RELATIONSHIP


I
Happy Birthday, Jimmy,” said Sophie.
“Thank you,” said Jimmy.

And they cheer the wine. They were only two to celebrate the birthday at Road House Café, Bouddha. The time showed 9:30 pm. They were sitting at the open space and looking at the beautiful night. They were enjoying the night.

“Sophie, I want a beautiful gift from you.”
“What?” She smiled and kept the glass of wine on the table.
“I want to extend our family. I want to play with the child. Will you give me this gift?”

She smiled and said yes. 

II
The next day, he was about to return from the office, receptionist said, “Sir, you have a letter. It’s for your wife.”

"My wife?” he was shocked and thanked receptionist.

When he reached home, he gave letter to Sophie. The letter was of Samrat which mentioned:-
Dear Sophie,
                       I know you are angry and upset with me. You won’t forgive me for my betrayal. Yes, I was a betrayal husband. You loved me a lot but I couldn’t stand on it. Besides asking for the forgiveness, I don’t have any options.
                      I betrayed you so God has punished me. I am at the last stage of Cancer and have few days to live. I cannot die without looking at you. I have a wish to meet you. Hope you will come to meet you.
                                                                            Yours Betrayal
                                                                            Samrat
In Sophie’s eyes, Jimmy saw tears and said, “Sophie, what happen? Why are you crying? Whose letter is it?”

She gave the letter to him and read the letter. He too was shocked and didn’t know how to react for the moment. He then, looked at Sophie. She was sitting on the bed. He went near to her.

“Sophie, you need to meet him. He needs you in this stage. Please, go. Otherwise, you both will have guilty.”

She stood up and said, “I don’t want to meet him. He is a liar. When I was with him, he lied thousands of time. He betrayed me. Now, he is telling a lie. I cannot trust him, Jimmy. How can I trust him?”

“You must trust, Sophie. You must. He needs you. You need to support him. If he wasn’t suffering from Cancer, I couldn’t let you go. But in this stage, I cannot stop.”

“You really want me to go?”

“Yes, Sophie. I know you still have a place for him in your heart because you had loved him very deeply and still love him.”

“Please, stop me. He is jealous and wants me to stay with him, Jimmy.”

He, finally, convinced her and she was ready to move.

III
Samrat was looking at the sunset. Every day, I look at the sunset. Although, sun again rises, my life doesn’t rise again. Sunset is for the good purpose and has new aspects in the life but I don’t have any purpose.

He enters in his room and looks at the box and opens it. In the box, he had kept the belongings of Sophie. More than that, he looks at the ring of Sophie. The ring was given by him to Sophie. He, then, looks at the photo of her and tears falls from his eyes. After looking at those belongings, he went to make coffee.

Every day, he used to make two cup of coffee: one for him and another for Sophie. Every day, I make two cup of coffee: one for me and another for you. You used to drink coffee only made by me and I had habitual of making coffee for you only because I used to be happy and you loved my coffee.

More than that, I feel guilty for betraying you. That’s why God had punished me. I don’t feel guilty if I die but I will feel guilty if I don’t meet you and see you. I don’t feel relief if I will die without telling you some truth.”

IV
He was making two cup of coffee, he felt different and opens the door. He saw Sophie. On the other hand, Sophie looks here and there. After long period of time, she came in the house of Samrat. She didn’t want to come again in Samrat’s house and wanted to forget those days spend with him.

As she steps in the stair, she saw Samrat. He was observing her. When she saw him, she didn’t know what to say and what not to. Meanwhile, Samrat said, “Please, come in.” He welcomes her.
She enters the house and looks here and there. On the wall, there were photos of hers and Samrat. Then, she looked at Samrat and said, “Why did you still have my photos on the wall?”

“It’s because I still love you.”

She smiled and said, “How can I trust you? You were liar and betrayal. I cannot trust you anymore.”
“Then, why are you here?”
“It’s because of my husband.”
“It’s because of my love. You came here because you still love me.”
“No, I don’t love you anymore.”
“Yes, you do.”

They both remained silent. They couldn’t say anything further. He furthermore, showed her room.

