PITCHING



On 26th of August 2017, I had to do pitching among 150 people. I had fear of public speaking. On this day, it was the competition. There were 15 girls including who had to pitch about their project. 

Before telling about pitching, the program was held by Ujyalo Foundation. The organization had organized training named EmpowHER for 18 young girls. The young girls had to bring their innovative ideas on the project they have selected. On 17 weeks, we did pitching of our project and product. 

All of the girls did rehearsal at Ujyalo Foundation and were given feedbacks. I was the one who had a fear to speak. While doing rehearsal too, I was nervous and lacked confident. I felt like I couldn’t do well and could be blink. 

On 26 of August, 2017, I was nervous and my heart was beating faster and faster. I knew my turn was at the first. When the programme was started, I was nervous and thought I was gone. When my name was announced, I was nervous and went in the stage.

I started my pitch. Due to the nervousness, I didn’t look at my PowerPoint presentation. Honestly, I did well in my presentation than I accepted. I didn’t know that I could do well. This really made me happy and proud.  I did my best. 

So, what is pitching and what are the techniques for pitching?

PITCHING
Pitching is platform where innovative exciting companies pitch their business to an audience of experienced, talented business professionals who are looking for a new challenge and thrive on the buzz of working within entrepreneurial companies. 

In other words, pitching typically takes form of an entrepreneur or group of entrepreneurs presenting or describing their ideas to prospective investors. 

TECHNIQUES

  • One must be confident. Everyone feels nervous but can reduce it. One should practice in front of mirror.

  •  The presentation should be short and sweet. Nobody is going to hear his/her the long one presentation.

  • The materials should be to the point. It should not be exaggerated. One should know what to say and what not to.

  •  Another is about language.  One should use only one language that s/he is comfortable. But s/he should not mix the language.
  • Lastly, one should be creative while giving presentation. Like s/he can start with stories, videos or quote words.


Comments

Popular Posts