FRUSTRATION



It has been more than a year; she was in search of job, but she wasn’t getting a job. Although, she was talented, she wasn’t getting the job. She was depressed and frustrated. It has been more than a year; she was in search of job.  More than that, she used to feel feed up by the lecture of her father.

“You are doing nothing. You have completed your Master’s Degree in Journalism but still you are still doing nothing. Why are you sitting at home? Instead of sitting, do something. You are useless and doing nothing. You don’t have any skills to do.” Her father said rudely.

She remained silent. She was trying a lot for the job but wasn’t getting.  More than that, she was trying for the volunteer and intern too but she didn’t even get that.  She wanted to do something but wasn’t getting an opportunity.

To tell the fact, she didn’t want to pursue the journalism. She wanted to pursue social work but due to less percentage in Immediate Level, she couldn’t. She had got 52% in her Immediate Level and was rejected in many colleges. So, she was forced to study journalism in Bachelor’s Degree. Later, after completing her completing her Bachelor’s Degree, she wanted to study MSW but couldn’t because of the late result and pursued journalism.

After completing her Master’s Degree, she wanted to study MSW but her father didn’t allow her as she had completed her Master’s Degree already and wanted her to do something in the field of journalism but she wasn’t interested.

She couldn’t express her thoughts to her parents. More than that, most of the time, she was given lecture that she didn’t know anything. This made her as a failure. She couldn’t convince her parents, she was interested in social work and literature. She was fond of books but was interested in serving people.

It was Friday, the time showed 7:00 am. Her mother called her but she didn’t respond. When she didn’t respond, she went in her room and was shocked and shouted, “Jyoti.” And Jyoti’s father came and he too was shocked. Jyoti had hanged herself in the fan. On the bed, there was the suicide note which mentioned:
Dear Pa/Mom,
                             I am sorry for taking my own life but I was really frustrated. For almost one and half year, I was jobless.  To tell the fact, I was not upset by being jobless but I was upset with your comments, dad. You used to say I didn’t do this and that. I used to think that I became a failure with your comments. I tried a lot to do something but couldn’t succeed.
I know that I didn’t have skills but it doesn’t mean that I don’t know anything and deserve a good job. Every person has a fault. Everyone is not born as a skilled person. It doesn’t mean that you should discourage your child. Instead of encouraging me, you scolded me thousands of time. It really hurt me.

To tell you the fact, I was never interested in studying journalism and was interested in studying social work. But it was not my luck to social work. After completing Master’s Degree, I wanted to study MSW but you didn’t allow me. I felt upset. You could have spoken with me in a proper manner but you didn’t. I was really depressed and frustrated so I am taking my life.
                                                                                                                                    Your unskilled daughter
                                                                                                                      Jyoti
After reading this letter, he felt guilty for not understanding his daughter. This guilty will remain forever and won’t be forgiven. More than that, if Jyoti once had convinced his daughter, there could be changed in her life.F

Comments

Popular Posts