WRITING A SHORT STORIES


I love writing short stories rather than reading short stories. Most of the people do ask me one question that is how can I write such a beautiful story. It’s because I do read books and observe my surroundings. Books gave me lots of ideas to write short stories. But there are other ways of writing short stories.

1. BRAINSTORMING IDEAS
Before writing stories, I do think what I should write. I create ideas, scenario, characters, settings, theme, twist and turns which make people interesting to read the stories. I think what kind of stories I need to write like whether I should write love stories, suspense stories, family stories etc. After that, I think about settings which include time and place. I think which time I need to go and at which place I need to show. I often use descriptions of landscape, scenery, buildings, seasons or whether to provide a strong sense of settings.

When I create characters, I think who the characters like main and supporting characters are and who can take part in the action.

2. CREATING THE DRAFT
After brainstorming the ideas, I create the draft.  While writing a draft, I make a plot outline. In a plot outline, it includes exposition, an inciting incident, rising action, a climax, falling action, and a resolution.

While writing the stories, one should write important background information within a story. I tried to do that but sometimes I fail to do. But it is very important. More than that, I like to engage the readers. If it doesn’t engage, nobody reads the story. Even I don’t read the novels or other writing until it engages me.

I love dialogue rather than narration. The narration doesn’t drag me to read the novels. So, I prefer writing dialogue rather than narrative. If I don’t write dialogues, it bores the readers.
On the other hand, details are very important in the stories. How characters are, settings and themes should be explained. 

3. FINALIZING THE DRAFT
After the first draft, I finalize the draft. I do edit the stories. If I don’t edit, there might be errors and sometimes I want to change the thoughts so I edit the stories. Moreover, I might miss the important parts. So, I need to finalize the draft. Furthermore, the advantage is that I can change the languages and edit the grammar.

4. THINKING OF THE HEADLINE
Writing the headline is the most difficult one. I find hard. While writing the short stories, I read twice and think about the headline. That helps me a lot. I think of the headline so that the readers can read short stories.

5. ASKING FOR THE FEEDBACK
I ask for the feedback with the friends so that I can know my mistakes and know where I can change in the stories. I can know the point of view from others too.



Comments

Popular Posts