A DIFFERENT LOVE STORY


I
July 6, 2018
Friday
1:30 PM
Bhrikutti Mandap Exhibition
There was a book launch of Ameet Shrestha. There were only a few audiences. Not only that, there were only a few media. Ameet Shrestha was not that much popular writer. It was his third novel which was named as “A Different Love Story.” His two novels “Not My Love,” and “You Are not Mine” were not that successful. This time it took him more than the six months to write the third novel.

The audience was waiting for him. The time showed 2:00 pm. Then, a tall guy with a casual get-up came in front of the table. He had long hair. He had a sun glass of ray ban. He looked like a Bollywood hero.

A girl who was at the back seat was looking at him.  Although she was a bookworm, she hadn't heard his name nor read his book before. When she saw him, she fell in love with him. She found him cool.

The host of the programme was Sameera Adhikari. After welcoming the audience, she said, " So, Ameetji, can you please tell us about the book."

Ameetji greeted everyone and said, "I tried to write the book differently. Both of my previous novels were romantic novels. Those novels weren't that much success as I accepted. In the beginning, I was depressed because of the failure of my books. Later,  I started to do research that why my novels weren't the success. So, I thought I should write differently. This novel is not fully romantic but thriller and suspense."

Sameera Adhikari was questioning Ameet about the novel; whereas the young girl was listening and focusing towards Ameet. His voice made her listen to him which was charming for her.

Meanwhile, Sameera said, "Now, it's the interaction between the audience and the writer. So, we will collect a few questions as we are running out of the time."

The girl raised her hand and the mike was passed towards her.

"Hi. My name is Priya Sharma. My question is that what made you the writer?"

"I am used to read lots of books from classic to modern. When I used to read books, I felt that I too can write novels. Since childhood, I was fond of writing. I used to win the competition in the writing and my teachers used to encourage me to write. Furthermore, the most important that requires is the motivation and encouragement.

After the interaction, the launch programme was over. The writer Ameet was on the table for the signature. Priya got the autograph of Ameet and said, "Can I get your email address so that I can give you my feedback."

"Sure." With the autograph, he gave his mailing address.

II
Dear Ameetji,
Hi, I am Priya Sharma. I hope everything is fine with you.

I finished reading your novel "A Different Love Story." In the beginning, I thought it was a love story as the title seemed so. After reading, the novel was really different.

i found the novel different in terms of writing and content.  Before your novel, I had different taste of reading books but I became your admirer. I was glad to read your book.

Hoping for your new book. All the best for your book. Best wishes.
Thanking You,
Priya Sharma

There was a smile in the face of Ameet. After becoming a writer, he never got an email before. This email was special for him so, he responded to her.
Dear Priyaji,
Thank You very much for your email and wishes. Your wishes are important to me. I am acknowledged with your feedback and comments which are important for me.

Once again, thank you for your compliment.

Regards,
Ameet Shrestha

Luckily, his third novel became a best seller within a month. He was everywhere: in newspapers, television, FMs, online, Facebook and more. For the first time, he felt he had won the world. After his success in the book, many of the people started sending him a friend request on Facebook.


III
Priya and Ameet were in touch with each other through emails and Facebook. So, they had made a plan to meet on Saturday at Universal Cafe, Sukedhara.

"Hey, sorry for being late," Ameet said.

"That's fine," Priya said.

She had already ordered two cups of milk coffee which arrived after a few minutes.

"So, what are you writing next?" Priya said.

"I am planning to write suspense story again."

"Why don't you write the story about the college which is about the youth? Why don't you do research or you can write about your love story?"

Although he liked the idea, he is hiding his problem with Priya. He, then said, "I love the idea but my love story?"

"Yes, your love story. It will be interesting."

"But............"

"But what? Try it. You will be successful."

"I don't have the love story."

"What?" She was shocked and she kept her a cup of coffee on the table.

"I don't trust you. You are a good looking guy. You might have a love story."

"Trust me; I don't have a love story.”

She observed him and he was lost in the world.


IV
October 2015
Kathmandu
9:30 am.

There was Naka Bandhi in Nepal. Transportation was not easily available. Moreover, it was raining. At the bus station of New Baneswor, Anjali was waiting for transportation. Meanwhile, a bike came near to her. Ameet took out his helmet and said, “Hello. Can I help you?”

She felt awkward. She looked here and there. When she didn’t see any vehicles, she agreed t go with him.
“Where should I drop you?”

“Lalitpur.”

They both were silent. After half an hour, they reached Lalitpur. There was the signboard of the insurance of MetLife. After she was dropped from the bike, she thanked him.

The next day, at the same time, Ameet came at the same place. This continued for many days. She too waited for him. It had been a habit for both of them.

November 2015
New Baneshwor
Saturday
3:35 PM

Ameet and Anjali were at the café. During one month, they were able to go to each other but not that much. This was their first date of both of them. They both felt shy and were looking at each other. When they looked at each other, they smiled.

