A LOVE STORY

He opened the letter with a mischievous look in his eyes and murmured, "Quite romantic." But he had no idea, how this letter would change his world. With a smile on his face he started to read it.

Dear Anwesh,
Have I ever told you something else besides those three beautiful, precious words? Yes, I have. But today what I'm writing to you is far beyond the mind, heart and soul. It's beyond your imagination.

Love connects two people. Without 'love' both of us are incomplete. But in our relationship, trust, faithfulness, friendship, have always been placed above than love. Because of this trust and commitments towards each other, we were so much in love, so happy that there was no place for anger, fear, betrayal, jealousy, tension and pains. But I would like to ask for forgiveness. I was under such circumstances that either could I tell you the truth, or could I lie to you. I couldn't tell you the truth because my life is connected to yours and I didn't want to lie because I had to promise to be faithful towards you. But I had no choices to make so I have remained silent for some months. Now I think you need to know. I can't betray you anymore, I cannot keep you waiting.

I had lied to you about my stay at with a distant relative. Actually I am very sick, so sick that I've lied very few months to live. How could I ever tell you about my death, our love is external? How I could I tell this world when I've promised to be with you in every steps of your life? Now could I tell you that you'll no be able to see me for the rest of your life when you had once told me that you will never close your eyes when I am in front of you? How could I……………..?

You were there waiting for my arrival and I was waiting for my last breathe, I was here, living in fear, fear of separation. These three months of separation, it was so painful to me and I missed you terribly. You were far away, dreaming of me, and I here crying over our shattered dreams. I didn't want the shadows of my illness fall on you. That's only brought tears and I cannot see that. I'll be free from all these things but you'll get trapped into my memories.

Last night I saw you in my dreams. You were crying terribly holding my body. You were trying to wake me up desperately, but I didn't open my eyes. You were shouting and asking for help to save your love. But you were all alone, so alone that none could hear your heart breaking.

In the morning when I woke up, I felt the tears running down my cheeks. I wished someone could come to save me so that I can save from such pains, for I cannot let you alone suffer, the pains, I cannot.

The day I parted from you and came over here, I suffered a lot. I alone know the agony I suffered. I remember that we have promised to face the world together now I don't know whether I should be saying this to you or not. I don't want you to be alone after I am gone. You are mature enough to make decisions. I want someone I your life, someone to love you and care for you. Just don't get trapped my memories. How I wish to take away all the memories along with me, so that you can start a new of my memories.

I have called to Simrika. She will bring you to me. I had already asked her to buy the tickets to Delhi.

I had again liked to ask for forgiveness. And remember that I'm unchangeably yours, only yours, no matters what happens and be happy. Love you.

Yours love
Sheetal

He saw her in the bed, her face was white. He went near to her and sat beside her. She opened her eyes and smiled, she was happy to see him.

"I love you", she said in a calm voice. But it broke his heart. Those words had always brought happiness in his life, but now it tortured him.

"Don't go, please stay for me," he whispered." She didn't say anything; they were silent for some moments.

"If you had told me, then I could have emptied my heart giving you all the love. At least I could make you feel better, make you feel alive, make you feel that someone loves you."

"But then it would only be harder for you to forget me."

"I'd accept that. Everything in this world will remind me of you, the air, the moon, the stars……everything. Even when I breathe I'll have a feeling that I am breathing because you are alive inside me. But the moment is reminding me that I am going to lose you."

She looked at him with tears in her eyes. She whispered," Don't let my memories haunt you."

"No, let memories haunt me, day and night, till death. I want you to live within me, in my heart, in my soul. Until I am alive, you'll be alive." He mastered himself not to cry, but couldn't tolerate and tears ran down. He took her in his arms. He felt the cold body against him and he knew he was going to loose her. They remained silent looked on each others arms. He then whispered in her ears," Sheetal will you marry me?"

She looked at those eyes and said;" How could you love me so much, how?"

He asked her again and she answered," But still you will be alone. That's what tortures me. I wish I could fight against death and come back for you. But I cannot."

"I won't be alone. You'll be with me always. You had a dream and I want to fulfill it".

She threw herself in his arms and was happy to hear it. "I'll take you to our home," he said and they were lost within each other. As he felt her heartbeat, he knew he was going to lose the only person he had ever loved in his life and had to let her go. And she was lost in his warm embrace, thinking of the wedding and a house, but deep in her heart, she knew, this happiness wouldn’t last long and he would suffer the most in silence.

The next day he was in the hospital. She was sleeping. He sat beside her and took her hands. She opened her eyes and smiled at him. They got married in the hospital. Both were very happy. But Sheetal knew that he might feel torture when she shall die.

Sheetal was getting serious and serious day by day and she didn't have much time now. He went to the room and said; "Everything will be fine. Now I am able to fulfill your dreams. If you are also gone, you are always with me". Sheetal said," Please hug for the last time; I don't know whether I shall get to hug you next time or not." Both hugged each other and Sheetal died in his hug.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts