MY EXPERIENCE IN POKHARA


                                             I
I had a great opportunity to go to ‘’Pokhara’’ in last week of January with my family for the week. I had never been to Pokhara before. I had not travelled that much outside the Kathmandu. 

The programme for the Pokhara was like an accident. Mom and I, we had never been to Pokhara. So, how this trip became accident was because of mom. Dad was talking in the phone about the visit to Pokhara for the programme called ‘’ENGLISH ACCESS MICROSCHOLARSHIP’’. So, mom proposed dad to take us to Pokhara by jokingly. And he agreed.

We left Kathmandu on 25th January, 2013. Mom and I travelled through the bus with the student of ‘’ENGLISH ACCESS MICROSCHOLARSHIP’’ and dad went through plane on next day. The student had winter camp on Pokhara.

Although, it was great fun to travel with the kid but I didn’t know anyone so there was no possible for two way reaction and communication. By viewing the scenes and by eating, the travel was fun. Moreover, there was dance and singing in the bus which made travel enjoyable. By this way, we reached Pokhara around 5pm.

Students from Gorkha, Birgunj, Kathmandu and Butwal were present in this winter camp. Altogether, there were 160 students participating in this winter camp.

Around 8pm, there was dinner at Mount Kailash. The food was excellent. There were varieties of food which made no complain on the food. After dinner, there was the orientation class for the student. The orientation was given by the national coordinator Shyam Pandey of ‘’ENGLISH ACCESS MICROSCHOLARSHIP’’. He explained what to do and what they are going to do in this winter camp.

My room partner was Anita Devkota. So, after orientation, we returned back to the room and slept.

Next day, we woke up at 7am. After refreshment, we went to Mount Kailash. There was yoga class and it ran upto 8:30am. We reached lately in the yoga class. After yoga, we went for the breakfast but the breakfast was heavy. After breakfast, Anita, me, mom and dad’s two friends went for the outing.

Around 9:15am, we reached Fewa Taal. I really enjoyed the boating. But unfortunately, we couldn’t see whole Fewa Taal. We couldn’t go all around of the Taal. If we did then it could be more adventurous but we couldn’t. We reached upto the temple only.

After Fewa Taal, we went to Davis Fall. According to the sources, one person was taking bath in this fall and he died or lost in this fall after falling in the water. So after his name, it was formed. If somebody goes inside the water, they cannot be found.

After visiting Davis Fall, we went in one of the cave. I really forgot the name of the cave. The cafe was opposite of Davis Fall. When I entered the cave, the cave was dark. Although there was light, it was dark. When I saw the darkness, I thought I will be lost inside the cave. But the most interesting part of the cave was that there was small temple. It looked so beautiful. At first, I was amazed because in the cave, how the temple is made. This small temple made the cave more beautiful.

But when I went there for the second time with students, I found one more interesting thing. In one direction of the cave, there was artificial cow kept. When marble is kept inside the cow, then milk is dropped and our wish is fulfilled.

On Sunday, we family with dad’s friends, we went to Seven Lakes at evening. We reached there around 16:46pm. The lake looked so beautiful at night time that I cannot explain. When the sun gets reflected on the lake it looks so beautiful that everyone starts looking at it only. But when I saw the horses, I wanted to ride it but couldn’t because it was too dark so we retuned back.

But I was not feeling well on this day after I sat on the car. The windows were and there was no possible of air entering inside the car. I felt sophisticated and wanted to do vomit. But on the way, I didn’t do but when i returned hotel, I did vomit many times. Nothing controlled me. Even medicine didn’t handle me. This condition made me feel to return back to Kathmandu.

Due to vomit, I was not able to wake up in the morning. I felt tried and weak. My body was paining and felt sleepy. We went to Fewa Taal again. I didn’t enjoy because of tiredness and weakness.

But in the evening, it was great fun because there was the programme of folk singing. There were guests for singing folk songs. All the students and teachers started dancing which made me too dance. I never dance like that before. Now I started loving dance. Even foreign people too started dancing. Although they didn’t understand the language of folk songs but they start in their own way. They danced so actively and they enjoyed a lot in our folk songs. But the most important part in this entertainment was the dance of Dr. Matrix who was 77 years old. She danced so actively that I was shocked. I was shocked because if there were any Nepalese women who is 77 years old will she able to dance or not?

We visit some places in Pokhara but the places I visited, I loved the places. As a whole I loved the place Pokhara. It is so clean that for a week no one will be dirty. The clothes won’t be as dirty as in Kathmandu. There is no crowd in Pokhara. If we see in Kathmandu, there is crowd and polluted. Pokhara is the place of heaven.

II
The winter camp programme of “ENGLSIH ACCESS MICROSCHOLARSHIP” was very effective to every teacher and students. It teaches how to teach the students and how to motivate the student.

The lecturers were National and International. International lecturer teaching skills are so different from national one. They used chart papers and other materials to teach the students. 

They make the students participate in the learning. They involve the students in the subject matters so the students can grow their confident level and grow their knowledge. They make their students grow their skills. But we Nepalese are backward in teaching skills. We use only books besides that we don’t use anything in the class. We don’t go out of the box.

Before they start the subject, they ask the students what they think about the subject matters. Students and teachers share the knowledge. Teachers take the perception of students. They don’t bother about the answers whether they give right or wrong. There is the interaction between students and teachers which helps students in speaking. These kinds of teaching help students be more creative and help in the skills of writing and presenting.

The most important is that they gave group discussion which helps in the further life. It helps to work in group and team. The students will know how to work in group and in the team. They shall know each other discussions and opinion which helps to give good impact in the result.

After seeing the different presentation, I felt that our teaching skills should be changed. The teachers should use different materials for teaching. They should break the traditional factor and implementation new changes like computer. There should be interaction between teachers and students so that they both can learn from each other. After interaction, both can learn their mistakes and can discussion what to do next. Teachers should make students do different activities so that the confident level will grow and grow their creative skills.



Comments

Popular Posts