Breaking the silence, Ameet said, “You look nice today.”

“Thank You. You too look nice today.”

Again, there was silence in the cafe. Meanwhile, the waiter came for their order.

“I want to drink a cup of milk tea. What do you want to have Anjali?”

“A cup of milk coffee and one plate stream chicken mo: mo."

After this meeting, they started meeting frequently. They were in love with each other.

His mobile ring distracted him. He saw the name on the screen. The phone was of Priya. When he was to about to pick up the phone, the phone was disconnected and he called back.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey.  Listen I want to meet you today. Is it possible to meet?"

"Sure but where?"

The place where we used to meet."

"Sure. See you soon."

They were at Dillibazar at the teashop where they used to meet often. They ordered tow cup of tea and samosa. After ordering, Ameet said, "Why did you call me?"

"Actually, my parents wanted to settle down. When they were talking about marriage, I told everything about you. They wanted to meet you."

"When?"

"Whenever you are available."

"Honestly, I don't want to want to tell a lie. I too want to marry you but not now. I have not started to work."

She remained silent. She was looking at Ameet. Ameet was nervous and felt that he had said something wrong. When she wasn't speaking, he said, "I am sorry if I said anything wrong? I didn't want to hurt you."

"So, what are you planning to do?" Anjali said with angrily.

"I am planning to be a writer," Ameet said.

Anjali smiled. Ameet felt ashamed by sharing his dreams. He looked here and there. Thank God, nobody was looking at them.

"Why are you smiling? Do you think it's a joke?"

"Yes, it's a bad joke. You have completed your MBA. You will get a nice job. First, earn properly and you can write a book. Why are you so rushing to write a book?"

"Because it's my passion and hobby. More than that, it's my dream. "

"I understand it's your dream but you are not independent. To publish a book, you need a huge amount of money. How will you ask your parents for it? First, search a good job."

She knew Ameet was aggressive. Although Ameet didn't have any fault, he was not focused on a particular one job. He had been changing his jobs frequently. He had worked in hotels, restaurants, schools, newspapers, etc. This made Anjali angry. She knew he wouldn't be able to continue writing too. She knew he had a skill of writing but wasn't sure of his continuous.

After drinking a cup of tea and samosa, he left the place. He felt guilty by sharing his dream. He looked at his notebook in which he had written many stories. He felt nobody will believe him about his writing because of his nature.  He threw his notebook. The whole night, he couldn't sleep.

For a week, there weren't any talks between both Anjali and Ameet.

V
"It has been six months; you are stable at your job. I am so happy."

"Thank You."

He had been working in one of the leading NGOs as a financial officer and was getting handsome money.

"I am sorry."

It's ok. You don't have to be sorry. At that time, the situation was like that." Anjali knew why he was telling sorry.

They drank their hot cup of milk coffee. After drinking a few sips, Anjali said, 'So, what's your plan for marriage?"

"Whenever you are ready, I am too ready."

Anjali was happy and hugged him. She, then, said, "I will talk to my parents today."

He nodded his head.
VI
It was the day for both of them. It was the month of December. It was the wedding day of Ameet and Anjali. The time showed 10:00 am and the time for marriage was 11:00 am. Both of them were getting ready.

Ameet was getting ready and his father said, "Please, hurry up. You are getting late for the marriage. You are taking time."

"You know my nature, dad. You all can go to the party palace. I will drive myself and will come to the mandap. You don't need to worry."

"At least today, don't drive. Let someone drive for you. It's your marriage today."

"Let me drive my car. I love driving myself."

"It's useless to argue with you."

And he left the room. Everyone reached the mandap. Everyone was busy with their work. And suddenly, there was heavy rainfall. It is believed that when there is rainfall in the marriage ceremony, the marriage will be better but nobody knew that their life was supposed to be changed.

Everyone was waiting for Ameet. The time showed 12:00 pm but Ameet wasn't at Party Palace. Ameet's father gave a call at Ameet's phone but the mobile was switched off. Everyone was panicking. Anjali's father came near to Ameet's father and said, "Where is your son?"

He might be in the traffic."

"His phone is switched off. Are you telling the truth or lying?" Anjali's father said in suspicious look.

"Why are you saying like that?"

"He changed his job and might be he doesn't love my daughter. I cannot trust your son but for my daughter, I said yes. If he doesn't arrive, I won't leave your son." And he leaves the place.

Ameet didn't arrive at his marriage ceremony. Whole day, everyone was waiting for Ameet. Ameet’s family were insulted and Anjali’s family with Anjali left the place.

Anjali was in strain. She locked her room and cried a lot. She started remembering those days spend with Ameet. She called Ameet but his phone was still switched off. Negative thoughts played in her mind. She felt guilty by falling in love with him.

VII
The next day, it was already 9:30 am. She was still in the bed and she heard the knock on her door. The knock made her wake up. She opened the door. She saw her best friend Priya Sharma. She entered the room. The room was silent. Priya was the childhood friend of Anjali. Priya knew about Ameet but never got an opportunity to meet him.

