STORY OF A HERO



I
“After the best actress award, let’s move on the last category that is the best actor award and the nominees are: Karan Shrestha for Sapna, Nabin Pradhan for Jeevan Saathi, Manu Thapa, Amit Pokharel for Sukha and Bishal Adhikari for Karz.

And we could like to invite veteran actor Laxman Ojha and beautiful actress Prekshya Shrestha.”
They came in the stage and Laxman Ojha said, “And the winner is………”

“And the winner is Bishal Adhikari for Karz,” said Prekshya Shrestha.

The invitees clapped her hands and Bishal Adhikari came in the stage. Laxman Ojha and Prekshya Shrestha handed award to Bishal. He gave a look at the award and went near to the mike. He, then, said, “Thank you, everyone. Firstly, I could like to thank jury for believing me. Secondly, I could like to thank my team for trusting me in the role. Thirdly, I could like to thank my family for supporting me.

This is my first award. Although, I have acted in many movies, I didn’t get an opportunity to get an award for any movies. Finally, I got an award. To be very honest, the movie “Karz” is very close to my heart and one of the best movies of mine so far. It’s because I have being doing supporting role till now. But I got an opportunity to work as a hero in this movie. More than that, this is the biggest hit film of my life. So, I could like to thank my team for trusting me. In addition to this, thank you audience, for making this movie as a huge hit. Thank you, everyone.”

Again, the audience clapped their hands. He was glad for getting the award and he came back to his seat.

“Thank you, everyone for accepting our invitation to come in this award function. Thank you, our sponsors, banks and media partners. Our sponsors are Wai Wai Noodles, Coca Cola, Wheel Powder. Thank You, Kist Bank. Our Media Sponsors are Kantipur Publication, ABC Channel, News 24, The Rising Nepal, Ujwalo FM, Image FM, Online News and Radio Nepal. Thank you,, audience for watching us on the television,” said the actress Kusum Adhikari.

II
The film Karz was a huge commercial success and Bishal Adhikari was everywhere. Although, after this movie, he was offered many movies, they all were supporting and character roles. He was talented guy but never got an opportunity to play a powerful role. He later was depressed. He couldn’t attain the pinnacle of success and stardom after playing in the movies like “Kusum,” “Mero Kahani,” “Jung,” “Hero,” “Facebook,” “Kahani”, “Ghar” and “Jeevan.” All these movies were successful but he had played the supporting roles. The credits were given to the heroes and heroines but he was not given credited. He was in the shadow. This made him depressed and was suffering from mental illness.

One day, his wife said, “You are a failure. You didn’t achieve stardom. In your life time, you have only one award. More than that, nobody knows you. Who is Bishal Adhikari? Nobody knows Bishal Adhikari. Who am I? Nobody knows me. You kept us in a private manner. I wanted to be known as a celebrity’s wife but I am known as failure’s wife.

Although, your films are doing well, you are not doing well. In addition to this, you are mentally ill. So, I and my daughter are leaving you.” And they abandoned him.

After being abandoned by his family members, he was more depressed. He never came back to the film industry. He had never discussed about his family as he wanted them to be lived as a normal people.

As it was destined to be Bishal’s golden days were numbered, the actor failed to strike a balance in his professional and personal life and his relationship with his wife turned sour.
III
“Bishal Adhikari is no more.” This news has been spread as a viral in the media. Everywhere this news was published and broadcasted. People who didn’t know Bishal Adhikari started goggling about him. One of the televisions broadcasted the interview of Bishal Adhikari’s daughter. “We are searching him. We know he is not death. Yes, he was suffering from mental illness and we were treating him in the hospital. But we don’t know where he is now. We haven’t seen him more than four months. We are searching him privately.”

After this interview, media stopped giving information about him. Media stopped paying attention towards him. More than that, his family didn’t bother about him that much and didn’t search him as he was suffering from mental illness.

After ten years….
It has been years, till he is missing and nobody knows where he is. Nobody knows whether he is alive or death. Media and film industry has not done anything to know about him.

Comments

Popular Posts