It was 6:30 pm. Sophie and Samrat were looking at the sunset. He looked at her and said, “Whenever, I look at the sunset, I feel also feel like setting day by day. I now feel relief because I saw before I die. Moreover, I want to die in the lap of yours. Now, I don’t want to live more.”

“Please, don’t say like that. You have to live more. You have to be an inspiration to the people. You were the top successful writer, director and model. You need to do more. I won’t let you happen anything.”
“You still love me.”

She remained silent. She doesn’t know whether she loves him anymore or not but she cared for him. Both looked at the sunset and started remembering the past.

V
Some years ago….
“I am very tired of searching for the character. No one can understands the character you have written. I want such a person who purely understands your character.”

“Did I write so difficult script?”
“No, Sophie. It’s so beautiful script so far. The characters are beyond imagination.”
“If you find the script difficult should I change?”
“No, please don’t change. It’s the people who do not understand the character. I think I need to search new face for actress rather than experienced one.”
“New face?”
“Yes.”
“Don’t you think that experience one will do better than new one?”
“I am trying for new one this time.”
“Ok.”
“Listen, I am going for the finalization of the location after 2 days.”
“Ok but where?”
 “Switzerland.”
“How long are you staying there?”
“I might be there for a week.”

VI
After two days, he flew for Switzerland. After more than 10 hours flight, he reached Switzerland and stayed in the Hotel Bella vista Ftan with his team.

It was Friday, 26th September, 2009 and it was beautiful evening. He was in Swiss National Park for the location. He was looking around. More than that, he was taking pictures of the park. When he went ahead in the park, he saw one of the girls doing yoga which made him looked at her. He went near to her and clicked her photos.

The next day, he was at the Restaurant Edelweiss. He again saw the same girl and went near to her.

“Hello,” he said.
“Hi,” she said.
“Can I join you?”
“Sure.”

They introduced with each other and were having formal talks. Her name was Karishma and was working at Everest Bank in Nepal and was in Switzerland for the conference. He, then, said, “Actually, yesterday, I saw you in the park doing yoga. I am in search of heroine in my next film. So, I want to make you my heroine. Will you be in my film?”

She was mute. She couldn’t say anything. More than that, after hearing the proposal, she was like a statue. Although, she had desired to be heroine, due to negative image on heroine in Nepal, she was thinking for the appropriate time. In additional to this, she was confused whether to give positive respond or negative.

He was observing her and said, “What happen? Where are you lost? What’s in your mind?”

“First, let me read the script. If I like the script, I will do the movie.”

He agreed and gave his address and returned back to the hotel. Immediately, after reaching hotel, he called his wife and explained everything to his wife. They both were happy. Sophie was happier than Samrat.

The next day, there was a bell ring on the door of Samrat’s room. When he open the door, he saw Karishma and said, “Hi. What a pleasant surprise?”

“Hi. I was curious to read the script so I came to meet you.”

“Please, come in.”

She was sitting on the sofa. Meanwhile, he brought a script for her. She started reading script. After 45 minutes, she said to Samrat, “What a script? I really love the script. I will be surely doing a movie with you.”

Both smiled and he was extremely happy. “After finalizing the location, we will go back to Nepal and start doing rehearsal.”

VII
It was the first day of the rehearsal and Samrat said,”This is the first day of the rehearsal. I want you do the rehearsal without hero because I want you to understand the scene and character first. After you are comfortable with the scene and character, you will do with the hero. And I hope you have read your script.”

“Yes.” She was feeling nervous.

He explained her scene. The scene was romantic. After explaining, she started doing scene. She was not able to do the scene. He convinced her and made her comfortable.

This continued for many days. She was not able to do rehearsals. Samrat was getting angry but he controlled his anger and said, “Look, it has been many days we are doing the same scene. Are you alright? If you are not ok, we will do rehearsal the next day. Tomorrow, we will do the next scene for the change. Is that ok?”

She agreed and he went from studio. When he reached home, he saw Jimmy. “Hey,” said Jimmy.
“Hi,” said Samrat.
“How are you doing?”
“Good.”
“How about your film?”
“Going on.”

Meanwhile, Sophie came with three cup of coffee and sat on the sofa with her cup of coffee. She, then, said, “How about your film rehearsal?”

He explained everything to Sophie what had happened while doing rehearsal. He was very tired of explaining the scenes to Karishma.

“It’s very difficult to explain the character and scene to Karishma.”

“Chill out. It’s time for her to understand the scene. She is new and has no experience. So, give her some time.”

He agreed and drank a cup of coffee.

VIII
The next day, both came in the studio. He gave the scene was of dance for change. The choreographer was teaching dance. When she was dancing, he said, “While dancing, please bring expressions. You have just dance. You should understand the feelings of song and dance. Let me show.”

He showed how to dance and how to give expressions but he was feeling uncomfortable and went from there.

The rehearsal continued for one month but she was not able to do so he called his hero. When Anil came, Karishma and he was introduced.

Samrat explained the scene of romance. When she was doing rehearsal, she wasn’t able to do and said, “It has been a month and you are not able to do. Please, understand the meaning and do. The way you are doing is not so good and it seems you do not understand the character. What’s wrong with you?”

She didn’t say anything and went from the studio. On the one hand, Samrat was fed up by explaining the scene and on the other hand, Anil followed Karishma.

The next day, the scene was of dance. When both were dancing Samrat said, “Bring an expression.” Anil was saying something in the ear of Karishma and was laughing. Samrat was observing Anil.

After completing rehearsal, Samrat went back home but Anil and Karishma were doing rehearsal. He was explaining the scene to her. Meanwhile, Anil said, “You are doing well, Karishma.”

“You may be happy with my rehearsal but Samrat sir is not happy. He gets angry all the time. When he scolds me, I am not able to do any scenes.”

 “Don’t worry and focus in your work.”

IX
Samrat was in his office after the rehearsal. Meanwhile, Anil came in his cabin and said, “Hey bro. What has happened? Nowadays, you get angry with everyone. What’s wrong?”

 “Look Anil, you don’t have a good image. Stop flirting Karishma. She is a nice girl.”

Anil couldn’t say anything and left the office. Yes, he was changed and has started becoming rude with the actors. He didn’t know how he changed himself. His anger was out of control.

At home, he too started arguing with his wife. Most of the time, he used to talk about Karishma which makes Sophie aggressive. It was too much and one day, he was looking at the photo of Karishma. Sophie saw it and went out from his room. He followed her and went in the balcony.

He said, “What has happened to you? Why are you so jealous of Karishma?”


“I am not jealous. I think you are in love with her. You often talk about her and look at her. You are gone crazy for her.”

“Is it necessary to argue on the same topic every day? How many times I have told you that I am not in love with her. You are in an illusion. I am just a director and she is my heroine.”

“I am really tired of arguing with you.” And she went in her room. He too was tired of her.
Later, she called her best friend, Jimmy. “Hello, Jimmy.”

“Yes, Sophie. You sound disturb.”
“Yes, I am disturbed.”
“But what has happen?”
“Samrat started loving his film actor Karishma.”
“What? Why did you say so?”
“Most of the time, he talks about her and looks at her photo.”
“It doesn’t mean that he loves her.”
“He has changed Jimmy.”
“Give some time. Everything will be ok.”
“Ok.”
X
Karishma and Anil were in the restaurant. Karishma seem to be very tired after the rehearsal. But she enjoying the evening with Anil.

“After long time, I love the evening.”
“Really?”
“Yes, although I felt tired now I forgot tiredness.”
“Thank me.

Both smiled and he looked at her. She seemed happy.
“Actually, I want to tell you something.”
“Yes.”
“Actually, I want to say that I am in love with you.”

She was like statue without saying anything.
“Why are you like statue? Did I say anything wrong? If I had said anything wrong, I am sorry.”
“Actually, I want to tell you one thing.”
“What is it?”
“I hear you are Casanova.”
“Who said?”
“Most of the people say.”

