MY BIRTHDAY (MEMORY VI)



2057 B.S. (2000 A.D.)  
MY BIRTHDAY

It was July 6, 2000. It was my birthday. The day before, I told my four friends to come in my home for the birthday treat. Since the morning, I wanted my brother to tell that I have invited few friends for my birthday but I couldn’t because I have the fear of rejection. So, I didn’t tell him.

After the school was over, my friends told me to go with them and I went with them. They brought some gifts for me which they didn’t show me at the beginning and packed it and after completing it, we went in my home. My brother, sisters and grandmother was shocked to see my friends at home. When I went to change my clothes, my brother scolded me for not letting him know about it. But later, he brought some black forest cake and I gave those to my friends.
They sat for one and half hour and went. Interestingly, I have to go with them to their house respectively and I reached home around 7 pm. This made me more scared of my brother. I knew my brother could scold me and same thing happen. He scolded me for going with them in the house respectively. He even told that cannot they go alone. He was very angry that I called my friends without letting him and secondly, he was angry for going with them.

There was another reason he was angry. There was one brother who we knew and I told him that let his mother call me in my birthday. Later, she called me and when she said Happy Birthday, I said Ok instead of thank you and he was listening to our conversation. When our conversation was over, he said that why didn’t I say thank you and more than that why did I say that auntie that it was my birthday.

I felt guilty for what I did at that moment. I wish I hadn’t invited to my friends and told that auntie about my birthday. At least, I couldn’t be scolded.

Comments

Popular Posts