LOVE WITH THE GHOST II



I
“Lift, Lift, Lift?” He stopped the car and he opened the window. “Yes, can I help you?” Summit said.

“I need a lift.” He opens the door the door for her and she entered in the car and said, “Thank you.”

“Welcome,” he said with a smile. “By the way, where should I drop you?”
“On the apartment of Bishalnagar.”
“Ok.”

Within the fifteen minutes, they reached the apartment. She was out of the car and said, “Thank you, again.”
“My pleasure. Good night.”
“Good night.”

While, they were in the car, both didn’t speak. One reason was that Summit had not spoken with the girls till now and felt shy to speak with them.  Another reason was that he feels awkward to speak with the new people.

The next day, it was 11:30 pm, he was returning back to his home from his office as he was journalist. He saw the same girl asking for the lift. He went near to her and opens the car window.

“Can I help you?”

She smiled and said, “Lift.” And she entered in the car. They both didn’t speak for a while. They both looked each other and smiled. When they were near to her apartment, he said, “Can I know your name?”

“Simran,” she said and smiled. “And yours?”
“Summit. By the way, where do you work? I mean don’t take it wrong. I saw you yesterday too in the night at the same time.”

She didn’t answer him. When she didn’t answer him, he said, “Sorry for the wrong question.” And they arrived to the apartment.
“Thank you, again.”
“My pleasure. Good night.”
“Good night.”

This continued to for a week and finally after a week, she said, “Last week, when you asked me about my profession, I didn’t react because I didn’t want to tell the truth.”
“What kind of truth?”
“Actually, I am a bar dancer.”

He stopped the car. They both looked at each other and both of their eyes met. They came closer and were about to kiss. But there was a rainfall and they both came in the reality.
“I am sorry,” she said.

They both remained silent. They both looked here and there. And finally, she said, “I am a bar dancer. If I had told you before you could take it negatively. People usually take it as negatively. To tell the fact, I love dancing but didn’t know that I could work as a dance bar.  Although, I don’t like working in a dance bar, I didn’t have any alternative options.” He didn’t ask further about her and dropped her in an apartment.

They both started loving each other and were in the relationship. It has been three months, they were in relationship.
II
It was fine day, he went at her apartment. “Simran, Simran,” Summit called her but she didn’t answer. He looked in the kitchen, living room, bed room but he didn’t find her. When he was about to call her in the phone, he heard the sound of water from bathroom. He waited for her in the living room.

After ten minutes, when she came in the living room, she saw Summit sitting in the sofa with WAVE magazine. She was shocked to see him and said, “Summit? You here.”

He got up from sofa and said, “Why are you so shocked to see me? Aren’t you happy to see me?”

She pretended that she was happy and gave him a fake smile. She said, “By the way, why are you here? Do you have any work with me?”
“I know the truth about you.”

She was scared and said, “What kind of truth?”

He looked at her and went near to her. He kept both of his hands on her shoulder and said, “The truth is that…..”

Her heart was beating and was curious to know what he knows about her.
“The truth is that…” she said.
“The truth is that I love you and you love me.”

She took a long breathe and he laughed. “You made such a horrible face that was the funniest expressions I have ever seen. By the way, why are you scared?”

She got angry and said, “You really scared me. It’s not the joke. You didn’t arrive here to say this.”
“I need to tell you good news.”
“What’s that?”
“I have talked about you with my parents. They wants to see you.”
“For what?”
“For our marriage.”
“Marriage.”
“Why are you shocked about marriage? Aren’t you interested to get married with me?”

She gave him a fake smile and nodded. Both hugged each other.


III
“After I talked about our marriage, why is she out of contact?” he said to himself. It had been one week, he was trying to reach her but couldn’t. He even reached on her apartment but didn’t find her. He looked around if he could see anyone and could ask about her.

“I will come after two days so that I can give her surprise in her birthday,” he said to himself.

After two days, when he went in her apartment with gifts and red roses. The door was locked. He was shocked. It has been 10 days; he was searching her but couldn’t find her. He then knocked the door one of the neighbours of Simran.

One old man opens the door, “Who are you looking for?”
“The girl whose name is Simran lives opposite to your flat. Where has she gone? I am trying to contact her for 10 days but couldn’t.”

“Simran, who Simran? Nobody is staying in that flat. It has been two years that flat is empty.”

He couldn’t believe him. More than that, he was astounded. Then, he said, “I am frequently visiting this flat. How that nobody is staying here.”

“Ask everyone who lives here in this apartment. Everyone will say what I have said. I have being living in this flat for five years. How cannot I know who lives here on this apartment.”

He couldn’t believe himself. He then visited the dance bar. When he heard the truth, he was lost. He was in the love with the ghost. Simran was a ghost. She died one year ago in a car accident.

IV
It was 11:30 pm. He was in the terrace with a cigarette. He was lost in the memories of Simran. He wants to hear the truth from Simran.

“Summit.” He immediately turned back because it was the voice of Simran. Simran was standing in the middle and went near to her. He said, “Simran.”
“You might be thinking that I didn’t tell you the truth that I was the ghost.”

He nodded his head and said, “Why did you come in my life? Why did hide the truth? What was the reason?”
“You want to hear the truth.” He nodded his head.
“I had joined dancing bar in 2012. Different types of people used to come in the dance bar. Although, I earned money from dancing, it wasn’t sufficient for me. People wanted to take advantages of me but I was ignoring those people.  Meanwhile four boys used to come in dance bar and they wanted to take advantages but I ignored them. But it was December 31st, 2012 11:30 pm, I was dancing in the dance bar. Those four boys were again came and were drunk and came near to me. They brought me in their car and they…..”

She cried and couldn’t tell what had happened. He was listening what she was telling. “They raped me and threw me from the car and I died. Nobody came to help me.

You know why do I met you in the same place. It’s the same place where they killed me. More than that, the news about four boys who died in the road accident some months ago.”

He was amazed and said, “You?”
“Yes, me. I killed them. When they driving a car, I was visible for them and they went in the wrong way and died in a car accident.”

She further added, “I know what you are thinking. You are thinking why I came in your life because you were following the news of those four boys and I got information from your news.
Summit, I want to tell you one more thing. After meeting with you, I knew the meaning of love, trust and friendship. You gave me happiness. After so long period of time, I was happy from bottom of my heart. But when you talked about marriage, I wanted to tell you truth but couldn’t. So, I thought to go away from you. But when you started doing inquiry, I finally decided to tell you the truth.

Lastly, please, forgive me. I love you. If there is next birth, I wish you to be mine. And she disappeared from terrace. He couldn’t react. He didn’t know what to say as his mind went blind. More than that, he had not seen this type of incident in his life.”

Comments

Popular Posts