FALL IN LOVE WITH SUMMER LOVE

I saw lots of promos of Summer Love by Subin Bhattarai in many newspapers. Besides, many writers did review on this book. But what made me buy and read this book was the review of Richa Bhattarai. She mentioned that the writing style is very similar with Indian writer Chetan Bhagat. Moreover, she mentioned that the novel won’t bore the reader and holds upto the end. So, this made me read the novel as I am the big fan of Chetan Bhagat’s novel.

The story begins in the foreign country. The writer feels very pressure of the study and feels homesick. So, for the refreshment, he goes for the crew travel. But he has to wait for few minutes and he brings coffee and cigarette.  Meanwhile he meets one Nepali guy name Aatit Sharma. At first they had a formal talk but after a while, Aatit Sharma proposes the writer to write his love story. At first, the writer says if the story touches his heart than he will write. After the discussion, Aatit Sharma tells his story. 



Central Department of Environmental Science [CDES], Kirtipur, where Aatit reaches to see his entrance result kept in the notice board. There he sees the name of Saaya Shakya at the top. After seeing the name of her, he feels very curiosity to see her. When he saw her, he fell in love with her. After this, romance between two starts. Slowly and slowly, the romance grooms into love. They had romance for more than two years. After the completion of the college, they get job in different place. Saaya gets the job in foreign country whereas Aatit gets job outside Kathmandu valley.

After they depart for the job what will happen is the mystery. Whether the love will continue or destroy? Will it long last even if they have departed for different parts of the world?

As Richa Bhattarai had said the novel won’t bore the reader, it is really true. It doesn’t bore the reader. It holds upto the end. The language is very simple not that much complex. As simple as the language is, the story is also simple. We don’t need to spend lots of time for thinking. It’s very simple story not that complex. Youth might like it because of its simple story and is targeted to the youth.  The language used in this novel is the language used by today’s youth. After starting, the reader doesn’t want to leave the novel upto the end. Besides, Subin has followed the style of Chetan Bhagat. Overall, it’s the good novel.

According to me, I really enjoy the book and liked the novel.  After completing the novel, what I felt is that why the writer Subin doesn’t writes its second part. The ending made me very curious that what will happen after that incident. The ending is open ending which made a think a lot and had many questions. The ending made me think why the writer didn’t write in different way. If he had made more suspense and mystery than it could be more fun to read.

Even when I completed reading the novel, I felt like I am watching film. The male character Aatit Sharma made me remember of Raj Ballav Koirala, a Nepali film actor and felt he is playing the character.

I even discuss with the writer how I feel about the book and gave comments on the novel. I even told the questions I had in my mind and even told him if he had written in different perspectives. I told him about my perceptive from the idle of the story and if he twist the story. I have told him to write second of the novel. It could be better if he writes the second part.

Overall, the book is good. Must be read once. It doesn’t bore the reader and feels like watching the movie.

Comments

  1. The male character in the novel is not Aanit Sharma but its Aatit Sharma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I didn't know the spelling so wrote wrong spelling. sorry for that. I am extremely sorry for that. I will recorrect it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where can i buy this book in India is there any possibility to buy online?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will ask the writer and let u know whether u can get the book in India or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Samir: the book is not available in India.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want ot get this Novel in Audio Version from the radio program then visit => Download Summer Love (समर लभ) Nepali Novel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts