’t recognize the person and used to speak rubbish. We took her to the hospital at the Medicare Hospital but she didn’t come to the normal life. She used to carry the slide bottles and used to walk as she didn’t know where she was. She was in such a condition that she couldn’t remember where she was and how she was there. She was like unconscious.  No doctors could tell what has happened to her. Many medicines were given but there was no reaction. But after some months, we came to know about one of the doctors named AP Upadhaya and he treated to our mother. When he treated, he knew exactly what has happen to mother and told us she was suffering from depression. And he gave some medicines and slowly she was recovered. She was almost in the hospital like two months.

This was like a nightmare to us. My father had to do almost everything. He cooked for us and did everything for us and for mom. At that time, we were making home and my mother doesn’t know how the home was made. Everything was done by father and brother.

Comments

Popular Posts