FRIENDSHIP, LOVE AND PAIN II

I
August 1,2015, Saturday
Aditi was returning back to Nepal from New Delhi. She took out the photo of her family from her bag. Aditi was missing her family in those years. Mostly, she was missing her best friend, Aditya. She needed them the most when she was tortured by Ramesh. At that time, she wanted to call them but she couldn’t.

While she was looking at the photo, there was an announcement of her flight. She, then, went inside the plane and sat on the seat. On the one hand, she was feeling happy and on the other hand, she was feeling nervous. She was happy because she was about to meet her parents after long period of time. She was nervous because what she is going to tell her family and her best friend Aditya.

She was at Tribhuvan International Airport [TIA] at 2:30 pm. Her heart was beating. When she landed on the airport, she felt different. Tears fell down when she landed on the airport. She missed Nepal extremely.

She took the cab. When she was on the cab, she was looking here and there. She found some changes at Nepal. She reached her home Chabhill at 3:20. When she was near to her home, she found changes in the place. There were many houses built. She looked around and started remembering her old days. She had wonderful days in the past spend in her home.

When she reached her home at the first, she couldn’t ring the bell because of the nervousness. She felt that how to face her parents. What could she gonna tell her parents about her vanish life of New Delhi. But finally, she rang the bell. She turned back and was looking at the garden. Meanwhile, the door was open.

“Who is this?”

When she heard the voice of her mother, tears started rolling in her eyes. She was speechless. Both remained silent.

“Mom,” Aditi said and she hugged her mom.

They both hugged each other. Aditi’s mom was just looking at Aditi. Meanwhile, Aditi’s father comes down and says, “Who is there?” And sees his daughter and hugs her. Furthermore, Aditi’s father calls Aditya in their home. When Aditya arrived at Chabhill, Aditi tells everything what has happened in 
New Delhi.

After listening to Aditi, Aditya said, “In such circumstances, why didn’t you let us know? Why didn’t you call us? We were always there for you. Didn’t you remember us?”

There were tears in her eyes. She couldn’t speak for a while. She couldn’t believe herself that how she came out from those circumstances given by Ramesh.  

She, then, said, “I missed you all. In those circumstances, I felt lonely. Each and every moment, I was missing you all. At the beginning, I thought everything is gonna be alright. I was convinced that everything could be alright. When I was pregnant, I thought Ramesh could change but that didn’t happen. I needed you all at that time. Not only this, he used to be jealous of me and Aditya. He used to think that I used to talk with Aditya by hiding and whenever he is not at home.

I couldn’t call you all because I didn’t want everyone to be worried about me. After that incident, I wanted to come back and was searching for an opportunity. Getting job in NGO in Nepal was good opportunity to come back to Nepal.”

Everyone hugged and wiped her tears. “We are with you always. Thank God, you came back,” said Aditi’s mom.

After few days, she started working in NGO called ‘Women International.’ She was coming back to normal life and started smiling and wanted to forget the incident.

II
“It has been a year, she came to Nepal. Why don’t you leave her? You are always with her Don’t you have time for me? You have only time for Aditi. Leave her alone. Don’t get involved too much in her life,” said Shreya.

“Will you just shut up? She is my best friend. You know how she suffered. I cannot leave her like that. She was with me since my childhood. How many times I have told you that I love you, not she. She is my friend. But you are not getting my point. It has been almost a year you are arguing at the same point. Stop it now.”

Both remained silent. Shreya didn’t like the friendship between Aditya and Aditi anymore. She knew that Aditi loves Aditya. Aditi had expressed her feeling towards Aditya when Shreya and Aditya got married. Shreya was feeling jealous and had fear that he could leave her for the sake of Aditi.

She went near to him and said, “You will never understand me, Aditya. You are not the same Aditya to whom I have loved and known. Sometimes, I think that I have lost you.”

And she left the room. On the other hand, Aditya tried to stop her but he couldn’t. He had failed to convince her that Aditi and Aditya were good friends. He has loved Shreya only, only she.

The next day, it was Saturday, 11:30 am, Aditi was making food for herself and her family. Meanwhile, she heard the doorbell. When she opens the door and saw Shreya. She was glad to see her.

“Hey, come in. What a pleasant surprise.”

But Shreya was not in happy mood. She entered inside the house and Aditi followed her.
“Hey, what happened? You seem upset.”
“Why don’t you leave, Aditya?”

Aditi changed her expression. Shreya further said, “You loved him since childhood. Why don’t you leave him? He doesn’t leave you. He loves me only. Since you came for India, he only spends time with you. I know you need him the most but he has a family. He has a wife and a child. Why don’t you leave us and don’t interfere in our life. Please, leave us.”

“There is nothing between us. We are good friends. Yes, I loved him since childhood but I am not in between you two guys. I came Nepal because I was missing my family and my best friend, Aditya. Before I fell in love with him, he was my best friend. If you are having any problem with me, I will leave.”

Still, Shreya was not happy with Aditi’s answer. She was feeling jealous of Aditi. She was scared that she could lose Aditya. She didn’t words and left the place.

III
It was already 9:30 pm. Shreya wasn’t at home. Aditya gave a call to Shreya but she didn’t receive his calls. She was not in the mood to speak with him. On the other hand, he was worried about her.

“What’s going in her mind? She was not like before. Why she is changing and negatively? Why is feeling jealous? Where is she now? Where has she gone? And why is she not picking up the phone?”

He again called her. Now, it was switched off. He was more worried about her. He started searching her everywhere, where possible. He couldn’t find her. He was more worried about her.

He waited for the next day. The next day, there was a call from unknown number. At the second call too, he didn’t pick up the phone. But when the phone rang at the third call, he picked up the call.

“Hello,” said a female voice.
“Hello,” said Aditya. “Can I know who am I speaking?”
“I am speaking from Samara Hospital.”
“Yes, Shreya is in the hospital.”
“Shreya is in the hospital?”
“Yes.”
“What has happened to her?”
“It’s better if you come in the hospital.”

He rushed to the hospital. She was in the room number 256. She was unconscious. He went near to her. There were tears in his eyes. When he was looking at her, nurse came in. When she came in, he got up and said, “What has happened to her?”
“Accident.”
“Accident?”
“Yes, road accident.”

He was shocked and said, “Will she be ok?”
She changed her expression and couldn’t say anything for a moment. He was observing her expressions and said,” Why are you not saying anything? What has happened to her?”

“We are sorry that she has to get help of wheelchair. Sorry to say that she cannot walk.” And she went from the room.

Tears were rolling from his eyes. How did this happen? She cannot walk for the rest of the life. She cannot walk, this was killing him. He guessed that due to jealousy of Shreya, this has happened.

IV
After three days, she came in the conscious. When she came in conscious, she couldn’t move. She again tried to move but couldn’t. Meanwhile, nurse and Aditya came inside the room.

“Aditya, how did I come here?”

He didn’t say anything. She further said, “What has happened to me? I cannot move my legs. What has happened to my legs?”

Both Aditya and nurse remained silent. “Please, speak. Tell me what has happened?”

Aditya explained everything to Shreya. She started weeping. She felt guilt for not returning back in the same day. If she had returned, she couldn’t have faced an accident.

“How this happened, Shreya?”

“I had discussion with Aditi. I was not happy with her answer. I was jealous. I don’t want to see you guys. I was really angry by seeing you guys together. At the same day, when you called me in my mobile, I was not in the mood. I was at friend’s house. When you continuously called me, I switched off the mobile.

Later, when I came out from friend’s house, I didn’t see anywhere and bike came near to me. I had a bike accident.”

He was upset with Shreya for negatively thinking for good relationship between Aditi and Aditya.

V
“I am going to America forever,” said Aditi.
“When?” Aditya said in a different tone.
“Tomorrow at 11:00 pm.”
“Why?” He was not looking at her.
For further study.”
“Ok.”

They remained silent. They were at Zoom Café, Chaabhill, drinking coca cola. They weren’t looking at each other. They both knew the reason for America. She was flying to America because of Shreya’s jealousy.

“How is Shreya?”
“She is doing well. Cannot you go to America and stay with your family. It hasn’t been long you are in Nepal. You need to be with your family. If same thing happens to you again in America, then? I am worried about you, Aditi.”

“You don’t have to be worried about me, Aditya. I can handle. I have to go. My parents are happy for America.”

On the other hand, there was no good relationship between Aditya and SHreya. He didn’t prefer sharing about it to Aditi and his family. Everyday they had argument and discussion. She used to blame Aditya for her condition.

“OK. Good luck for your studies.”
“Thanks. Take care of Shreya.”

Both left Zoom Café.

The next day, she left for America. Before going inside the plane, she turned back if she could see Aditya but there was no Aditya and she entered inside the plane.













Comments

Popular Posts