PINKU'S STORY



I
“Hi,” said Bishesh.
“Hi,” said Pinku.
“Did you like the programme?”
“Not actually.”

She was feeling awkward and he knew that she was feeling awkward. He was observing her. He, then, said, “ Hi. I am Bishesh. I have just completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism. I love reading books, so I regularly visit the book fair.”

She just gave a smile and went from there. She didn’t have the habit of speaking with the strangers.

The next day, again, they met at the Bhrikuti Mandap at the book fair. They were hearing the conversation of Prajwal Parajuli. Sometimes, he used to look at her and sometimes, she used to look at him.

He fell in love with her at the first sight. On the other hand, she was feeling awkward. Not only this, she found him strange. When he was looking at her, his look made her uncomfortable. After the programme ended, he rushed to meet her.

“Hello, Hello,” said Bishesh.

She was about to wear helmet, she turned back. He went near to her and said, “Hey, hi.”

“Hi,’ she said with the fake smile. She didn’t want to speak with the stranger. Although, he had given an  introduction, she didn’t find him impressive.

“Hey, can we have a cup of coffee together?”

She felt surprise as no guys had ever asked her for the coffee date. “No, I have to go somewhere else. I am sorry. Not only that,  I feel uncomfortable with the stranger.”

“Strangers become friends. Friends become good friends and good friends becomes……………” He stopped and she gave him a weird look. He felt nervous. She felt that why was he after her.

“Cannot we be friends? I felt that we have similar choices.”

“Bye.” She said and went from there. He was upset and felt guilty that he couldn’t impress her. He fell in love with her. He didn’t know what made him to fall in love with her.

On the same day, she too started remembering him. She was thinking that what made him to make her his friend. She is boring and not attractive. Not only, he was a good guy, he could make beautiful girlfrends, why her?

“Oh, god. Why am I thinking about him? Am I ………………………..? No, this cannot happen.” And she started reading the book “Nothing Lasts Forever,” of Sidney Sheldon.

After one month, they again met in the book exhibition. She was shocked and surprised why she was meeting this guy. On the other hand, he was happy to see her and went near to her. When he went near to her, she was about to leave and wanted to ignore him but she couldn’t.

“Do you believe in destination?”

She gave a look like what and gave him a smile. She didn’t give a damn care of Bishesh and went ahead to the exhibition. Still, he had hoped that she will fall in the love with him.

“Can we have a cup of coffee?”
“Why are you after me?”
“ Because I love you. I fell in love with you at the first sight.”
“What? How can that be possible? Love at first sight is only found in  movies and books, not in real life.”
“But it happened to me in real life.”
 “So.”

He remained silent and looked at her. She went near to him and said, “OK, fine. I am having a cup of coffee with you. But after this you are not meeting me.”

He smiled and nodded. They went to nearby shop and started having a conversation. “ So, you are a law student.”

“Yes, I am studying at Kathmandu School of Law [KSL]. I am the student of criminal law.”
“That’s why you are observing me.”

She smiled and he was looking at her smile. “You have such a beautiful smile that I have ever seen. You have such a smile that it shows that you have faced every problem, to crush every fear and to hide every pain. Many people may not know that you have many problems in your life, but your lips don’t know that. They always smile. Not only this, I fell in love with your smile.”

“Please, don’t flirt. By the way, these things can be found on the internet. Did you find those in internet?”

Meanwhile, coffee came. They started drinking their coffee. When he was drinking a cup of coffee. She looked at him and smiled. She started liking him. He seemed a nice guy, she thought. While drinking coffee, they were having a normal conversation.

Now, coffee was over and he felt that the coffee shouldn’t have been finished. He gave a sad face and she smiled. When she saw is sadness face, she gave her phone number and he was happy. Not only happy, he was excited that it seemed he was excited after a long period of time.

After this coffee conversation, they started meeting and both fell in love. As other people, they were in love and used to date, but their love story was not like others. Both were different. Although, both were bookaholic, Pinku was more bookaholic. Besides books, she didn’t care that much about others. On the other hand, Bishesh was the guy who loved books, to travel and to explore the world. He wanted to spend most of the time with Pinku but she was the one who loved the books and don’t prefer travelling until it is needed.

One day, they both were in Nagarkot. Both were sitting in the tower and were watching sunset.He was talking with her but she was reading the book. He was fed up with her and he said, “Pinku, cannot you be out of books? When I am with you, at least enjoy with me. Enjoy your life, You are so boring. “

“Shut up. Let me finish the book and then we can have a talk. I am about to finish.”

Meanwhile, he took the book and she was angry. She, then, said, “ Please, give my  book back.”
He looked at her and said, “ One day, I will leave you because of your boring and bookaholic character.”

“Then, leave me. Who’s stopping you?”

She took the book back. And  started reading a book. He started looking at the sunset.

II
She was continually ringing to Bishesh but he was not attending her phone calls. It has been almost three weeks, they weren’t in touch. He didn’t reply her messages and not responding to her phone calls. He even visited his house, but he was not available there.

She was loosing her temper and went to have a cup of coffee at Himalayan Java Coffee at Thamel. While she was having a cup of coffee, she saw Bishesh with a girl. She was shocked to see him with a girl. Thousand of questions came into her mind. Both were smiling and laughing.

She, then, went near to him. He was astonished to see her. He felt nervous and said, “Pinku, Hi.”
She was furious  but didn’t show it to him. “Can I sit here? “said Pinku.

He looked at Riya and was confused.

“Who is she?” said Riya.
“I am his girlfriend,” said Pinku.
“What?”  Riya got up. She was shocked.
“Why are you shocked?” Pinku said.
“Please, sit down, Riya.” Bishesh said with nervousness. He looked around. He didn’t want to create a scene. He convinced them to sit down. Three of them remained and were looking at each other’s face.

“Will you explain what’s going on?” said Riya.
“Riya, this is Pinku.”
“So?” said Riya.
“When we broke up, I was frustrated. I wanted to prove myself that I cannot live without you and can have affair after you. And I met Pinku in book exhibition. I followed her and pretended that I love her but I wasn’t. After meeting Pinku, I realized the importance of you and wanted you to be back.

I found Pinku boring and unattractive. She didn’t have the X-factor. Besides that, she loves books which I didn’t like. I pretended that I was bookaholic. Besides books, she doesn’t see anything. I totally missed you and wanted you, Riya to be back in my life and patched up with you, Riya. I am really sorry, Pinku . I don’t love you. I love Riya.”

Tears were rolling from her eyes. “You used me for getting your love. I thought you really love me but you pretended. Haven’t you thought how much I loved you. Although, I am boring and unattractive, I was clean from my heart. Didn’t you see my beautiful heart?  For this, no one can forgive you not even God. For getting your love, you broke my heart. If you had said about your relationship, I could help you.”

She got up and went crying without saying any words further. Bishesh couldn’t say anything.  He wanted to stop her but couldn’t. He felt guilty of hiding the truth. He wished he could have told her the truth before.
                                                            III
Present Time…….
It was almost eight months, she was not in touch with anyone. She had her Facebook and twitter.  She had switched off her mobile for eight months. Finally, she had switched on her phone. She was lost in her own world. After Bishesh had betrayed her, she had forgotten to smile and found no meaning of her life. She had loved him so much that she hadn’t loved anyone else. She had loved him more than herself. But her love was all vanishing. She has all the memories of him and the time spent with him.  

Tears were rolling from her eyes by remembering him and felt guilty by falling in love with him. Meanwhile, her phone rang and went near to the phone and the call was of her best friend Shreya. She attended her phone call.

“Hello, Pinku. What’s wrong with you?” said Shreya.

Pinku remained silent and was listening the voice of her best friend. She was listening the voice after a long period of time.

“Hello, why are you not speaking? Say something Pinku,” said Shreya in an angry tone.

Pinku disconnected the phone. For the first time, she had disconnected the phone of Shreya. Shreya and Pinku were best friends since they were from plus two. They knew each and every aspects of each other’s life. After 30 minutes, Shreya came in Koteshwor where Pinku was staying.

Shreya rang the bell and Pinku opens the door. When Shreya immediately enters the flat, she says angrily, “Why are you not responding? What had happened to you? What had you done yourself? Look at yourself. Why don’t you understand that he has left you. He has dumb you for another girl. You will get nice guy. Forget him. For eight months, you are depressed and you have become more aggressive. You are destroying yours ‘and other’s life. In anger, you have hurt  yourself and so many people.”

Pinku sat down and started crying. Shreya went near to her. “Please, don’t cry. You have become weaker day by day. Sitting at home will make you remember about him. Go out and enjoy your life. You will feel relief. “

“Shreya, how can I forget him. I had loved him so much more than myself. When he left me, I was lost.  I anted to die but couldn’t. I was angry with him but showed it to everyone. I couldn’t forget him till now. What should  I do now?”

Both hugged each other. Shreya was convincing Pinku to go out but she wasn’t ready.

IV
“Hello,” said Pinku to Bipin sir.
“Good morning,” said Bipin sir and Pinku went to her chamber.

She had started working on Human Rights Office at Ekantakuna. It  has been more than two months, she and Shreya had been working in this office. Finally, Shreya convinced to work and agreed.

According to time, she was changing. With the help of Shreya and other staffs, She was changing. Working staffs were friendly and open-minded and she was attached with all the staffs.

It was 16th March, 2014. “Everyone, please be in the meeting hall within five minutes, said the president of the office, Anil Shrestha.

After five minutes, every staffs were in the meeting hall.  “Today, I called you all in the meeting hall to introduce with two new staffs. They will introduce by themselves.”

“Namaste, I am Anu Sharma. I did my Maser’ Degree in Journalism. I am joining Gender Empowerment  and Social Inclusive Department.” And she sat down.

“Hello, Namaste.” He spoke by sitting. “ I am Safall Shrestha. I came from US. I came to Nepal for a  holiday and I wanted to utilize my holiday so, I came here for volunteer in the Refugee Department.”

After their introduction, they were introduced with the staffs. Pinku gave the introduction, what Refugee Deprtment does: what they are doing, what they are doing further, what are the projects and who are the partners.

V
She was looking at the photo of Safall Shrestha through Facebook. She has activated her Facebook and twittter. She found him attractive and handsome.There was something about him that made her fall in love with him. While she was looking at his photos on Facebook, Shreya came and was observing Pinku. She was lost in the photos and didn’t know her best friend was in her chamber. Then, Shreya shouted which scared Pinku and closed the Facebook.

“Oh, Oh! You are in love with Safall. Oh, good.” She smiled.
“What rubbish? I don’t love anyone.”
“Then, why are you looking at those photos?”
“Just.”
“Just?”
“Please leave now.
“Ok.”

And she left the chamber of her best friend. When she left, Safall came into the chamber and started discussing on their work. While he was talking, she was looking at him. She was not listening to him and was focused on him. When he looked at her, she pretended that she focused on the laptop and he smiled.

The clock showed the time of 5:10 pm and she rushed to go back to home. Meanwhile, she met Safall while leaving the office.

“Where do you live?”
“Koteshwor.”
“Oh, I also live in Koteshwor. Let’s go together if you don’t mind.”

She couldn’t say no and went with him. When they were at the gate of the office, the rain started raining. Both didn’t have umbrella nor raincoat. Meanwhile, Safall said, “Have you ever felt the rain fall?”

“What do you mean by that?”
“I mean dance in the rain and ate ice cream?”
“No.”
“Let’s have an ice cream. Try it. You will like it.”

And they went to Big Mart supermarket and brought ice cream.  They started having an ice cream in the rain. She really felt nice. More than that, he was feeling happy to see her happy and smile on her face.  When she finished her ice cream, she looked at him.  Both looked at each other. Their eyes met and their eyes were talking with each other.  Meanwhile, the thunder’s sound made  them come into the reality.

The rain was still raining and they went in the taxi. When they both reached their home respectively, they both were lost in each other’s memory. Both were in love but hadn’t shared their feelings towards each other.

She went  near to the window and started watching the rain fall. On the other hand, he too was doing the same. She smiled and went outside started dancing. She felt happy. He, too, started dancing in the rainfall.
VI
Pinku came lately in the office with the rush and went into the chamber. On the table, she saw one card and one letter. She opened the card. The card was of a beautiful red rose and written some quotes. She, then, reads the letter.
Dear Pinku,
                       I have many words to tell and I have to tell you so many things. I want to express my feelings. You have really sometimes which attracts me. You have the X-factor. Not only this, you have the most beautiful smile. Your smile is a reason for others to smile. You look better when you smile.

To tell the truth, you are loved by me. Even if a lot of the time it feels like you never have been. When it seems like no one will remember you that I always will.

Finally, I want to say that you are the love of my life. There has been never been anyone in my life as especial as you are.  I want to hold you, worship you, and make you very happy each and everyday.

I just want you to know that I love you even more than the day we first met. I remember the way you made me feel when we were in the rainfall.

I am totally devoted to you. Since, you have become part of my life, I have become a better person. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you.
                                                                                          With all my love
                                                                                          Safall Shrestha

She smiled and was excited because after a period of time, she was happy. She started to live her life after meeting Safall. She knew the meaning of life. She started the life. When she was with Bishesh, she never knew the meaning of life and was boring. To tell the truth, she realised that she had never loved Bishesh. He had never loved her. If he had loved her, she could know the meaning of love.

Meanwhile, Shreya came in her room and saw Pinku smiling. She went near to Pinku and said, “Oh, ho. Why are you smiling? I saw you smiling after a long period of time. What’s the matter?”

Shreya was more excited to know what’s the matter with her best friend.  Pinku showed her the love letter. When Shreya completed reading the love letter, she was curious to know what Pinku will tell and she immediately asked Pinku, “What will you say? What will be your answer? Yes or No?”
“Yes.” She smiled. And both hugged each other and were happy for each other.

After half an hour, she kept a small piece of paper on the table when he was not in the chamber. 

After a few minutes he came. He opens a small piece of paper and read it. He was happy to know the answer.

After this, they started dating and used to go out. They were happy and loved each other very deeply. They used to plan about future.

It was only three days left for Safall’s stay in Nepal. He was leaving on 20th June, 2014. He wanted to spend these remaining days with Pinku and called her in Road House Café, Bouddha.
She was sad and he was observing her. “Why are you sad? What happen?”

“You are leaving. I want you to stay in Nepal forever. I don’t want you to go back to US. Cannot you stay in Nepal?”

He smiled and said, “Don’t worry. I will come back to Nepal in the vacation and we will enjoy. More than that, when I come back, I will marry you. Will you marry me?“

When he talked about marriage, she had no boundary of happiness. She said yes and hugged him. She had dreamed of marrying him. She really enjoyed the day with him. She loves the day when he is with her. He is one who has brought a smile on her face. She is blessed to have a boyfriend like Safall.

VII
She  went with him in an airport. Both hugged as if they haven’t hugged each other for a long period of time.

“Now, it’s the time for me to leave. Please, don’t cry. Give me your beautiful smile. Your smile is the best smile. I will come after few months and we will be getting married after I returned back from US. “

He kissed her on her forehead. He removed the  tears from her cheeks. “Now, let me go. Bye.”
He went and looked back. She too was looking at him and was shaking her hands for bye.When he was unseen, she returned back.

When she was at the gate of an airport, she met Bishesh. She was shocked to see him. He had lost his weight and long hair and beard. His look showed that he hasn’t taken care of himself for many days.

“Hi.”

She didn’t bother about and was about to leave. Meanwhile, he said, I want to talk to you.”
They both sat in the restaurant nearby. He convinced her to talk with him for a few minutes. They both were looking at here and there, especially Pinku. She didn’t want to see his face.  She was angry with him. He was looking at her. He had many words to say to Pinku.

“How are you doing?” said Bishesh.
“Good.”
“How about your study?”
“Good.”
“How about your job?”
“It’s going on.”

He remained silent.  She was not interested to talk with him. She doesn’t want to see his face but because of Safall’s love she has become a passion and was in less anger.

He, then, said, “Why are so silent? Are you still angry with me?  I know I have hurt you. If I was in your place, I could also be angry. To tell the truth, after the  patch up with Riya, I was unhappy. She used to argue with me in each and every aspect. She used to follow me because she thought I might have another girlfriend. She used to doubt on me. Due to this reason, I broke with her again. After the break- up, I was left alone and realized your value. I knew your importance. You used to handle each and every problem comfortably. More than that, you used to hate arguments. You never preferred arguments. At the beginning, I found you boring, unattractive and aggressive, but you were mature.

Pinku, I want you to be back in my life again. I truly love you. If you come in my life again, I will give you all the happiness to you. This time, I promise you that I won’t hurt you again and won’t leave you. Please, come back again in my life. “

She smiled and said, “ Finally, you got punished because you broke my heart. Now, you knew what happens if the heart is broken. To tell the truth, I had never loved you. More than that, thank you for leaving me. If you hadn’t left me. I couldn’t have fallen in love that is true love.”

“What? Are you in love?”
“Yes, I am in love and he loves me more than anyone else. I am really happy with him and we are getting married after a few months. If you hadn’t come in my life, I couldn’t live my life. I have started living my life.”

When she was saying these things, he was sad and tears were rolling from his eyes. Furthermore, he didn’t have any words to tell. Due to his bluster mistake,he was in this condition. If he had loved Pinku or Riya truly, he couldn’t have been left alone.

After this conversation, she went from there without saying anything further. On the other hand, he was staying in the restaurant for long hour by remembering the mistakes he had done. He is in the same place where Pinku was once.







Comments

Popular Posts