NO SPACE FOR DOUBT



I
           “I am still waiting for your answer, Nikhil,” said Abhinita.
           “And my answer will be the same, Abhinita,” said Nikhil.
            “Do you have girlfriend?”
             “No.”
            “Then?”
              He was fed up with her argument. He knew it could be useless to argue with her but he was trying to convince her.
             “Look, Abhinita. I agree that in my life. I don’t have any friend besides you. Although, you are good friend of mine, I don’t see you as you think. I don’t want to marry you.”
             “But I want to marry you, Nikhil.”
             “But I don’t want to. How many times I told you that I am not interested to marry you.” He became aggressive. He was upset and couldn’t say any words ahead.
              They both remained silent. Every day, they do argument on this topic. More than that, Nikhil’s parents wanted him to settle down but he was not in the mood to get married.
II
             His parents convinced him to get married and got married with Somnita who completed her Master’s Degree in Environment Science. On the other hand, Abhinita was too aggressive that she wanted to kill Nikhil’s wife. Although, she was feeling jealous, she didn’t show in front of him.
          Both of them used to work in the same office and after a week, they met. They were in the restaurant. Abhinita was observing him and he was not in the happy mood. He was not looking at her and was lost somewhere else.
       “Hey, Nikhil. What’s wrong? You look so distributed. Any problem?”
        He took a long breather and said, “I was not interested to get married but my father…….” He stopped and looked here and there. He then looked at Abhinita and said, “My father forced me to get married. It has been more than two months, we haven’t talked and haven’t seen each other face. I feel uncomfortable and don’t feel compatible with her.”
       When he was saying uncomfortable and incompatible, Abhinita was feeling happy and relaxed. She looked at him. He was lost in his world and didn’t seem happy in his married life.
      “Don’t worry, Nikhil. Everything will be fine. You are newly married. Just give a chance to your marriage. If it didn’t work, you can have an alternative way for it.” She kept her hands in his. “Please, relax.”
        He nodded his head. After having their lunch, they were back to their office. On the one hand, Abhinita was happy that Nikhil’s marriage was not good and she wanted this to be continuing so that Nikhil could be hers. On the other hand, Nikhil was thinking to give a chance to his marriage.
III
        “You seem happy,” said Abhinita.
        “Yes.”
        “Can I know why?”
        “I was wrong about my wife. At first, I thought she is conservative and not my type. But I was wrong about her. Within these two months, she had well taken care of my family. I am very happy. She is not of my class but she is a simple who is caring and loving person. I gave a chance to this relationship and it really worked. Thank you, Abhinita for your idea.”
       She pretended to be happy but from the bottom of the heart, she was jealous and was feeling guilty why she gave such idea to him.
       He started spending most of the time with his wife. Both of them seemed to be happy. One day, when they were having a candle light dinner, Somnita said, “You know Nikhil, I was not interested to get married but my insisted me to get married. When I got married with you, I was not happy and never liked you. At the beginning, when you started caring I felt awkward but later felt to give a chance to this relationship.”
     “Now, after giving chance to this relationship, are you happy?” He smiled.
    “What do you think?” She smiled and looked at him. Both smiled.
    “I think….”
   “What do you think?”
  “I think………. I am happy.” Both smiled and laughed.
    While having a dinner, Abhinita rang a ring in Nikhil’s phone but he didn’t respond to her. She was continuously ringing him but he was the one who was ignoring her and finally he switched off his phone. Abhinita got angry and threw her mobile and the mobile was broken.
IV
     Nikhil was driving a car and he saw Somnita with one of the guy. He followed her and reached in the apartment of Bishalnagar. The door was open and he entered the room. The room was small. When he didn’t see anyone, he was about to leave the place but heard something broken. He went inside the kitchen, there were no one. Then he went in another room and found his wife with another guy.
   “Somnita,” he said.
   “Nikhil,” she said in shockingly.
   “What are you doing here?”
     She didn’t say anything for a few second. “Tell me, what are you doing here with this guy? Who is this guy?”
   She was about to tell the truth but a guy came near to Nikhil and spoke out.
V
  “Please, listen to me, Nikhil.” He was in the aggressive mood. He couldn’t believe his eyes that his wife was a betrayal. He had started loving her but what had she done to him. She broke his trust.
 “I don’t want to hear you anymore. Why did you hide about your past, Somnita? Why? Why did you do it to me? I didn’t expect that you could do this to me. I started falling in love with me. But you… But you are a betrayal wife.”
   She was about to tell something but he stopped her. He continued to speak and said, “I want a divorce from you and leave my house. I don’t want to see you anymore. Please, leave me alone. Go.”
   She started crying and wanted him to listen her but he was ignoring her. She failed to convince him what was the situation. And finally, she left his home.
VI
    After one week, he was in the office. “What happened Nikhil? You came at the office after one week. You used to come to the office even after if you were unwell. But this time, what had had happen to you? You didn’t even receive my phone calls.”
    He didn’t say anything and went from office. She was amazed to see him in this way. She wanted to know what had happened to him.
   It was 6:30 pm. The door bell rang and he opened the door. “Can I come in?’ said Abhinita.
   “Sure.”
   “Wanna have a cup of coffee?”
   “Sure.”
    After five minutes, he came with the coffee. After few sip of coffee, she said, “Hey, what had happened to you, Nikhil? Why are you so upset? You look disturbed and where is Somnita?”
   After few sip of coffee, he kept his cup of coffee on the table and explained everything to Abhinita. She was happy that Somnita was no more in his life and thought he could be hers and will marry him.
  “What?” She pretended that she was shocked.
   He didn’t say any words. He himself was shocked about Somnita. He still loved her. “Why did she do this to me?” he murmured himself.
  “Can I say something to you?”
  “Yes.”
  “I am still waiting for your answer, Nikhil.”
   He gave a strange look at her and said, “Will you stop it? In this situation, you are talking like this? I have already told you that I don’t have any feelings for you. How many times do I need you to tell that relationships are not made forcefully and I don’t want to marry you. If you next time, repeat it again, I will not able to speak with you and maintain this relationship.”
VII
   After knowing the truth, she used to call him continuously. He was fed up and was ignoring her. He was lost in the memories of Somnita and wanted to forget her but couldn’t.
  “Nikhil, I love you.” It was voice of Abhinita. He was about to ignore the message, the voice said, “Please don’t ignore my voice message. I really love you. I am crazy about you. You have rejected me thousands of time but still I am still in love with you. I couldn’t see you with any other girls. When you told me that you were uncomfortable and incompatible with Somnita, I was happy and prayed you two to be separated and when you guys were separated, I was happy. I thought you were mine but you still loved Somnita. I couldn’t bear this so I planned to kill myself. When you shall listen my voice message, I will not be in this world. I really love you. Bye.”
    Nikhil was shocked and sat on the bed. He didn’t know she killed herself. He could have understood that why she didn’t call him for two days and didn’t see her. She committed suicide.
VIII
     It had been two weeks; Somnita and Nikhil were not in touch and in contact. Somnita was in her home at Chabhill and wanted to meet him. She wanted him to meet her but till now, he didn’t come. She wanted to meet him but didn’t get an opportunity to meet as she was upset. She wanted to forget the moment which separated them. She still loves him. So, she finally made a plan to meet him.
    She went at his house. She didn’t see him. With the help of maid, she opened the room of Nikhil and kept the letter in his diary. She had written a letter to him on the same day when he told her to leave his house.More than that, she convinced the maid about her arrival in his house.
IX
After two years
      It was Friday, the time showed 10:30 pm. He was looking the darkness sky and the moon which brought light in the sky through window. Then, there was rainfall. Not only that, the wind closed the window and all the papers which were on the table fell in the ground. He started picking up those papers. Meanwhile, while picking up papers, he saw one letter which he never saw.
     “Letter?” he was amazed and started reading letter.
Dear Nikhil,
                  Today, whatever you saw is not actually what you saw. Manav was my childhood. Yes, he loved me but it was long back ago. I had forgotten those matters and was happy with you. I considered him as a good friend. He had proposed me six years ago but I didn’t feel for him so I rejected him. But after eight years, we both met. We both were happy to see each other. He insisted me to see his apartment but I was not interested to visit his apartment but as a friend, I went there.
               We were having snacks and a cup of tea fell down. As I was about to pick up the broken pieces of cup, he proposed me again. He wanted to have a physical relationship and I was shocked. More than that, when he said we love each other, you believed him instead of me. You believed a stranger. I was not in the relationship with him.
              I love you, Nikhil and how could you think that I had betrayed you. Never. I had never betrayed you. You doubted on me, Nikhil. More than that, you didn’t listen to me. At least, you could have given me a chance to explain but you didn’t. If this situation had occurred to you and if I didn’t give you a chance to speak what could you do.
           Nikhil, I really love you. Although, our marriage was not done with our interest, we gave a chance to relationship. We didn’t speak and see each other almost for two months but after we gave a chance to our relationship. After that, we loved each other and trusted each other. You were the one who taught me to fall in love and to trust each other.
        Nikhil, I won’t tell you as the best husband every wife finds their husbands best husbands but I see you as the good human being. Until and unless you become good human being, you won’t be able to become good husband. In the marriage institution, there are certain aspects which includes love, trust, promise, care, affection and more than that a good friend. You have all those aspects but you were good friend of mine with whom I can share everything. I trusted you more than anyone else. But you didn’t trust me, Nikhil, you didn’t.
        It’s easy to break the trust but difficult to join it.  Although, you have broken my trust, my heart says to forgive you. My heart says to forget it because of love that I had done to you. I have lots of love for you. I cannot live without you. I want you to be my husband for many years. You have a special place in my heart. Nikhil, I am waiting for you. Your love is waiting for you.
                                                                                    Your love
                                                                                 Somnita
          After reading this letter, he felt guilty for not trusting his wife. Somnita had loved him so deeply that she is ready to forgive him. He felt guilty for trusting the stranger. He is the one who brought darkness in his life. To bring brightness in his life is to bring Somnita. But how can he face her? He had done a crime by not trusting him.
X
           It was Saturday. She woke up lately and threw her curtain and opened the windows. She looked at the sky and there was beautiful sun. When she was looking at the sun rising, door bell rang and she went near to the door. There, she saw Nikhil with bunch of red roses. She couldn’t say anything.
“Can I come in?”
“Huh.”
“Can I come in?”
“Sure.”
          Tears fell from her eyes. After two years, they have met. What to say and what not to. Both of them very sitting in the sofa and looked here and there. They both wanted to speak but didn’t know how to start.
          Finally, Nikhil said, “Somnita, I am really sorry. I shouldn’t have doubt about you. I should have listened to you which I didn’t do. You loved me so much that you are ready to forgive me and forget the incident but what kind of love is mine. I trusted Manav who is stranger to me. I had listened to him, not you. You trusted me than yourself but I didn’t trust you. You are the one who us saving this relationship. If I were you, I couldn’t have done what you have done.
          After you went, my life was dark which didn’t have light because my light had gone far away from me. I want my light in my life. I know what I have done cannot be forgiven but I should confess that I did a mistake.”
          She was listening to him and was crying. Furthermore, he added, “Somnita, please come back to my life. I need you. I will not doubt on you. I need a second chance. I want to grow old with you and spend my whole life with you with the promise, love, trust, care, affection and more than there shall be good friendship between us. Please, come back to my life.”
        Tears fell down and she hugged him, “I had already forgiven you and was waiting for you. I thought you could come but you came late.”
      “I was very upset. I didn’t know you had written a letter. Yesterday, I got an opportunity to read your letter.”
    “God has given you punishment to live without me and realized what you have done. Promise me, there shall be no space for doubt and arguments.”
   “Promise.”
   Both smiled and hugged each other. After this, there were happily lived. More than that, they got a reason to live. Somnita gave a birth to baby boy and were happy with a baby boy.

Comments

Popular Posts