MEMORY VIII



It was 2059 B.S., I again shifted to another school named Unique Boarding High School (now named as Opal School) located at Siphal, Kathmandu. In this school, my father was the director. I had fear while studying in this school because my father was the director at the school and if someone complains about me. More than complaining, I was weak in the study so if any teacher complains, I had fear that he could make me read whole night.

 As I have mentioned earlier, I was never good at my studies especially on Math’s and Science. When I was in class eight, my mathematics teacher who was the principal of the school, scolded me very badly. He never taught in a good way. I didn’t like him as a teacher. He told me to correction of the mistakes which I did. Even I did the correction but again there were bundles of mistakes. He scolded me very badly that if I again did the same mistakes, he will tell my brother that I was not concentrating on the class and my performance is bad. He shall not keep the student like me. My brother and he were like a friend. They knew each other. When he said those words in front of the class, I was embarrassed. Not only embarrass but felt like I was insulted.

After he went, I told my friend that I did the correction but I couldn’t solve the problems I tried a lot to do but couldn’t. It doesn’t he should scold me like that. She felt bad for me and said that if I had done correction, why I didn’t speak on it. I was already so scared of him.

Later, the principal complained to my dad and my dad focused me on the mathematics and science. My elder used to look after mathematics. But what made me angry is that they used to sleep early but I was not allowed. I really don’t want to study at that time. I felt why me. It was like the movie “Tare Zameen Par’’ boy which never wanted to study. Mine was the similar case. I was more concentrated on the outside the world rather than the books.

Comments

Popular Posts