LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP


I
“Sonam, why are you not listening to us? Why are you not ready to get married? Rahul is a nice guy. He will make you happy and you will be secured in the future. He is well educated and well settled. He has his own business and earns well. And you are rejecting such a proposal. Why is it so?”

“Have you asked me about my marriage? Why are you looking at the guys' photos?”

“Then, when will you marry?”

She remained silent. She was looking at her parents. They were sitting on the sofa and discussing Sonam’s marriage. Sonam was not feeling relaxed and comfortable. She wasn’t concerned about the money. She was focused on whether a guy loves or not.

“Say something, Sonam.” Her father said insisted to say and wanted to know what’s on her mind.

“I love someone.”

“What?” Her mother said.

“Yes.”

“Who is that? What does he do?”

“Biku Shrestha.”

“What? Biku Shrestha is the same guy who works as a clerk in your father’s office.”

“Yes, I am in love with him.”

“You don’t have any future with him.”

“But I am in love in with him.”

“Be practical, Sanam.”

The environment was silent. Sonam and her mother were looking at each other.

“Sonam, be practical. Love doesn’t work. You should have secured future. When you have kids, you will face tons of obstacles. How will you manage kids’ future if you don’t have financial support? Think about it.”

“I know money is one of the factors in our life but what if the guy is rich but doesn’t love me and give time to me? What if the guy is not rich but loves me and gives time to me?”

“Sonam, don’t be stubborn.”
“I am not stubborn.”
“Please, don’t be crazy.”
“I am not crazy but I love Biku.”

They tried a lot to convince Sonam but they failed. She was stuck on Biku. The next day, Biku and Sonam met at the Himalayan Java Coffee.

“So, why did you call me?” He was rushed to know why she called him.
"Mom was talking about my marriage."
"So, get married."
"I love you Biku."

He was surprised and had no answer.
"What?" He said in a shocking manner.
"Will you marry me?"
"I don't want to marry you. I am just a clerk. You will get a better husband than me."
"But I want you."
"Don't be stubborn."
"I am. Why don't you accept me and my love?"

He was in an aggressive mood. "Please, stop this nonsense. You are not perfect me nor am I. This relationship won't last for long." And he left Himalayan Java Coffee.

II

Sonam was in the hospital. She was given pipelines. She was unconscious. She didn't prefer eating anything and didn't drink too.  After meeting Biku in a coffee cafe, she stopped eating.  Due to this reason, she became unconscious and was taken to the hospital. In rush, Biku came in the room number 256 at Om Nursing Hospital. She was sleeping.

"Sorry, Sonam. Actually, I love you too. I thought we don't match because of my background. Moreover, I was scared of expressing my feelings. I knew that our families won't accept us. But after seeing you in this condition, I felt that your love is true. You loved me more than me. Will you marry me?"

His eyes were filled with tears. Slowly, she opens her eyes and she smiles at Biku and said, "So, when will marry me?" He too smiled.

After a week, they got married. They were happily married. The whole day, she was at home and he used to work. He wanted her to stay at home happily. Although she wanted to work, for the sake of Biku she stayed at home. They were happily living in their own world and one year passed.

It was the 5th of May 2016. It was a special day. 5th May was the birthday of Biku. Sonam was happy. She was waiting for him. He arrived at 6:30 pm. She had made his favourite food. When he entered the home, he said, "What a smell? What did you make?"
"Your favourite food."
"Wow. But what is the occasion?"
"There are two occasions."
"Two occasions?"
"One is that it's your birthday."
She wished him.
"Thank You. And what's the second occasion?"

She kept his hand in her stomach. "Are you serious?"
"Yes." Both smiled and hugged each other.

Every day, Biku brought gifts for the baby. Sonam was surprised to see the gifts and said, "Hey, what are you doing. Why are you buying these kinds of stuff? You need to save the money for the future."

"I want all the happiness to the baby so I brought all the stuff. I will handle about the money. You don't have to worry about the money."

But they didn't know that their life was about to be changed. She was at the home. Bleeding started. In the beginning, she thought she had her period but this continued. She too suffered from fever and other problems. Due to complications, she suffered from a miscarriage.

After a miscarriage, both of their lives changed. Often, Biku blamed Sonam for miscarriage and not taking care of herself.

