DESTINATION III



“Where are you from?”said Rina.
 “America,” said John.
“What made you visit Nepal?”
“This is my second time in Nepal. This time I came to Nepal because I am free. “
“Free?”
“I left my job of IT few months ago.”
“Why did you leave your job?”
“It was boring so I left the job. And what made you come to Pokhara?”
“I came Pokhara for the filed visit.”
“Not exactly.”
“Just.”
“Then why are you doing this job?”
“Because I love to travel.”

 Both remain silent. Meanwhile, one old woman came and he got up from the seat and let that old woman sit in the seat.

After few hours, she was back to her home, Kalanki. When she reached home, she lied down on her bed and started thinking about that foreigner. She had forgotten to ask his name and phone number. She only knew that he lived in New York, America. She opened her laptop and searched who lived in New York. Although, she knew she shall not get the guy’s information, she still searched the information. She felt guilty for not asking the name and phone number of the guy. More than that, she felt upset that she couldn’t talk with him more than five minutes. She felt like she didn’t get a right opportunity to ask his name and phone number.

After two days, she was in the office and her friends asked about her trip and she shared her experience and told about her five minutes conversation with the foreigner. Her friends teased her. To tell the truth, fell in love with him at the first sight. But she didn’t know about her destination.

After one month, she was again in the field visit. But this time, she was in Dhankuta. It was early in the morning and she was drinking a cup of tea and looking here and there. Meanwhile, she saw him next to her. He was sitting in the chair and drinking a cup of coffee. She went near to him and said, “Hi.”
“Hi.”
“Can I join you?”
“Sure.”
“We have met before, remember?”

He started remembering where has he seen her but couldn’t and said, “Sorry, I don’t remember.”
Although, she wanted him to remember that five minutes conversation, she felt bad and said, “That’s ok. We met in the bus while coming back to Kathmandu from Pokhara. We only talked five minutes.” She wanted him to remember that moment.

 “Ok. But I am extremely sorry that I don’t remember. Please, don’t mind.”
“That’s ok. I don’t mind.” Actually, she was sad that he doesn’t remember her.

Meanwhile, a girl came near to them and sat on the chair and said, “Sorry, for the late.”
“It’s ok.” And she ordered breakfast for her and him. She felt odd and got up and said, “OK. Bye. See you soon.”

He smiled. And she left the place but when she reached near to the door, she looked back and saw them talking and smiling.

The next day, they again met in the morning. This time, they were at the same table and Merina said, “How was your day yesterday?”
“Good.”
“Can I know your name?”
“John Sheldon. And yours?”
 Rina Shrestha. What made you come to Nepal?”
“This time I came with my girlfriend. We are getting married next month. And what made you come to this place?”
“Field visit. I am here for two weeks.”
“I am also here for two weeks. By the way, I am new in this place. Can you show me this beautiful place?”
“Sure.”

Everyday, three of them used to travel this beautiful place. She used to be happy when he was with her but didn’t show it to anyone because she knew he has a girlfriend.

Finally, the day has come to be away from each other. There were two days left. It was the evening time. Rina and John were sitting in the chair and drinking a cup of coffee. Meanwhile, John broke the silent and said, “Can I ask you one question?”
“Sure.”
“Do you have boyfriend? Have you loved anyone?”

She remained silent. She didn’t respond. She didn’t know what to say.
“Hey, sorry if I ask you wrong question.”
“That’s ok. Till now, nobody proposed me or I have loved anyone.” She lied and she gave a fake smile. In addition to this,, he was observing her. Then, he said, “Are you lying?”
“No. Why should I lie?”
“Because of your fake smile.”
“Seriously, I don’t love anyone.”

They both again remained silent. They looked each other and their eyes met. She asked him, “Do you love your girlfriend?”
“What kind of question is this?”
“Most of the time, I feel like you don’t love you girlfriend. You love somebody else.”
“Really? What made you think so?”
“It’s because your eyes tell so.”
“Really?” He smiled.
“I really love my girlfriend.”

Meanwhile, his girlfriend came and called her and he went with her.

The next day…
It was the last day of them. After this, they will be away from each other. Although, she was packing her clothes, her concentration was on John. She was thinking the days spent with him. There were tears rolling on her eyes.

On the other hand, John too was thinking about Rina. He too had tears in his eyes. He started falling in love with her but couldn’t express his feelings. He went outside and looked at the stars. Tomorrow, they have to be apart. Thinking about this, made him to return back to those days spend with her but he cannot bring back those days.

The next day, they were with their luggage and saw each other .They couldn’t say anything to each other. Meanwhile, Jenny came and she looked at both of them. She smiled and said, “ Hey, guys. What’s up? What happen?”
“Nothing,” said John.
“I know you are lying.”
“No, I am not lying.”
She, then showed him his diary. He was shocked and said, “Where did you get this diary?”
“It’s not important that from where I got this diary. It’s important what’s written here. You never loved me. You loved Rina. You lied to her that you don’t remember where you met her. You were confused whether it was infatuation or the true love. But when you came here and spend time with her, you were in love with her. You wanted to express your feelings but couldn’t because I was in middle. You didn’t want to break my heart as I was with you in the hard time but you never loved me but couldn’t say it.”

Everyone remained silent. Rina looked at Jenny. There were tears rolling from her eyes. Rina was about to say something but Jenny interrupt and said, “Please, express your feelings. Don’t hide it.”
“Jenny.” He was upset and said, “How can I break your heart? Think about yourself.”
“No, John. I am Ok. Your true love is Rina. You both love each other. You guys will remain happy forever. I am happy because I got a friend like you. We still can be friends.”

Rina went near to jenny and hugged her. Furthermore, John too hugged her. After that, Jenny said, “Propose her.”

He knelled down and said, “I know I lied to you about Pokhara. I am sorry about it. But to say the truth, I love you truly from bottom of my heart. Will you be my life partner forever?”

She smiled and said yes. They both hugged each other. Meanwhile, they looked around but didn’t see Jenny and her luggage. She went without saying goodbye to them.






Comments

Popular Posts