MY LOST LOVE


I
I was in Bir Hospital. It was 10:30 am.  My uncle was admitted to the hospital. I was looking at him as beside him, I didn’t have anyone in my life. My parents died when I was a child. I don’t remember their face. My uncle looked after me.

It has been two days; my uncle was admitted to the hospital. My uncle was suffering from stomach pain. When the doctor examined him, the doctor found out that my uncle had a second stage of stomach cancer. The doctor gave medicine for three days and after three days, the doctor shall do the operation.

It has been three days that we were in the hospital. I shall never forget that day. It was around 10:00 am.  I was serving food to my uncle and from the next room that is 306, I heard someone arguing and fighting.

"I am not mad. Get me out of here. Nothing has happened to me. Please, let me go out. I am normal."

The voice stopped. The voice was of a female. Again, I was back to serve my uncle. After serving him food, he slept and I went outside the hospital. After two hours, I returned back to the hospital. My eyes got stuck at room number 306 and I looked here and there. When I didn't see anyone nearby, I entered the room. She was sleeping. Half of the face was covered by her hair. I don't know why I came into this room. I don't know what made me enter this room.  

When I went near to her, she opened her eyes. She looked at me and got up immediately. She then came near to me. In the beginning, I was frightened.

"Please, help me. I want to go out of this hospital. I don't want to stay at this hospital."

She folded her two hands. She then, held my hands which made me more scared. I didn't know what to do. I, then said, "Doctor, Doctor."

When a nurse arrived, she said, "What are you doing here?"

I didn't say anything and left the room. My uncle was still sleeping and I was lost in the room number 306. After this incident, I was curious to know more about the room number 306. There were lots of inquiries in my mind; who is she, why was her condition like this, who brought her in this hospital etc.


When I observed her eyes, her eyes told that she was brought in the hospital. She seemed innocent. More than that, I didn't know why I was thinking too much about her. Every time I was focused on her.

It was the fourth day; I was serving food to my uncle. In the meantime, I heard the sound from room number 306. I rushed to serve the food to my uncle and rushed to the room number 306. The room was untidy. She had thrown whatever was in the room. Nurses were trying to serve her food but she wasn't prepared.  I was observing the scene.  Then, I went near to the nurse and suggested them to go out. I said that I can handle the situation and they left the room. Then, I went near to her and sat on the tool.

"Hi," I said.

She stared at me. I was looking at her and said, "Do you know one thing?"

 She remained silent. After observing me, she said, "What?"

"You know that people who are in this hospital are mad and think other people are also mad. You are not mad. You are a nice person."

She smiled a little bit and said, "How did you know?"

"First, finish this food. After that, I will tell you how did I know?"

She ate her food quickly. After that moment, we talked every day. While talking with her, I knew her name. Her name was Komal Bhandari. I wanted to know about her condition.

After a week, my uncle's operation was done successfully and was discharged. I was worried about Komal so I took her with me. Uncle preferred to back to the village so, I send him to the village.

I was staying near to Maitidevi temple. She came with me. I took permission from the hospital. During those seven days, she was progressing and I fell in love with her.

With the time elapsed, I was able to know one thing about her. She had fallen in love and her boyfriend betrayed her. Not only betrayed her, but he also played with her. When he left, she was in the depression and her family brought her in the hospital as her mental health was getting worse.

II
The whole day, I used to be at school; whereas she used to read the novels which I brought for her. I holiday, I used to take her outside the house and she used to feel happy. When she was happy, I too was happy. When she smiled sometimes happens to me.  But there were some neighbours who used to do bitching about us but I never bother about it. What should I bother about the world? Why should I let them know about our relationship? They will give different names to our relationship.

Although I knew about her past relationship, I didn’t know anything about her. After falling in love with her, I didn't bother to know about her past. In the beginning, I wanted her to be at her home but now I don't want to leave her. I wanted to spend my life with her.

One day, when we were having dinner, I said, "Where do you live? DO you have any siblings? Where do your family stay? Why did your boyfriend leave?"

When I asked those questions, she made her face. She got mad. She threw her food. Not only food, but she also threw whatever was in the house. I got up and gave her medicine. After medicine, she slept. I didn't prefer asking about her past but I didn't know this reaction could come. I was scared because if she could come in the previous condition.

When she slept, lots of questions started playing in my mind. I couldn't sleep for the whole night.

"Hemji, get up. It's already 7:30 am. Hemji."

"Hm," I said. And I got up. I saw Komal in front of me. She brought a cup of tea. I didn't know at what time I slept.  When I saw her with a cup of tea, I was amazed. She seemed normal today.

“You woke up late today. You used to sleep on time and get up at the time but today what happened today.

I didn’t say anything and drank a cup of tea. I started thinking about her. I thought she was recovered totally but she hadn’t recovered totally. Still, I believed that she will be fine.

It has been three months; she had been living with me. With my attention and love, her health was improving but sometimes her health used to get up and down.

III
It was already 6:00 pm.  I reached home. The door was opened. I was shocked to see the door open. I entered the room and looked here and there.  I didn't see Komal and called her. There was no response. Meanwhile, I thought she had gone to market but for two hours, she didn't return. When she didn't return, I got panic and got out of the room. I started asking the neighbours but they didn't know anything about her.

The next day, I took leave from school. I again started searching for her. I searched for her at the bus station and airport but didn't find her. I didn't find her for many days.  Why did she leave me?

When I didn't find her, I have doubt on my heart whether she was alive or not so, I went to the hospital which was useless.

It had been a month; I was still in search of her. In my life, for the first time, I had loved someone. In my life, I didn't get the love of women; neither of mother nor sisters but when Komal came in my life, I knew the meaning of love.

My eyes were filled with tears. Komal left me. My life was changed after meeting her. I knew the meaning of love but now she has gone and I am waiting for her. When shall she come into my life again? I have only the memories of hers.




Comments

Popular Posts