LOVE JUST HAPPENS



She was taken to the hospital as she was dying of the cancer and it was the last stage. He was looking at her from the small window of the hospital door. He couldn’t see her like that and couldn’t handle himself so, he went outside.

It was already dark. It was already 11:30 pm. He felt asleep slowly and slowly.

Two Years Ago...................

He was walking and he saw her trying to take out the suitcase from the taxi but she couldn’t do it. H went near to her and said, ‘’Can I help to carry the suitcase upto your home, if you don’t mind?’’ ‘’No thanks. I will manage.’’ She said.

When she took her suitcase from the taxi, the handle of suitable broke out. Then she turned over and saw him standing to the bus stop and he was watching her. She showed the handle and smiled and he also smiled. Than after he came to help her. When they reached home, he said,’’What a lovely home. I really liked it.’’ ‘’Thank you, Mr.....’’
 
‘’Aakash. Hi, I am Aakash. ‘’
‘’Me, Tara. Have a sit. Will you like to have cup of coffee.’’
‘’Sure.’’

They started talking, having cup of coffee. She said,’’ Oh, then you are painter. What kind of painting do you paint?’’

‘’After few months, I am conducting my painting exhibition, you will see what kind of painting I do.’’
Than both of laughed.

And he left the house and before leaving he said, ‘’ Call me tomorrow to help you to keep the things in the house.’’ ‘’Ok.’’ And he left.

The next day, he came and helped her to place the things in the right thing. While taking out the things from suitcase, Aakash saw photo of one girl and asked Tara,’’ Whose photo is this?’’

’It’s the photo of my daughter. Isn’t she pretty? She lives with her papa. I had divorced with him long time. When she was born he thought I cannot handle and give proper culture to the child so he left me.’’

‘’Oh, I am really sorry. I shouldn’t have asked you.’’
‘’Its ok, Aakash. I am fine now. ‘’

They completed the work and looked around. Meanwhile, Aakash said,’’ One thing is missing here.’’
‘’What?’’
‘’Your beautiful painting picture.’’

Then she smiled and said, ‘Will you make it.’’

He was very excited and said, ‘’ Now I will bring and make. My home is near.’’ And he went from there and he ran very fast and took the materials and returned to Tara’s house. But she was outside and said, ‘’Sorry not today. I had a call for my work and I have to go. I am really sorry. You can make later.’’ Than she went.

Slowly and slowly, they began very good friends. They used to share everything. He used to meet her everyday and used to give her his painting and she used to hang in her room wall. They used to give compliments about their works and they used to enjoy each other company.

It was July 6 and it was great day for Aakash because there was the painting exhibition and he had invited Tara in his exhibition. Although he was talking with the people but he was just waiting for Tara to come. Finally she came and he was very glad to see her.

’Please come. I was just waiting for you.’’
‘’Sorry, I was late for it.’’
‘’No need to say sorry. Come and see my painting.’’

And she introduced Tara with his guest and especially his mother. Then they started looking at painting exhibition. After looking at the painting, Tara said, ‘’You were very interested to make my painting. Can you make it tomorrow? I am free tomorrow.’’

He was very excited and said, ‘It’s glad to make your painting. Tomorrow come in my house.’’

The next day, she came by wearing beautiful sari. She was feeling awkward. He was just looking at her and couldn’t stop looking at her. But Tara interpreted him and asked,’’ Where do I need to sit?’’ And he told to sit in the tool straight to him. And he started painting her.

He was shocked after completed the picture. And said, ‘’Vow. I loved it.’’ And Tara was much curious to see and said, “Let me see.’’ Even she was shocked to see her painting. She even liked it.

After few days, there was a knock in Aakash’s home and his went to open the door. When she opened the door, it was Tara. Both greeted each other and mom called Aakash.

He was about to go to his relative wedding with his mom and his mom said,’’Are you going or not?’’ He said,’’No mom. Feeling bore to go. Tell them I am busy.’’ His mother didn’t say anything and went alone.
‘’Come and have a sit. What do you want to have?’’
‘’Nothing. I came here because today my daughter is coming for the dinner. So I wanted you to join with us. Will you join with us? I am going to meet her after a long time.’’
‘’Ok. I will surely join. You don’t have to worry about it.’’

