MEMORY IV

I came to Kathmandu with my second sister and mother in 2054 B.S. from Dhankuta. My two siblings were already in Kathmandu. They were staying in the school hostel while we were in Dhankuta. We four siblings started studying in the same schools named “The New Summit School” which is located at Maitidevi.
I was admitted in the class three. At the beginning, my friends thought I was foreigner. They thought I came from America. At the beginning, I told them that I am Nepalese but they didn’t believe me but later I told that I was from America and my families are there. They believed me or not I don’t know. But I used to tell them that I used to spend my holidays on America.

My study was good till class three. My study went down when I was in class and since the second terminal exam of class four, my study went down. The reason behind it was that my parents went to UK for two years.

It was the year 1998 B.S. I was in class four. This year was on e of my worst year. It’s because my parents were not with me. My dad filled up the form for the DV lottery for UK with his friend. At that time, he was not serious. He just filled up the form and luckily he and his friend won the lottery. He got the scholarship in the University named Lead University. I don’t remember exact month but the year was 1998. After almost one month and half month, my mom too went to UK.

Before going to UK, she had learned English. Each and every time, she used to speak English which really used to irritate us. When I read this incident, I remember Hindi film “English Vinglish,” of Sridevi. In this too, daughter gets irritation when her mother speaks English. This movie makes me remember those days in which my mother spoke English and we sibling used to ignore her English.

But when she went to UK, I was totally lost. I was not able to concentrate on my studies. For almost three months, I was lost and didn’t want to study. I was not focus on my study. Although, I was in the class, I never paid attention on my study. I was more focus why my mother went in UK leaving me alone here. Although, I had three siblings and grandmother with me, it was not like leaving with the parents. After this, I failed in almost every subject.  My psychology was agitated.

Comments

Popular Posts