THE YEAR 2023 AND A WAY FORWARD TO 2024

 

The New Year 2024 has started already. There is excitement as well as hope for betterment. Similarly, most people do have resolutions every year. I used to have some resolutions a long time but later I didn’t have a resolution as with time, most things change. Although I don’t have that many specific resolutions for this year, there are some resolutions that I have to commit to.

  • Stop eating junk foods like chocolates. I am trying to get rid of it as I do eat lots of chocolates.
  • I am a lazy person in the insane of losing weight and being fit myself. I am not that much fit and health conscious. So, this time, I am giving myself much time to physical and mental health.
  • This year, I am planning to read good books and articles. Although I will be reading, I will read good ones.  
  • I will be trying to keep myself balanced from this year.

This is what I am planning to do this year but let’s talk about 2023. This year some good things happened as well as some bad. I won’t it was bad, but I was not somehow happy.

This year I applied for jobs in most of the organizations and I was shortlisted for the interview. That was the biggest achievement. It was always a learning process. Whenever I gave an interview, I was about to about the organization as well as different working areas. I was able to learn about the terms and terminology. This helped me with my personal growth.

Finally, after working in different organizations, I was selected for the CBM Global Nepal Country Team. The organization worked for persons with disability. I worked as a ‘Communication Volunteer.’ I worked almost for 7 months. During those months, my perspective was changed. I started thinking about the accessibility. Moreover, I was about to know about persons with disabilities, laws and how can we support them. I was able to connect the dots through livelihood and humanitarian responses.

During the work, I was able to learn how to work in a team, how to be creative, and how to utilize my free time. Certainly, CBM helped me to work in terms of professional and personal growth.

In 2023, I got the opportunity to visit Kapuche. I along with my brother and sister made a plan to travel there. First, we reached Pokhara. We traveled to Pokhara from Kathmandu on November 2, 2023. We caught the bus at 6:30. From seven to six, we traveled by bus. Somehow it was the worst experience. Firstly, the bus had to stop in the middle, and the driver and co-driver started fixing the vehicles. It took almost an hour to fix. Another was there was a traffic jam in Tankot which took our time. We reached Pokhara around six. So, we hang out around the Pokhara. The next day, we went to Sikles. We traveled through the jeep around 6:00 am and reached Sikles around 9:30 am. So, we stayed at one of the lodges. During the stay at Sikles, we enjoyed the food and stay. The hospitality was wonderful over there.



On November 4, 2023, we went from Sikles to Kapuche. The way was difficult for me. Although it was not that difficult, I had no experience working on that kind of road. But I enjoyed walking. After reaching Hugu, I was tired and couldn’t even walk. So, my brother and sister went to Kapuche and I stayed in Hugu.



On the next day, around 9:00 am, my brother and sister reached back from Kapuche. And we returned to Sikles. On this day, I walked comfortably. Around 4:30 we reached Sikles. Although I couldn’t reach Kapuche, there was no guilt on it because I tried my best to walk. This builds my confident.

The saddest part was that two of my closest people flew abroad. One went for study and another for career. Looking at 2022 and 2023, my four of the closest flew abroad. This affected me. It made me feel that I was alone. Three of them were good friends with whom I used to share my problems as well as my happiness. On weekends, I used to meet them and there could be long conversations. Now, they are not here. My weekend goes by remembering them. When I got a job at CBM Global Nepal, they were not here for the celebration. When I had a holiday on Saturday and Sunday, I could get lost in their memories. Now, when I have ups and downs in my life, I feel like I don’t have anyone to share. Although I do talk with them on social media, it's not like meeting and talking with them face-to-face. When they flew abroad, I too wanted to go with them. But this taught me to be stronger as well as one should be dependent on oneself.

Comments

Popular Posts