TRAVEL MEMORIES III


I
After the destination of Thailand, my next destination was the United States. Although I was not interested to travel to the United States, my family motivated and encouraged me to visit the US as it was an opportunity for me. So, I travelled to the US. Before travelling, gastric and vomiting weren’t ready to leave me. The doctor had warned to have a certain food. I had feared that I would eat junk food in the United States. This was the reason that I didn’t want to travel to the US.

It was May 25, 2018. The flight was at 9:00 pm. My parents too came with me to the airport. I was nervous. I had thousands of thoughts in my mind; what will I do in the US without any work. Whether I will be able to stay in the US for more than a month?  

I was travelling with my elder sister’s friend’s sister. This made me easy as my parents weren't travelling with me. This made me learn what to do next without parents.

It was 6:30 pm, with my friend; I gave an entry inside the airport. I waved my parents and they too waved. At that time, I felt nervous and felt that I don’t want to go to the United States.

After checking and completing the work at the airport, we were waiting for the boarding time. We both were talking and the time arrived.  It was around 8:45 pm, there was a notice of boarding time. We showed our boarding pass and were inside the plane. We both then were seated in our seats. Meanwhile, one of the Nepalese guys arrived and sat next to me. We three started speaking and he shared his experience of the US. After three hours, we reached Abu Dhabi. We had two hours, thirty minutes transact. We quickly completed our process. I had a good memory here in the transact.

My friend didn’t arrive. I was waiting for her. I didn’t know where to go and I got panic. I didn’t have her number. I sat on the chair with fear. After twenty minutes, she arrived. Later, I knew that the interviewer took the time and threw the noodles that she brought.

The announcer announced for the boarding and we reached the plane. This time we were in different seats. The travel was almost 14 hours. I watched movies, sometimes I slept and sometimes I read the book.

After 14 hours of travel, we reached John F. Kennedy Airport. I had a good memory here. When we were waiting for the luggage, I took out my mobile to text my mother through Viber. When I was about to text, I saw luggage, I quickly went towards the luggage and my mobile felt. I lost the mobile. The mobile was new which was used for a month only.

After a while, my elder sister arrived to pick me and I told her about my mobile. She was amazed for a while. After two hours, we reached Connecticut at the apartment of my elder sister. Almost for two hours, I slept. After two hours, I was fresh and went to parks and shopping malls.
II
On the month of June 2018, we four siblings were gathered at Colorado. We four were gathered after 14 years. It was one of the good memories. We had such fun. For almost five days, we travelled a lot in Colorado. We went to Aspen, Denver, Snowmass, and others. When we travelled to those places, we felt like we are in Nepal. Those places made us remember Nepal. The geography was similar to Nepal. Those places had greenery and we could see Mount View that made me remember Nepal.  When we were in Colorado, we had adventurous too. We walked a lot and ate a lot too. We cracked jokes and had laughed a lot after many years.

The return day was another memory for me. The flight time was at the night time around 11:00 pm but there was delay almost for two years. We reached the apartment early in the morning. We ate oatmeal and slept. I woke up at 9:30 am. Still, I felt sleepy and after having lunch, I slept again. 



III
During my stay in the United States of America, I visited most of the beautiful places like Boston, New York  and Washington D.C. Besides these places, we travelled to different parks too. Among those places, I loved New York.

boston prudential towerको लागि तस्बिर परिणाम
Boston, Prudential Center 

It was around 12:00 noon, we travelled to New York. We reached in the evening time. I was with my sister and brothers. We had such a good conversation while travelling. It was such fun. Moreover, we looked around. Everywhere there were trees and greenery.
new york jackson heightsको लागि तस्बिर परिणाम
Jackson Height 

new yorkको लागि तस्बिर परिणाम
New York 
new yorkको लागि तस्बिर परिणाम

When we reached, I saw lights like in the festival of Tihar. Moreover, when we reached Jackson Heights, it remained me of Ason. It was like mini Nepal. There were shops like sweets, jewelry, and clothes which remained me of New Road and Ason. We, then, went to have momo which was similar to Nepali. The restaurant was a Nepali restaurant. I felt like I was in Nepal.

My two sisters took me to different places in New York and showed me the place where the movie Kal Ho Na Ho was shoot. It was such a beautiful place. They took showed the garden where the movie was shoot. New York was the best place to visit because it’s a beautiful place.

Although I travelled to Washington DC,  there was nothing special about it. I didn’t find the place that much interesting like New York. People love to click the photos near to White House. Besides that, nothing fascinated me.
washington dcको लागि तस्बिर परिणाम


IV
There were many good aspects of the United States that we Nepalese should learn. One is the road system. Workers used to work at the night tome which didn’t disturb to travel. In the morning, the road was on the track. They were quick to work.

Another was that the food cheaper than Nepal. If they increased the amount, they increase only in three to four years which is less in terms of money. In the context of Nepal, I don’t understand why food is too expensive. Food and vegetables are increased each month which I don’t understand the increase in the price.

Another part was that every apartment had trees and greenery that fascinated me. They don’t deforestation. But we Nepalese have less respect to the trees. We have become demanding.  

During my stay, I travelled a lot and got opportunities to see the country. It was such a beautiful journey.





Comments

Popular Posts