TEACHER FRIEND (MEMORY III)



It was the year of 2057 B.S., I was in class six. Students were preparing for the sports tournament and we were looking at them. Meanwhile, one of my friends said, “Do you want to see Preity Zinta?” And we all girls said yes. More than my friends, I was curious to see Preity Zinta because at that time, I was fan of her, especially, I loved her dimples. And she showed one girl. At first, we really thought that she was real Preity Zinta but later we knew she was similar to her. I was shocked and was only looking at her.

After few days, I was able to know that she was pre-primary teacher. She was new teacher in the school. Her name was Namrata Sharma. Whenever, I wanted to speak, I couldn’t. But after two months, it was one hour break. This one hour break changed my life. One of my friends got the letter from my copy as she was copying through mine. It was social studies copy and there she saw one paper and found it was the letter written to Namrata Sharma. She read it and later she told me that they will give it to her. I said yes. Two of my friends gave the letter but later, I realized that I did a mistake. Why did I say yes to my friends for the letter? If principal knows about it, then she will throw me out of the school. I was scared. I was felt guilty.
Whole night, I couldn’t sleep whole night and was thinking what she could say about me. I just wanted to make her my friend. Will she accept my friend or explain everything to principal? I was waiting for the next day.

The next day, it was the computer period. One of the pre-primary teachers came and said “Who is Aneeta?” And I raised my hand. She gave me a letter. I was curious to see what was written in the letter. All of my close friends started teasing me. I was waiting the class to be over and wanted to go back to home and read the letter.

After the classes were over, I was excited and when I reached home, I started reading a letter. I was excited that she had noticed me and she had mentioned that she was really happy to know that there was positive thoughts on her by a student and she accepted my friend request.  To tell the truth, her handwriting was excellent and for many days, I kept that letter under my pillow.

The next day, my friends asked me about it and gave the letter to them to read and they were happy for me. To tell the truth, I felt relieved at that time because she didn’t complain to the principal. If she had complained, what could happen to me?

After the break, we had computer class. I was not concentrating on the class but was concentrating on her. She used to speak with one of the guy very friendly. He used to share everything with her and she used to show her the photo album. I was angry at that time because she never showed her photo album to me.I didn't know his full name but his name was Roshan. 
 
More than that, we never spoke. It’s not like we fought but I was still scared of speaking with her. Not only that, when I wanted to speak, Roshan used to be with her. I only spoke to her at the end of the session when I heard that she was leaving the school. I gave a flower to her and said, “Are you leaving the school?”
“Yes,” she said.
“But why?”

But she didn’t reply. And I returned back to the exam hall. At the end of the exam hall, I asked her phone number but she didn’t provide me her number. It was Roshan who provided me a number and I was excited to get the number but was all vanish because it was wrong number.

After four years of studying there, I left that school and went to another school. I used to be in touch with my friends and one of the friends, tried to help me by getting her number but she couldn’t.

Now, when I remember this incident, I feel that I was crazy at that time. To tell the truth, I sometimes do remember her. I don’t know where she is now and what’s she is doing? But it was one of the memorable incidents.

Comments

Popular Posts