"Will you stop arguing with me? It was not my fault. Why are you blaming me for the miscarriage?"
"If you had taken care of yourself, then this couldn't have happened?"
"Please, stop it. You are blaming me for everything. Now, you are jobless. You will blame for it too."

He was not in the mood. He, then, said, "Please, stop it and get out from my home."

Her eyes were filled with tears. She left the place without saying a single word. It was night time and there was a heavy rainfall with thunder. However, she managed to reach her home. She was at the main gate. She was waiting for someone to come. Meanwhile, one car came. The window was opened and she saw her mother.

"Mom." She said in a sad manner.
"Sonam." And they both hugged each other.

When they entered the home, Sonam told everything to her mom.

"I told you that he as a nice guy. But what has happened to you, forget it and move ahead. Now, you are with us, everything will be ok." 

III
She started working at the company of her father. Although she started working, she wasn't able to forget Biku. She loved him from bottom of her heart. She loved her from the bottom of her heart. She wanted to forget and forgive him. She wanted to meet but something was stopping her. 

When she was lost in the memory of Biku, somebody knocked on the door of her cabin.
"Come in."

Sophie sat on the chair. After sitting on the chair, she said, " Mam, tomorrow, you have a meeting."
"Ok. At what time?"
"Two pm."

Sonam and Sophie started discussing the meeting. 

The next day, the time was 2:00 pm. Sonam Company was waiting for the meeting. Although Sonam Company was successful, she wanted to make the partner. That's why Smrik Company was joining them.

 At 2:30 pm, Smrik Company staff arrived. Sonam welcomed them. Meanwhile, Aditya said, “Sorry for being late. I am really sorry."
"That's fine."

Then, they started to discuss the company and how they can work together. The meeting went for three hours. After meeting, Aditya said, "It will be great to work with you." They both greeted each other.

Time elapsed. Sonam and Aditya became good friends. Aditya was matured so he used to advise Sonam what needed to for the company. In professional as well as personal matter, he used to advise her. She had told about her husband.

IV
"Sonam."
"Yes, mom."
"What do you think about Aditya?"
"He is a good guy."
"Then, why don't you marry him?"
"Stop it, mom. He is a good friend of mine."
"To marry a guy, you don't need to fall in love. Sometimes, a good friend can be a good husband. Why don't you think about your future, Sonam? "

She remained silent. She started thinking about her future. She was confused. She had loved Biku from the bottom of the heart whereas Aditya had supported her as a good friend. Whenever she needed him, he was with her. Her mother words too stuck on her mind.

On the other hand, Aditya started liking her and wanted to accept her. He wanted to marry her. But he wasn't able to express his feelings because he knew that Sonam loves Biku.

After a week, she had sent the divorce paper to Biku. When Biku saw the divorce paper, he was shocked. He wanted to say sorry and wanted to live a life with her again. He wanted to give a second chance to the life. He wanted to forget the past and move ahead.

It was a fine and pleasant day. She was with Aditya. She came out from office smiling and talking with Aditya. Biku saw her and Sonam too saw her. She was shocked to see her and felt awkward to see him. He came near and said, "Hi. How are you doing? I want to talk to you. Can I?”

Aditya agreed and Sonam went with Biku in one of the cafes. They remained silent. They both felt nervous. Biku was producing an unpleasant impression. It was not like before. Now, the time has changed. Her thoughts changed on Biku. She felt he had lost the charm and impression now.

Finally, Biku broke the silence and said, “I am really sorry. Whatever did was not to be forgiven. But I feel guilty. When you left, I realized your importance. Your absence made me realized your love and care. I want you to come back and fill my emptiness. Now, I have a good job and can make you happy."

"Sorry, Biku. I cannot come back into your life. After leaving your home, I left like you shall come and take me with you. But you didn't. There was hope and was waiting for you. But now I do not accept anything from you. I love someone now. He makes me happy and is ready to accept me. More than a love, he will be a good friend with whom I can share my thoughts. You became my husband but you failed to be my friend.

Please sign the divorce paper and send the paper in my office. I won't be with you anymore Biku.  Bye."

He tried to stop her but couldn't.  Every day he was trying to convince her but he failed and gave up. Finally, he signed the divorce paper. Immediately, after the divorce, she got married to Aditya. On the other hand, Biku was lost in the memories of Sonam. He gave himself punishment by not getting married.




Comments

Popular Posts