Aakash went and he saw the room. She decorated the room and there was wine and she prepared lots of things. There was lots of excitement in the face of Tara because of her daughter.

Aakash and Tara were chatting while there was ring on telephone. It was the phone of Tara’s daughter.

’Hello, Mom. Sorry I cannot come today because I had lots of work to do and I had to go with my father.’’

Meanwhile, her husband took the phone and said,’’ Stop talking with my daughter and stop meeting with her. You are really mad, woman. Please leave us alone.’’

Tara started crying. And started saying, ‘’Why do they hate me, I really don’t know. He thinks I am mad. I really don’t know. What did I do? We had differences in thoughts and opinion. What he likes, I didn’t like that, what I like, he didn’t like. And we used to quarrel a lot; especially I used to quarrel a lot. He used to tell me that I should adjust in his environment but I couldn’t. I had my own freedom. So, he left me. So, I became alone and I started drinking a lot in the desperation.’’

She started crying and Aakash hugged her and controlled her and console him. Don’t worry; everything will be fine one day. You are nice. Don’t feel like that.’’

After few weeks.............
Aakash’s head was on his mother’s lap and he was reading the book. She was looking at her son and she started saying, ‘’All of your friends got married. Now you are left. You have already crossed your age for the marriage. When are you supposed to get married? I need my daughter-in-law.’’
‘’I have already got my life partner.’’
‘’Who?’’
‘’You know her.’’
‘’Who?’’
‘’Guess. She usually comes here to meet me.’’
‘’Tara. ‘’
‘’Yes, mom. Tara. I fell in love with Tara. I just love her.’’
‘’Are you blind? She is older than you. She is already married and had daughter. How can you fall in love with her? Didn’t you see any girl of your own age? I cannot agree her as my daughter-in- law. Never.''

While trying to conceive his mother, both mom and Aakash saw Tara and there were tears in her eyes. She couldn’t say anything and she left the house. Aakash followed her till her house.

"Look Tara,’’ than she interpreted.
"Whatever your mom says is right, Aakash. You are young and can get any girls of your age. How can you fall in love with me? I see you as my good friend only. Not more than that. How can marry you? I am really shocked?’’ And she sat on the sofa.

"Love just happens. In love, age is not seen. I just fall in love with you. In love, it is not necessary that it should be both sides. It doesn’t mean that very love should be successful but love means to sacrifice and to live within it. " ‘
"Slowly and slowly, I began to like you. Whenever I met you, I felt happy and feel relax. When I used to meet you, I used to feel that life is beautiful. Whenever you used to talk, I only wanted to listen to you. I can do anything for you. I don’t accept you to fall in love with me and cannot force you but I am happy today because you knew my feeling. But I am sad too because my feelings really hurt you.’’

Tara didn’t say anything for a while and there was silence for the moment. But after few minutes, Tara said,"Please leave me alone now. Now I cannot say anything for this situation but please leave me alone for the moments.’’

When he was about to leave, Tara was about to be unconscious and she could not see anything. She called Aakash and felt in the ground. And Aakash turned back.

Thereafter, he took her in the hospital.

It was morning time, and nurse called him to see Tara because she had no time. He went inside and Tara said, ‘’Aakash, you can do anything for me right.’’ He was crying and nodded his head and she continued, “Please don’t cry when I die. And get married of your own age. You knew you are very nice person. Since you became my friend, you made me happy and made me forget all my pain. In this short period of time, I was very happy and forgot I was suffering from cancer. I didn’t tell about this because I thought why to tell? One thing, the painting of mine made by you was very nice. I really liked it. And I shall never forget the meeting. Remember my suitcase handle was broken [and she smiles]. And sometimes call my daughter too. And continue your painting.” And she dies there. Aakash just nodded whenever she spoke. He cried a lot.

He couldn’t forget her. He has kept her photo in his home and he used to talk with that photo. Every day before going to bed, he looks at the stars and tears used to fall down and used to talk with stars.
(Inspiration from the movie called Dil Chahta Hai) 




















Comments

Popular Posts