DON'T STAY IN THE NAME OF ASSUMPTION


I
Aryan: Hello?

There was no response from Nisha. He again sends her message.

Aryan: Hello. How are you? Why are you not responding to my message? What happened?
Nisha: Why should I message you after the hall incident?
Aryan: What incident?
Nisha: What incident? Did you forget?
Aryan: Oh! For that I am sorry.
Nisha: Sorry?
Aryan: Forget it.
Nisha: Forget it?  You had made me uncomfortable in the hall. You were kissing me all the time. I warned you not to do so. But still, you did so.
 Aryan: I thought you liked me.
Nisha: I liked you? Who said? I liked you as a friend. I went to watch a movie you as a friend.
Aryan: You are friendly that's why I thought you liked me.
Nisha: If a girl talks in friendly with a guy that doesn't mean, she likes a guy. Tell me one thing, if a guy makes your sister uncomfortable, what could be your reaction.
Aryan: Hawa.
Nisha: Hawa, do you think its hawa? What hawa?
Aryan: Stop it. What nonsense are you talking about?
Nisha: Nonsense? Do you think it’s nonsense?
He stopped sending her message. She too stopped sending him a message.

II
It was the year 2014, August. Aryan and Nisha met at the language center.  The English class was for two weeks. For two weeks, they were together. After the class was over, they used to go together as their home was near. Nisha considered him as a good friend. They added each other on Facebook and often used to chat on the social media. From 2014 to 2018, they were friends.

It was the year 2017, December. Aryan messaged Nisha. His grandfather was expired and he needed a friend so she was with him as a friend. They often met.

After the death of Aryan's grandfather, Aryan was insisting to meet him. In the beginning, she didn't prefer meeting him due to her busy schedule. Due to the request of Aryan, she met him at the movie theater. When she met him, she had a negatives vibes. On that day, why she felt negative vibes, she didn't know.

When the movie started, he started kissing her. More than the kiss, he touched her body which she didn't like. She requested him not to do so but he didn't stop. She couldn't handle it and shouted at him and left the movie hall. After the incident, she stopped talking to him.

After three months of the incident, he sent her message and had an argument. She ignored him.

III
After some months, he again sent her message.

Aryan: Hey, what's up? Long-time no see.

Nisha didn't respond to him.

Aryan: Ke saro bahu na diyako?

Still, she didn't respond.

Ayan: Please say something.
Nisha: I don't prefer to speak with you. Cannot you see that? I am getting irritated by you. Goodbye.

She deleted him from social media. Although she deleted him from Facebook, he didn't stop and started to send the message to the mobile. She felt she was tortured.  Finally, she planned to finish the chapter and called him

"Hello," said Nisha.
"Hi."
Let's meet."
"Ok. But where?"
"At Universal Cafe, 6:00 pm."

They met. He wanted to hug her but she didn't allow. They both sat.

"Hey, what's up?"
"Please, I am not liking your tone."
"What do you like the most?"
"Shut up, Aryan. I am not interested to listen to your flirty things. Listen, I considered you as a friend. What's wrong? I called you here so to close the chapter. Stop sending me messages. If you didn't stop sending messages, I am sure I am going to complain to the police."

He was silent for a moment. After a few minutes, he said, "What do you think of yourself? If you didn't like me, then, why did chat and came to meet often?"

"I chatted with you and met you often as a friend. How many times I have told you that I don't have feelings for you?"
"There is a feeling."
"Please, stop it."

There was a silent again. Nisha didn't want to see his face but he was focused on her. She was in the angry mood. He, then, said, "I am sorry."
"What sorry?"
"Don't be stupid. Don't get stuck in one matter. "
"What not to get stuck in the one matter? What do you mean? Whatever you did, it was a sexual harassment. If this had happened to you, your ego would have hurt. Then, how about my ego?"
"Come on, Nisha. Forget it."

She got up. He too got up. "Please, don't make an issue."

She gave a look and slapped him. "Now, how do you feel when you are slapped? Hurt? Anger? Same emotions were with me. If somebody feels uncomfortable, you need to stop immediately. 
If a girl talks friendly, it doesn't mean she is in love and she doesn't need to make uncomfortable. In the name of assumption, do not do everything. Every person doesn't feel comfortable with the sex. Don't stay under the misconception."

She left the cafe and he looked the surrounding. He felt awkward.

Comments

Popular Posts