Priya broke the silence and said, “Everything will be fine. We all are with you."

"Why did he do this to me?" I loved him so much as well as trusted him blindly. He left me without saying anything. He insulted my love as well as my family." She cried a lot and her friend was consoling Anjali.

The day was passing but she wasn't able to forget him. She tried a lot to commit suicide but failed.


Ameet's family tried to reach Ameet but they had no idea where he was. They complained to the police but they even didn't find him. It has been a month, he was not back.

VIII
After a month.....

Ameet slowly opened his eyes. He looked here and there. He realized that he was in the hospital. He slowly got up. While he was trying to get up, a nurse came and helped him.

"What had happened to me? Who brought me in the hospital?"

"You had an accident. You were brought by one of the unknown people. You are admitted to the hospital and you are in the hospital for the month. Meanwhile, nobody came to meet you. We tried to reach your family but we failed. Can you call your family?"

"Family?" He was shocked.

"Do I have a family?" He added.

A nurse called a doctor and a doctor observed Ameet.

"What has happened to me?"

"You have Amnesia."

'Amnesia?"

"Yes, you may remember your past. You might not remember. There is no sure about your memory."

"What?" He was shocked.
IX
"Ameet, are you alright?" Dr. Smrik said.

"I am alright."

Do you memory anything?"

"No. I don't remember anything. How long does it take to remain my past?"

"Don't worry. You will be alright."

They both started having their lunch. It has been two months, Ameet was staying with Dr. Smrik. Dr. Smrik brought him in his house and was helping him so that Ameet could remember his past. Moreover, Dr. Smrik helped Ameet for the job. He started to work in the medical store. While he was working in the medical store, he wrote his two novels which he failed to impress his audience. When he failed to impress the audience, Dr. Smrik helped Ameet to come out from the failure and encouraged him to write more.

Finally, the third novel was a success. It took him almost four months to write the book. While trying the book, he tried a lot to remember his past but failed. This was killing him and Dr. Smrik consoled him.

On the other hand, when Priya saw about the book launch of Ameet, she showed to Anjali. There were tears in her eyes. When Priya saw the tears in her friend's eyes, she wanted to take revenge. So, she wanted to be close to Ameet.

X
Present Time......

There was a doorbell. Both Dr. Smrik and Ameet were in deep sleep. After many attempts, Dr. Smrik opened the door. He saw Priya. He had never seen her in his life and said, "May I know who are you?"

"Hi. I am Priya Sharma. Can I meet Ameet?"

"Priya?"

"I am his friend."

"Friend?" He was shocked.

"Why are you shocked?"

He called her inside the house. "Please, feel comfortable. Ameet is sleeping. I will wake him soon. What do you prefer to drink?"

"Milk Coffee."

He made two cups of coffee. He sat on the sofa and said, 'So how long do you know Ameet?"

"It has been more than two months that we know each other."

"So, you don't know any information about his past?" He took a sip of coffee.

She remained mute. She knew the past. After a few sips, she said, "No, but why are you asking me such questions?"

"I am a doctor. Ameet has been staying with me for more than eight months."

"So?"

"Honestly, he had an accident. He was admitted to the hospital in the month of December."

"What?" Priya was shocked. In the month of December, he was supposed to get married to Anjali.

After finishing her cup of coffee, she left the place without meeting Ameet. She felt embarrassed. Without knowing the truth, she wanted to take revenge. When she knew the truth, she felt pity for both of them.

XI
"Hello, doctor. May I come in?"

He closed the file and said, "Yes, come in." Dr. Smrik offered Priya to sit. He was amazed to see her. He wasn't accepting her in the hospital.

"Sorry, doctor. I came here without calling you and without an appointment."

"That's fine."

"Actually, last time when we met, I lied to you that I don't know about Ameet.

"What?"

She felt sorry for lying. "I am sorry for lying with you. But when you said he had an accident and was admitted to the hospital. This made me meet you. I want to know about Ameet.

"How did you know him?"

She told everything to him. He felt pity for both of them.

He then said, "He was in the hospital for a month and was unconscious. He cannot remember his past. He is suffering from Amnesia. It takes time to remember the past. Some people quickly remember the past and some do not. I cannot say anything about Ameet but don't pressure him to remember the past.

There were tears in her eyes. She had thought he had betrayed Anjali. After the hospital, she reached Anjali's house and called Ameet's family. When Ameet's parents arrived, he told everything.

When Anjali knew about Ameet, she was curious to meet him. Anjali's father felt guilty for misbehaving with Ameet's father and said, "Sorry, I misbehaved with you and thought your son was a betrayal."

They both hugged each other. The next day, they reached Dr. Smrik's house and met Ameet. Everyone told the story but he didn't remember anything. They told him to their house and thanked Dr. Smrik for everything.



Comments

Popular Posts