PURSUE YOUR DREAMS



I
“Dad, I don’t want to be architect. I want to pursue literature want to be a writer. I don’t want to be architect. I don’t understand the words of architect. "

His dad slapped him and said, “I am working hard to make you architect but you want to be a writer. Don’t be fool. I wanted to become architect. I had a dream of being architect but I couldn’t. My dream was not fulfilled so I wanted you to be architect. What I didn’t become, I want you to be. What will you do becoming writer? You will carry a bag and have a beard. More than that, instead of earning money, you will spend money to become writer. In addition to this, you will go here and there. What will I say if neighbors and relatives ask about you? They will laugh at us.”

“If you didn’t pursue your dream, it doesn’t mean, I shouldn’t pursue my dream. I will not be happy if I become architect but I will be happy if I become writer. I don’t care what other says. I want to listen what my heart wants to be.”

His dad again slapped him and said, “If I say you will be architect, you will be. Don’t argue.”

Abhi wanted to say something to his dad but his dad got up from the kitchen without finishing his food. His mother couldn’t say anything as there was useless arguing with his dad.

Although, he was pursuing architect for his dad sake, he was not happy and not satisfied from bottom of heart. He never understood the words of architect. He wanted to throw those books but he couldn’t.
II
When Abhi returned home from his friends’ house, he saw his father in aggressive mood. He somehow was scared of his father. Abhi couldn’t look at his father’s face. His father looked at him. He showed him the fiction books to him.

He didn’t know what to do say on it and looked here and there. He couldn’t face his father. “What is this? I told you to study architect but you are studying these silly books instead of architect.”

His father burned the books. Abhi stopped his father for burning books but failed. His father came near to him and slapped him. He said, “How many times I have told you to study architect but you are studying those silly literature books. What do you achieve by reading those silly books? You will be beggar by writing books. I am tired of giving you lecture about it but you are the one who is not getting me. I want to see you as a successful architect but you are fool.”

“Dad, please understand my dream. I want to be writer. Whether I will be successful or not, I will be satisfied and happy with my profession. I am also tired, dad by telling you that I don’t want to be an architect. I don’t understand the words of architect.”

Abhi’s father gave an aggressive look at Abhi and said, “If you want to be a writer then get out of my house and do whatever you want.”  
III
It has been three months he had left home. He had started working as a teacher in the school. He left architect and started studying literature in Master’s Degree from Rara Campus. More than that, he started giving tuition to the students. Although, it has been difficult time for him, he was handling his situation. He wanted to fulfill his dream as a writer.

With the passing time, he completed his Master’s Degree and started working in various schools as a teacher. In addition to this, when he had free time, he used to do research on what wanted to write.

He knew there will be lots of obstacles and struggles in the life but never gave up with those obstacles and struggles. He also knew that he didn’t have strong finance to publish the book but he knew that if something is desired truly, it will be true.
IV
It has been one year, Abhi was searching for the publisher but most of the publisher rejected his book by making an excuse that his book didn’t have any newness. More than that, he didn’t have sufficient finance.

When he was rejected for his book, he was broken. He felt that his father was right because he couldn’t succeed of publishing the book. Furthermore, he didn’t have strong finance to publish the book. He almost had lost his hope but he didn’t know that his life as about to be changed.
V
After two years, there was a book launch of Abhi at Hotel Everest. The novel was named as “My Struggle.” He was happy. He was not happy but was extremely happy.

“Today, we are glad to announce you the new writer. We are glad because his novel is one of the finest novels, we have seen. We were searching the new writer and new story for our publishing house. We rejected many writers book because of content but when we read Abhi’s book, we felt the readers will love the book and it will be the bestselling book. What made me to publish the book is the content and the languages used in the book. More than that, this book will make you cry. Furthermore, his novel is about his struggle and inspires the youth to work hard. One must read this novel. And now I want to call on the stage, Mr Abhi Abhikari,” said Nitesh Baral of Read Me More Publisher’s Director.

Abhi went near to the mike. He looked at the audience. For a while, he thought it was a dream. More than that, he didn’t have words to say in front of the audiences.

“Today, I am happy. For the moment, I thought it was a dream but it is the reality. I knew I wanted to be a writer. It took me a long time to publish a book. There were lots of obstacles and struggle in my life.

To be very honest, my father never wanted me to be a writer. He wanted me to be an architect. He never completed his education in the field of architect. He couldn’t fulfill his dream so he wanted me to fulfill his dream. It was his dreams not mine. My dream was to be writer, not architect. We had many arguments in this topic. 

I used to hide the literature books and used to read those books. I never read the books of architect because I never understood the words of architect. But one day, my father saw the books of literature and threw in the fire. From that day, I left the house and never returned back to that house. I hated my father for not understanding my dreams. He looked at his dreams only.

Although, I left house, I had many obstacles and struggles. I pursued literature and started teaching in many schools, even gave tuition to many students to pursue my dream. For certain moment, I was not hopeless but when my book was rejected by many publishers, I lost my hope. But after some months, Read Me More Publishers gave a call and published my book.

I am glad that they gave a chance for making me a writer. I don’t know whether my book will be successful or not but my love for writing books will not die. More than that, I am not conscious of being successful or not. I do care whether I am satisfied or not with my work. I should be happy with my book.

Lastly, I want to say that let your dream fulfilled. Although, there are many obstacles and struggles you not stop following your dream. More than that, I want to say that parents should their children follow their dreams instead of parent’s dream. Encourage your children to follow their heart.

Furthermore, if I had become architect and transferred my dream to my children, how about their dreams? This will be continuing for many generations. Why people don’t understand that every person has their own dreams and why they are transferring their dreams in their children?

Finally, thank you Read Me More Publisher giving me an opportunity and believing me. Thank you, audience for coming in my book launch. Moreover, I will be glad if they read my novel. Thank you, all.”

After giving speech, the book was launched. The book became national bestseller within a month.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts