DIFFERENT PLACES



Everyday I used to see her in the library. She used to read the novel “The Last Song”, of Nicholas Sparks every time when I used to go there. At first, I took it as a normal but it has been many days that I saw her reading the same book. I don’t want to bother about it as it was her choice but my concentrate has been focus on her only.

After few days, I started seeing her in the coffee shop where I was having coffee with my friends. At first, I thought that I was imagining her but I wasn’t in the imagination. She was there. What is happening to me? Why am I seeing her everywhere I go? I am seeing her more than a month. I don’t really know why I am seeing this girl frequently.  

After one month, I was on the airport waiting for my flight. I was going US for my office work. Co-incidentally, she was there again. Not again. I thought. So, this time, I went near to her to chat.
“Hi,” I said.
“Hi.”
“Waiting for flight?”
“No. Waiting for husband.”
“Oh,” where does he live?”
“US, he is coming from US.”
“Can I ask you one question?”
“Sure.”

“I frequently saw you in the library reading “The Last Song,” many times and I saw you in the coffee shop many times.”

The Last Song,” is my husband’s first book. That library is the place where he used to go frequently and he used to love that library very much. When we were in love, he used to take me to that coffee and we used to enjoy the coffee there. We used to spend many hours there in coffee shop. I was missing him so I used to go there.”

Meanwhile, she asked me the same questions to me. I said to her, “Well, I go to library because one of friend and I used to spend the time by reading the books there. I go to that coffee shop because my good friend and I used to go there for coffee shop. I miss him. He was my childhood friend. He died in the airplane crash while returning back to Nepal.”

“So sad. From which place was he about to come and when did the crash happen?”
“He was about to come from US. This happen about one year ago.”
“And about his family. Is he married?”
“His family lives here. Yes, he is married but never seen his wife. When he got married, I was not here. I was abroad for my work. He promised to send me his wife photo but due to busy work, he wouldn’t. I never got opportunity to meet his wife.”

When we were talking, I found her very interesting. Her husband is very lucky to get her as a wife, I felt so.  We talked for more than two hours. But her husband flight was cancelled again and he left the place. She was about to pay the bill but I said to pay. So, she left and waiter said to me, “Her husband died one year ago in plane crash. They were newly married. She comes here everyday by thinking that he will come. She doesn’t believe he is death. Everyday she comes here by hoping to meet him but its impossible. She waits and waits and drinks many cup of coffee but by depress face, she returns back.”

When waiter went back, I was speechless. When I returned back, I saw one photograph in the floor and I picked up. When I saw the photo, I was shocked. She was wife of my childhood friend. I was shocked and speechless. When I turned back, she had already gone. I was in the tears.
But I knew that she will come tomorrow again in the different places.




Comments

Popular Posts