TRAVEL MEMORIES I


“Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts; it even breaks your heart. But it’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.”
                                                                                   -Anthony Bourdain

The year 2018, I marked this year as travel year. I have travelled a lot in the year 2018. I began travelling with the visit from Nepal. I travelled ten districts which were Ramchhap, Sindhuli, Sindhupalchowk, Okhaldhunga, Solukhumbu, Dolakha, Rasuwa, Dhading and Kavrepalchowk. One district I forgot right now. The travel was in one go. My office provided me such an opportunity to travel ten districts with the team under the project named “Disaster Preparedness.”

Image result for ramechhap
Image of Ramechhap 

Image result for dolakha
Image of Dolakha 

Image result for rasuwa
Image of Rasuwa 

While I was in those districts, I was able to interact with the people. I was able to know about the people and their lifestyle lone with the districts. The people living there were friendly, warm and innocent. With the help of them, I got the knowledge of the place as well as food.

Besides that, among 10 districts, I loved the place Solukhumbu. Although the place is cold, it’s one of the places to be visited. The weather was too cold till 12:00 pm. Then, I saw sun and I could feel the hotness but only for the short period of time. When I got up and went out from the lodge, the weather was freezing. My jackets didn’t work out. My heart too was freezing.

The best part of the place was the food. As I am very fond of potato, the people living there made every food of potato. Their specialty was potato. I loved the potato. Moreover, I loved the tea. The tea was made of water, ghee and especial wheat which made the body warm.

Another best part of the place was the place itself. When I got up in the morning, I was able to see the view of mountains which made my day and for the moment I forgot that the weather was freezing.
Image result for solukhumbu
Image of Solukhumbu

Other nine districts were also beautiful but for me, Solukhumbu was one of the beautiful places. Solukhumbu has special place for me and I have a good memory. As I have a good memory of other places are not the same. This place changed my mind that Nepal isn’t developing country but it’s developed country; in a sense that Nepal has a beautiful places, culture and food.

Comments

Popular Posts