TRAVEL MEMORIES II


It was April 6, 2018. The day was Friday. On this day, I with my mother and dad's friend (I call him mama) landed on the beautiful country Thailand. I was excited as I had never travelled outside my homeland Nepal. So, this was an opportunity to learn about Thailand.

Image result for thailand bangkok

The flight from Kathmandu to Thailand is almost 3 hours if we go directly. We reached Thailand around 3:50 pm. The flight was 12:00 pm and the airline was Nepal Airlines. When we reached the airport in Thailand, my dad was waiting for us. After formalities, we took a taxi and reached the place where dad was staying.
Image result for thailand bangkok

My dad is a TESOL teacher. He travels to Thailand every year as the TESOL main branch is on Thailand and he teaches there every year. So, in the month of April, he had 10 days holiday of the festival named 'Songkran' which is similar to Nepal festival 'Holi.' 

We were tired on this day so we took a rest. Thailand is a hot place but on this day, there was rainfall. Although this day, there was rainfall, the weather still was hot. At the evening time, we went nearby hotel. The food was much similar to Nepal. We ate rice with dal and vegetables.The most amazing part was that they used to cook vegetables quickly. They didn't take time as we do in Nepal.

On April 7, we visited different shopping malls and did shopping. We visited shopping malls as well visited father's Nepali friend. They were humble and were fun to meet them.

Image result for shopping mall bangkok

On April 8, we visited Chat tu Chak Market. This market is open only on Saturday and Sunday. This market looked similar to Nepal's Bhrikuti Mandap and Nepal's Hong Kong Bazaar. There were lots of shops which I loved. The interesting part was there was a park inside the market. The park was such a beauty that I wanted to stay the whole day.

Image result for chat tu chak market

After Chatu Chak Market, we travelled to one of the popular cities named Pattaya City. My father knew one of the Nepalese in Pattaya City which made us easier to visit the city.
Image result for PATTAYA CITY

At the first day in the city, we went to the beach and travelled on the ship. The water and ship made me feel happy. When I played with water, I was lost in the world. When I reached the beach, I failed with the water. More than water, I made my footprint in the sand.

Image result for PATTAYA CITY

After Pattaya City, we visited Emerald Buddha Temple. There were lots of statue of Buddha which were bigger in the size. I was amazed to see such statue as in Nepal, there was no such big statue of Buddha. I wished Nepal had such a big statue.

Image result for Emerald buddha

On the same day, in the evening, we went to see the water festival 'Songkran.' People came in the street and used to play 'Songkran.' They preferred playing with water in a decent manner. Due to the festival, there was no place to walk. I loved the festival as well as looking at the people playing in the festival.
Image result for songkran

During those ten days, I loved the place. I enjoyed the place. The best part was the food. The food was much cheaper than in Nepal. Moreover, they only used their own production. The rice was better and was easily available. In addition to that, I love guava. They were big in size which was enough for the whole day.

After we returned back to Nepal, I felt bad for a few days. I had good memories as well as good experiences.

Comments

Popular Posts