He looked at her and said, “Yes, whatever you heard about me is true. But after meeting you, I am serious about you. I want to marry you. I haven’t told any girls to marry me besides you. Trust me, I won’t betray you.”
“I love you too but I don’t want to marry you now.”
“But why?”
“I have just started my career in film. So, it’s not the right time to get married now.”
“I am also in high peak of my career. It’s not about your career but also about my career.”

He finally convinced her and she said, “Promise me that you won’t flirt any girls anymore. Promise me, you will be serious on me.”
“Promise.” And both hugged each other.

XI
The rehearsal was over and the team was planning to go to Switzerland for shooting. Samrat started packing his clothes. Sophie was looking at him. She wanted to go with him but couldn’t say. She just looked at him and went from there. She, then, called to Jimmy.

“Hello,” said Sophie.
“Sophie.”
“Samrat is going to Switzerland.”
“So?”
“So what? He will be with Karishma. I don’t know if something happens there.”
“Don’t be stupid. You should be positive. You are thinking negative. What is happening to you?”
“I am sure that he is in love with her.”
“I don’t think so.”
“But I am sure?”
“Why don’t you talk with him?”
“There will be an argument.”
“Cool down. There is no such as you trust. Trust in your relationship.”
“Jimmy.”
“Please, cool down.”
“Ok.”

After two days, Samrat and his team reached Switzerland and stayed in the hotel. Samrat was observing Anil and Karishma. He couldn’t see both of them. They were going together. When he was looking at them, his assistant came near and said, “Let’s go to the room, sir.”

He reached his room. He went near to window and from the window, he saw Anil and Karishma laughing and chatting.

After two days of shooting, Samrat and Karishma were walking together. Meanwhile, Samrat said, “I want to say something for long period of time.”
“What do you want to say?”
“I love you, Karishma.”
“What?” She was shocked.

“Yes, Karishma. I am in love with you. I want to live with you. I didn’t know at the beginning and tried to control but couldn’t. Whenever, I came closer to you, I have a strange feeling. Your face comes all the time. I cannot handle myself.”
“You are married.”

“But I want to live with you. For your sake, I will leave my wife. I need your answer by tomorrow.” And he left the place. She wanted to say something but there wasn’t opportunity to speak. Meanwhile, Anil came and said,”Hey, dear. What happen?”
“Nothing.”

The next day, after the shooting was over, Samrat said, “What’s your answer?”
I don’t have answer. More than that, I wanted to focus on the movie.”
“Ok. After the movie is completed, I want your answer and remember that I don’t want to hear no.” And he went.



At the evening, Anil and Karishma were in the hotel. She was lost and he said, “Hey, what happen? Where are you lost?”

She told everything to him and he said, “How dare is he to say like that? Let’s go and let him about our relationship.”

“Please, let’s tell later.”  He agreed.
 XII
The movie was over and they returned back to Nepal. “Hey, welcome back to home.”

He didn’t say anything and went in his room. She was shocked by his behavior. She went in the kitchen and made cup of coffee. After one hour, he came in the living room. They both were sitting in the sofa and both were silent. She looked at his face. He was serious. “How was your trip?”

“Good and I proposed to Karishma.”

She knew he loved her. “And what she said?”
“Tomorrow, I am getting her answer.”

Tears were rolling from her eyes but she didn’t know show it to him.

“I really love her like crazily. Most of the time, she comes in my mind. I want to make her mine. I cannot live without her.”

She didn’t want to argue and said, “I will leave your house tomorrow.” And she went in her room.

The next day, she packed her clothes. She took out her ring and looked at it. She kept her ring in the table and looked at the house and left the house. On the other hand, Samrat went to visit Karishma. Karishma opens the door.

“Karishma, I left the home and my wife for you. I came for you. Marry me. I love you like crazily. Accept my love.”

Meanwhile, Anil came and said,”Hey, boss. What’s up?”

Samrat was shocked to see Anil in the house of Karishma. Samrat was supposed to say something but Anil said, “Didn’t you say about our marriage to our boss?”

 “Marriage?” Samrat was shocked again.
“Yes, marriage. We are getting married after the movie is premiered. We are announcing on the movie premiere. You are the first one to know about my marriage.”

“Congratulations.”  And he went from there.

