THE PRODUCTIVE YEAR


The year 2019 was effective and fruitful to me.  The year 2019 was enthusiastic for me because I participated in various training.

In the month of February 20-22, 2019, I participated in the training named “Sustainable Development Goals Course,’’ which was organized by Himalayan Climate Initiative. It was based on what sustainability is, what are the goals of the Sustainable Development Goal, what are the impacts of the goals if we didn’t care about the goals. The goal was focused on climate change and what happens when we don’t care about the environment and earth.

After attending the training, I was able to know about the goals. Before about SDGs, I had heard about Millennium Development Goals. I even heard the term SDGs but didn’t know about SDGs. There was a discussion that helped me to know about the goals.

The next training that I participated in was “Building Climate Resilience,’’ which was also organized by Himalayan Climate Resilience. It provided basic knowledge on Climate Change and to make understand that human choices, decisions and actions are responsible for the changing climate.

The next was “Moral and Innovative Leadership (July 29-31, 2019) which was organized by Global Peace Youth. The training was focused on what is leadership, what are the qualities of leadership, what happens if we don’t get good leadership. It also focused on public speaking, moral and core values. The training had different games which helped to know about leadership.


The last training was “Grant Proposal Writing: Conceptual and Practical Approaches (August 3-4, 2019) which was organized by Nepal Institute of Research and Communication. The training was focused on conceptual and practical aspects of proposal development. The training also focused on the grant proposals and why grant proposals fail.  It also focused on proposed project design, the proposal review process, Technical proposal, cover letter, financial proposal which included a good and bad example of budget, what is concept note, how to develop concept notes and packing a proposal.


Those training helped to know about the topic. Not only the topic but it helped me to grow as myself. During those pieces of training, my confidence grew up. I had a fear of public speaking and these kinds of training helped to speak in front of the people. My opinion was heard by the people. My capacity was known by myself and other people which helps me to know my mistakes.

Comments

Popular Posts