FEAR OF DANCE [MEMORY IX]


Dance, when I was a kid, me and my sister used to dance when we were in Dhankuta. But when I came to Kathmandu, I stopped dancing and forgot how to dance. When I was in class six, I took the dance class but my sir threw me out of the dance because I didn't know how to dance. Thousands of times, he taught me how to dance, I couldn't. Many times, same steps have to be repeated. This made him angry and threw me out of the dance class. Now, he has become of the famous choreographer of the Nepali film industry.

Not only this, when I was in class eight, my friends threw me out of the dance class. They were about to take participate in school program and they needed one of the girls for the dance. So, they insisted me for the dance. When they said my name, I was scared and nervous but I said yes.

After two days, we started for the rehearsals. It was the worst day for me. One it was extremely raining and I didn't have umbrella with me. Secondly, I was not dancing as my friends were teaching. I had to dance the part of the boy. They(my friends) were teaching me the same steps again and again. They were tired of me. They told me thousands of time  to dance properly and my answer was that can a boy dance properly? They had laughed for a moment but later was seriously towards my dance.

Thirdly, my father called at school because I was already late. He called at school more than three times and I didn't call him back as he had send message to call back. After 6:30 pm,  the rehearsal was over. My friend and I went in the bus as our home was near but not too much near. When my bus stop came, she gave her umbrella to me and she went in the taxi. When I reached, it was dark. My parents scolded me for not calling them. I couldn't say anything at that moment. After eating my meal, I immediately went in the bathroom and cried for the moment.

The next day, I cancelled my name. They asked me the reason and I said that I really don't know how to dance so I am cancelling my name. But later, I came to know that they cancelled their dance program because the program itself was cancelled due to some reason.

After this, I never danced in my life. I have the fear of dancing not because I was scolded my parents at that time but because I really don't  know how to dance. Whenever people insist me to dance, I don't prefer dancing. I don't know why I prefer dancing. My parents dance a lot whenever they get opportunities. But why I have a fear of dance still I don't know. I run away from dance at the party so that people will not find me for dancing. I really don't know when I will have confident to dance. But I believe that one day, I will dance.

Comments

Popular Posts