XIII
After one week…….
“Sophie, please I want to talk with you. Please, give me one chance.” Jimmy went downstairs and opened the door. “How many times I have told you that she is not interested to meet you. It has been a week, she is ignoring you. Cannot you understand it?”

Meanwhile, Sophie came. Jimmy came near. “Please, don’t stop me today, Jimmy. I will speak with him.”

“I am sorry. I betrayed you. You have right to be angry will me and punish me but please forgive me for what I have done. Please, come back to my life. I need you.”

“You need me? If you need me, then, you couldn’t have left me and couldn’t have fallen in love with your actress. Whatever, you have done cannot be forgiven. If I were in your place, could you forgive me?”

“I know I have done a sin. You have right to punish me but please come back to my life. You can stay with any guy for some days and come back to my life.”

“I am leaving you. I need a divorce because I am getting with Jimmy. And I am not like you. Please, get out from here.” And she closed the door.

She went near to the swimming pool. Meanwhile, Jimmy came and said,”Are you serious that you want to marry me?”

“Yes, I am serious. You were the one who stood behind me for each and every aspect. You were when I needed you.”

“You know that I loved you since childhood. You were my first love and besides you I couldn’t love anyone. I couldn’t get a person like you. It will be glad if I get married with you.”

And they got married.

XIV
Present Time…..
Tears were rolling in both of the eyes. Samrat got up from the bed and said, “You left me and there were darkness in my life. There was no brightness in my life. Neither had I got you nor Karishma.”

“What happen after I left from your life?”

“I was very frustrated with my life. I didn’t know what to do. So, I planned to take revenge with Karishma and called her in my home. I blackmailed her. I blackmailed her by telling that if she didn’t stay in my bedroom, I will not sign her in my next movie. At first, she was shocked and disagreed and later convinced her to stay with me in the bedroom. Although, we stayed whole night in the bedroom, I didn’t touch her.

The next day, I called her husband and said that we were together whole night in my bedroom. After that what happened, I don’t know.”

After she reached home, she was nervous. Anil looked at her and was angry. He said, “Where were you whole night? You slept with that director. What do you want to proof that I cannot do anything. I am useless.”

He started arguing with her. He started using his hands. To escape his torture, she was about to go upstairs but he pulled her and she felt down and became paralysis. After that, Anil started looking after her. He kept guilty for not listening her. She once said to him to kill her so that she shall be free from this world but he couldn’t do so.

Samrat again said, “I didn’t contact them after that call. I really don’t know what had happened in their life.  Neither I was interested to know because I felt that my revenge was done.

Anil’s career went down after he got married with Karishma. On the other hand, Karishma became successful heroine. He was jobless. More than that, he was jealous of her successful. There used to be arguments between them. He wanted her to leave the film career but she didn’t want to leave. For the sake of Karishma, I wanted to give him a chance in the movie but he didn’t because of the ego.

After you left, I was never happy. It’s because I betrayed you. I have done a sin by leaving you. I am suffering from Cancer because of betraying you. I don’t know when I will die but I will die with relief now.”

There was silent. She was listening to him very carefully. After the moment, she said, “Want to have a coffee?”

“I will but I will make coffee. I don’t know whether I will get an opportunity to make a cup of coffee for you.”

After having cup of coffee, they were having a formal talks and he slept in the lap of hers. She kept her hand on his head and smiled. She too felt asleep after a while.

The next day, it was 7:30 am. She got up and looked at the time. More than that, she looked at him. He was lying on her lap. She smiled and kept his head on sofa. She went near to the kitchen but turned back and went near to Samrat.

“Samrat, Samrat.”

He didn’t speak and she checked his pulse. He died in the lap of Sophie. He had wished to die in the alp of hers and his desire was fulfilled. She, then, called to Jimmy, “Jimmy, Samrat died.” She started crying.

“I will come there.”
“Ok.”

Jimmy arrived and she said,”He had many things to share. He had troubles in his heart. It was situation which separated us. Jimmy, I want to go back home.”

On the other hand, the death news of Samrat was given in the television. Both Anil and Karishma were watching the news. Tears were rolling in the eyes of Karishma.



Comments

Popular Posts