THE WRITER'S STORY


I
“What had happened to you, Rohit? You used to write a lot but you have stopped writing now. What’s your problem? You have started three different stories but suddenly you stopped writing those stories.” Vikram said.

I didn’t speak. I was looking on the floor. He was observing me. When I didn’t speak, he understood my problem and said, “Look Rohit, why are you troubling yourself? If your two books were flop that doesn’t mean you should stop writing. Understand that failure is the path of the success. Write different and try different. Might be this time, you might be success.”

“You know after two books which flopped I was upset. Although, I was upset because of books, more than I was upset when my girlfriend left me. She said that I am failure and cannot achieve anything in my entire life. I cannot be a good writer for her. This made me more depressed. She was the only hope that I have. I thought she could encourage me and could help me to come out from the depression from the failure of the book but she broke the relationship with me.”

I was serious and couldn’t say anything further. Vikram, then, said, “Do come out from the depression and do research and start writing. Think you can do and become successful. You can do much better. You have a skill to do. Move ahead. I am telling you these things as a friend not as a publisher.”

I didn’t have any words to say further and came out from the office. When I reached home, Vikram’s words strike me a lot. His words made me feel I can do much better. So, after two days, I left Kathmandu and went to the beautiful place Pokhara. I wanted to write a different story so I reached Pokhara.

I reached to Fewa Lake and nearby I saw one small lodge. So, I went there. The main gate was open and I entered the lodge. There was nobody at the reception. There was one big table on the right side and a rack on the left side. On the rack, there was nothing kept and the table too was empty besides there was telephone.  There was a big stair in middle.  Although, from the outside, the lodge, it looks small, inside the rooms seem big.

After looking the surrounding, I said, “Hello. Who is in this lodge?”

For the moment, nobody responded. Again, I said, “Who is in this lodge?  Hello, hello.”

I looked around and saw chairs and I sat on one of the chairs. I was waiting for someone to come. After 15 minutes, I saw one girl came from the upper room. When she was coming down, I was just looking at her. Although, she was wearing a simple blue t-shirt and black pant with tiden hair, she was looking beautiful. She was looking innocent. More than that, she didn’t have smiley face which shows that she had suffered a lot in her life.

She came near to me and said, “How can I help you?”
“I need a room.”
“Sure.”

She gave a key of the room and showed me my room. The room was big and was fine for me. The room had four windows. Although, the room was big, there were few things kept.  There was a small bed and nearby small table was kept and on the table, there was vessel. The vessel was red in colour.

While I was observing the room, she said, “If you need any help, please let know.”
“Sure. But I am new in this place. Can you help me to show this beautiful place?”

She said yes by nodding her head.

The next day, we both went to see the beautiful place Pokhara. Although, she was smiling, her eyes were telling something else. While observing her, I wanted to know about her, I feel like we are connected and we have same pain. I really don’t know what happens to me whenever I see her.

While she was showing me the place, I asked her, “Can I know your beautiful name?”
“Kavita Shrestha,” she said with the fake smile.

I have heard the name but where? But where I heard the name I don’t remember. Anyways, I said, “Hi, I am Rohit Sharma. I am a writer. I came here to find the story.”

She remained silent and move ahead. I followed her and showed me Davis Falls and different temples of Pokhara. Almost for one and half week, she showed me the beautiful place Pokhara and I loved the place.

I have started changing. I was more attached towards her. Whenever, I see her, I find her beautiful and wanted to be close with her. I think I fell in love with her. 

II
I was thinking about the story and was searching for an idea. Meanwhile, something clicked on my mind. I searched about Kavita Shrestha on Google. When I saw about her, I was amazed and couldn’t find a word to persuade myself.

When I got information and went near to her room. When I went near to the door, I was about to knock the door but I couldn’t as it was already 10:30 pm. I left the place by thinking to talk the next day and searched more about her.

The next day, it was around 8:30 m. I went near to her. She was in the kitchen making a cup of tea. I was astonished whether to tell her or not. I was back of her and was about to tell her what I have found about her. Meanwhile, she turned back and was nervous to see me there. I couldn’t say any word for a second. Meanwhile, she poured tea in a cup ad gave it to me and said, “Your tea.”

“Thanks. Listen, I want to say something.”
“When I knew your name, I felt like I have heard the name before but where I didn’t know that.  Yesterday, I was searching about you in the internet and found that you were famous model and got married with the owner of the advertising company. Even I found that you killed your husband for the property. You ran away from the husband’s house and police are in search of you.”

She didn’t say anything. She stopped drinking cup of tea. When she left the kitchen, I felt guilty why I told about her past life.

More than a week, she didn’t speak with me. I wanted to talk with her and say sorry. I could have wanted for the right time. I felt that I have hurt her and felt guilty for it.

III
I was sitting in a bench and was watching the sunset. Meanwhile, she came with a cup of tea. “Tea,” she said.

I looked at her and took a cup of tea. She sat on the bench and was looking at the sunset. She was drinking a cup of tea. I gave a look at her and said, “Sorry, I hurt you by talking about your past. At first, I thought the information could be fake and every newspaper have given about you and thought it might be true. So, I wanted to know the truth though you.”

While I was talking with her, tears were rolling in her eyes. She got up from the bench and looked at the sunset.

“You know, Rohit, my life is like sunset.  Similarly, my life has darkness. When sun sets, there is darkness. Although, the next day, sunrises, it gives lightness, I don’t have lightness. I have only darkness. I am searching for the lightness.

Whatever, you got information about me is not true. Yes, I killed my husband not because of property. It was something else. People thought that I got married with the richest guy for the money which was false. I loved him so much but he broke my trust. “

“What has happened to your husband? I didn’t get your point.” I said. For the modeling and
“It was 2010, I was in search of job. I was much interested in the modeling. I was applying for the modeling in the advertising agencies but didn’t succeed. I was rejected in many places but I wasn’t hopeless. I was determined to be a famous model.

After struggling for almost two years, I applied in Ambitious Advertising and they called me for an interview.

I still remember the date. It was 1st August, 2012. I went for an interview in Ambitious Advertising, New Baneshwor. I was nervous and my heart was beating. Finally, after few minutes, I was called for an interview.

I went inside the room for an interview. He was looking at the CV of mine and I said, “Excuse me, may I come in?”
“Yes.”

He was still focus on my CV. I went near to the chair. And he said, “Sit.”

He, then, closed the file and said, “So, you have completed Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism.”
“Yes sir.”
“So, what made you interest in the advertising?”
“It’s because I want people know me. I want people see my billboards. Not only that, early in the morning, when I open the window, I want to see my photo in the billboards.”
“I love your confident. But why do we choose you for the modeling in this agency?”
“Confident, interest and desire to do new work that is why I want to do modeling. Not only this, I love to meet new people and I want to increase my network.”
“Ok. We will call you when you are selected. Thank you for the interview.”
“Thank you.”  And I left the place.

After two days, I received a call. The call was from Ambitious Advertising.
“Hello.”
“Hello.”
“I am calling from Ambitious Advertising. Is this Kavita Shrestha?”
“Yes, I am Kavita Shrestha speaking.”
“You are selected for our company.”
“Thank you.”
“You are supposed to come the next day for the shooting at our company at 10:30 am.”

IV
At the beginning, I was enjoying my modeling. I did many advertising for the company and the boss was nice. He used to make me feel comfortable while doing shoots. 

After four months of advertising in this company, one day, Anish said, “Kavita.”
“Yes, sir.” I got up from the chair.
 “How many times I told you that not to call me sir. Please call with my name.”
“But……………sir?”
“Again, you call me sir.”
“Try again with my name Anish.”
“Anish.”
“That’s nice.”
“Listen, can we meet today at Sherpa Mall, Durga Marg at 7:00 pm. We need to discuss about the next advertising.”
“Sure.”

I reached there at 7:00 pm. The table was reserved and was filled with candle light. There were red roses and white lily which were my favourite flowers.

“Welcome.” I heard Anish’s voice.
“Anish, what is this? You told me to discuss about new project.”

He came near to me and said, “I lied to you. I wanted to tell you something else.”

I didn’t speak for the moment. He was observing my expression. I was nervous what he was supposed to tell me.

He lied down with roses and said, “I know you are feeling nervous. You might think what am I thinking. Since I saw you, I was in love with you. The way you gave interview, I like the way you gave the interview. The way you spoke and your confident made me to work with me. The more you work with me, I fell in love you. I don’t know what you think about me but I started falling with you. I love you.”

I didn’t know how to react. I was speechless. “Sorry, I don’t know what to say. I am speechless. Anish, sorry I cannot give my answer to you right now. I consider you as my mentor and friend; nothing else. I am focus on my career. But thank you for everything.”

