THIRTEEN YEARS IN BLOG

It has been thirteen years since I have been writing a blog. How fast time has elapsed. When I look back, it gives me a beautiful smile. With a joke, I started a blog and didn’t expect I could go this long. There is an interesting fact about the blog. I have already mentioned how I started a blog.

In 2010, I was in the final year of my Bachelor's Degree. I was preparing for the final exam but there was Nepal Banda for almost a month.  Furthermore, Facebook was a popular social site and when I was scrolling through Facebook, I saw one of my good friends, sharing the link which was her blog link and I clicked the link. Then, I started reading her blog. I liked her blog and with her influence, I opened my account on the blog and started writing a blog. In the beginning, I was not serious about writing the blog but with time,  I continue writing. My focus was on the story stories but later I started writing on different topics and issues. Furthermore, I started adding different labels. In the beginning, I had only short stories but now I have different labels and categories which are :

  •          Articles
  •          Audio Novel
  •          Blog Anniversary
  •          Book Review  (English Books)
  •          Book Review (Nepali Books)
  •          Classic Movies
  •          English Poems
  •          English Stories
  •          Foods
  •         Gender and Society
  •          Hindi Movies Reviews
  •          Just a Thought
  •          Long English Stories
  •          Long Nepali Stories
  •          Media
  •          Memories
  •          My Favourites
  •          Nepali Movies Reviews
  •          Nepali Poems
  •          Nepali Stories
  •          Others
  •          Pakistani Telefilms
  •          Photography
  •          Published Articles in Newspapers
  •          Review of Documentary Films
  •          Reviews of Pakistani Serials
  •          South Indian Movies
  •          Travel  
  •   जिन्दगी र माया मेरो नजरबाट  
  •     मेरो कथा 
  •      मेरो जिन्दगी 
  •     मेरो विचार 
  •     सम्झना 

     To be honest, at one time, I wanted to stop writing. I felt I have written too much and thought there could be repetition in the blog. I was like feeling bored and I shared this with my few friends that I wanted to close the blog but they suggested not to close and not to stop writing. It will help me to grow. So, at the request of my friends, I didn’t close or deleted the blog. Although I haven’t deactivated the blog, I do write less. I started going for quality. In the beginning, I used to post plenty of write-ups and stories. Later, I deleted most of the posts because they weren’t good enough for me. As a reader, I didn’t like it. So, nowadays I do write less but effectively on. I do not rush to post on the blog. Furthermore, I didn’t have good writing but the blog helped to some extent. When I see my few early posts, I had a bad writing style but with good feedback and comments that have been improvised. I am grateful who had truly given feedback and comments. That means a lot. I will not write too much but I don’t stop writing.

Comments

Popular Posts