MEMORIES OF GOOD FRIEND

             It was raining extremely and I was looking at the rainfall through window. I was drinking green tea and was lost in the memories of of my best friend as today was her birthday and wished her to come back in my life but she cannot come back.
            While I was drinking a cup of green tea, the door bell rang and my dear friend Kusum arrived. I was glad that she came as I needed to talk with. We both hugged each other and were happy to see each other.
            She went near to bed and sat on the bed. She saw the photo album and saw the photos of mine and my friend. While looking at the photos, Kusum said,"Who is this with you?"
             I looked at the photos and smiled. I went near to her and sat on the bed. I  again looked at the photos. I was looking at the photos deeply and Kusum was looking at my face.
            "Why are you looking at these photos so deeply?"
            "These photos are very precious for me?"
            "Why is that so?"
            "These photos are of my best friend, Yuzeena Shakya."
            "Where is she now?"
             I remained silent and tears were falling from my eyes. "What had happened to her and why there are tears in your eyes?"
             "She is no more. She died  eight months ago in plane crash."
              She was shocked and felt what to say. She did not tell anything for the second.
              "I am sorry. But how did this happen?"
              "It was 1st January, 2015. She was happy and excited to study in Australia. She had a flight at 11:55pm, Sunday. More than that, there was heavy rainfall. Due to the rainfall, the plane was crashed and all the passengers including pilot died. I will never forget this incident, Kusum."
              "I am sorry, dear. But I want to know how you guys met?"
              "We met in the college in Shankar Dev Campus.We studied together for 2 years. We became good friends since 2011. She came good friend of mine. We became very close friends within a week. She was like my guidance and mentor.  She was with me whenever I needed her. Because of her, I was less aggressive. More than that, I became more polite."
              "Have you ever fought with each other?"
              "No. She was cool and polite person. She never wanted to argue with any persons.  She used to convince me if I did any wrong. But I never knew that my life could change after her death. I was left alone. After her death, I never spoke that much and remained silent. I was changed so much after her death.
             You know Kusum your face remained me of Yuzeena. Whenever you speak and see your smile, I remember her. I really loved her."
               And I  got up from the bed. I looked rainfall. "Kusum, I hate rainfall. This rainfall is the cause of my friend's death. I used to love rainfall before but nowadays...."
               I remained silent and looked at Yuzeena's photos. Kusum too remained silent and couldn't say anything.  
             
           
          
          
             


Comments

Popular Posts