I left the place. I couldn’t think any answer at that time. The next day, on the office, in my chamber’s table, he left the note. At the beginning, I didn’t notice it. When I saw the note, I looked around so that nobody can see me and I gave a look at the note. The note mentioned that:-
“Kavita, I am really sorry but it’s the true that I have a feeling for you. I am not in the rush for your decision. You can give answer me any time. I don’t mind even if you reject me. Still, we can be friends.”

 Unknowingly, there was smile in my face. Honestly, I started falling for him but couldn’t yes to him as I wanted to know what he thinks and wanted to know more about him.

After one month of his proposal, I said yes to his proposal. Immediately, he asked for the marriage proposal and we got married soon.
V
At the beginning, we were happy with our married life. He treated me well. But slowly and according to time, he was changed. He started behaving differently. He only determined for the sex. When I denied, he used to torture me.

He stared using hands. I started knowing him. He used me. I didn’t know that his love was not matured and fabricated. I didn’t know he was womanizer. When I denied for the sex, he went for the other one and sometimes he never returned back home for two or three days. It made me guilty for marrying a wrong person. But sometimes, I felt that he could change. I thought I might be wrong.

It was July 6, 2013. It was his birthday and was waiting for him. I wanted to give him surprise. It was 9:30 pm. I was waiting for him. I was almost asleep. But around 12:30 am, I heard his footstep and I woke up. He was heavily drunk.

I went near to him and said, “Happy Birthday.”

He didn’t response to me and went upstairs in the room. I followed him. Again, I wished him but he gave me an evil look.

“What has happened to you? I wished you but why aren’t you responding me.”
“Why are you after me?” He shouted at me. I was scared.

He came near to me and this made me more scared. He was not in the mood. I was scared and went in the bedroom. He came near to me and said, “Why are you after me? Don’t you know that I hate you. I don’t love you. I married you just for fun nothing else.”

He started beating with his belt. I escaped from there and he followed me. I was in the kitchen in the search of knife. He came near to me and I attacked him thousands of time to him.

But before dying, he smiled and said, “I know when you will call the police, they won’t believe you.”

I was shocked and couldn’t believe what he was telling. I was confused. Meanwhile, he said, “What you thought? I have written a letter as a proof that one day, my wife will kill me because of my property. She was in search of right time to kill me. So, birthday was the right time. I know I will die but after my death, I will obviously get justice. My wife will be punished. She will tell the whole world that I have raped her thousands of times and had many affairs. Moreover, I used girls for own sake. I have hidden the letter where you cannot find.”

And he died. I started searching the fake letter and watched to throw letter but couldn’t find the letter. I know the police won’t believe because he was a big and rich guy so I escaped from that house and came in this place. I don’t have any evidences that I am innocent.”

I was really shocked to know her story. But after knowing the story, I still was in love with her. I went near to her and said, “ Kavita, sorry to hear your story. You could have fought for your rights. You could have searched again the letter. You could have found out the letter.”

She was silent and was in tears. She was speechless. Meanwhile, I added, “Kavita, I am in love with you. After knowing your story, I am still in love with you. To give you justice, I will help you. But will you be in my life. I want to make you mine. I want you to forget the past and make your future bright. I want to see the bright side of your life. I want you to be happy. I want to give all those happy you deserve. Will you marry me?”

VI
After five months….
“Welcome to the book launch at Hotel Annapurna, Durbar Marg. As all of you know, whose book launch is today? Moreover, the story is based on the real story of one person and the writer wants to provide justice to the person. So, by not wasting the time lets welcome writer Rohit Sharma.”

Everyone clapped their hands and Rohit went in the stage. More than that, Kavita was more excited for the book launch. Rohit looked at Kavita and both smiled at each other.

“At the beginning, I was hopeless. After the two books failed, I was depressed. I was depressed not because my books failed but because my relationship failed. I thought I could not succeed in my life and couldn’t get true love. But when I went to Pokhara, I found my life as well as my story and more success. I was lost in my life. But after meeting Kavita, I found happiness in my life. Furthermore, this is the true story of Kavita. I want to give her justice so, I published this story. Somehow, I think I succeed it.

About my life, if I have to tell, Kavita gave me all love I deserve and I too gave her all love she deserves. I am so happy that I got her in my life. I am so happy that she became my life partner. So, I hope you will enjoy the book and will know about my life and Kavita’s life. Thank You.”
After the book launch, both Rohit and Kavita went outside the hotel. They were madly and deeply in love.



Comments

Popular Posts