FRIENDS FOREVER III


It was raining and there was a song playing called “Galliyan” from “Ek Villian.” I turned off the radio as this song was distressing me a lot. When I turned off the radio, he looked at me. We both have a relationship with this song because this song makes us remember of our friend Deepika. Even I get bothered with the rainfall. I used to love the rainfall as it was romantic for us but now time has changed. Although, rain and time are the same, people are not the same According to time, relationship too changes. She was wishing that she could go back and bring those beautiful days which were spend with her good friend.

I looked at my husband. He was looking at the photographs of Deepika and was crying. More than me, he loved her. He misses her more than me. Every time, he looks at her photographs and get lost in her memory. After all, she was his first and last love. He loved her so much.

I
It was 4th June 2014; I met her in the gym.  I didn’t care that much. One of the gym instructors was giving her instructions. When she was cycling, I got chance to speak. I was the one who started conversation. The conversation was normal like when did you start coming to gym, what do you do etc. This conversation was changed our lives.

Every day, there was fun in the gym. We used to have fun in the gym. We used to tease our gym instructors and used to dance. There was full enjoyment in the gym. The most important part was that there was World Cup Fever. She was the supporter of Germany and I was the supporter of France. We even have a bet. If Germany wins, than I have to do whatever she says and if France wins, she has to do whatever, I say. Unfortunately, Germany won and I had to do whatever she says. But surprisingly, Deepika asked me for my friendship as a bet. We both became good friends after that. We were there for each other.

II
It was Saturday, 26th July 2014. I was sleeping. My mobile started ringing. I picked up the phone without looking the name of a person.
“Hello.”
“Hey, Aneeta.” What’s up?”
“Hey, Deepu. Me good and you,” I said in sleepy tone.
“Me too good. Still sleeping. It’s already 10 am in the morning.”
Suddenly, I woke up.
“What? It’s already 10 am. Oh no!”
“Come on its Saturday. By the way, I want to meet you today in the evening. I have a surprise for you.”
“Ok. But what is the surprise and where shall we meet?”
“Surprise should not be told. Let’s meet at roadhouse cafe, Bouddha at 6:00pm.”
 “OK.”

It was already six pm but she was not coming. I was waiting for her. Finally, she came at 6:48 pm. She was with one person. Both were excited to see each other. But I was upset as she was late.
“You are late most of the time. Why are you late most of the time?”
“Sorry, my baby. “
“Always sorry.”
“This time it was because of him.”
“Because of him. Can I know who this is?”
“Sorry by not introducing him. He is my boyfriend. His name is Samik”
I was shocked. Not actually I was shocked but I didn’t know how to react. Meanwhile, Deepika said, “Are you shocked?”
“Actually I am not shocked but I didn’t know how to react. But I was surprised.”
“And how is my surprise? Isn’t he handsome?”
“Obviously, but why didn’t you tell me before?”
“Surprise.”
“I am getting irritated by you girls. I am also here. Did you guys forget me?”  And we both were introduced. After this day, we three were never separated. We used to have lots of fun. There was perfect going on in our life.
III
It was Samik’s birthday. Three of us met in our favorite cafe, Roadhouse Cafe, Bouddha. Although we met, Deepika didn’t seem to be happy. Samik and I were talking and laughing but Deepika was somewhere else. I noticed her and gave signal to Samik to look at Deepika.

“Hey, Deepu.
“Huh.”
“What happen? Any problem? You look disturb.”
“Nothing.”

She said this much and was lost somewhere else. We were shocked. She used to smile and have fun. But she was silent today. She was looking at the cup of tea and was lost somewhere else. Samik and I looked at each other. He gave a signal to me to ask Deepika. I said, “Deepika.” I called her many times but she didn’t respond and left the place. Both of us left the place.

It was around 10:46 pm, I rang here but she didn’t pick the phone. She didn’t response the message too. Even Samik called her but also she didn’t response. After half an hour, Samik rang me.
“Hello.”
“Hello”
“Hey, what has happened to Deepika? She doesn’t response my phone nor replies my messages. Didn’t she tell you anything? I am worried. If something happens to her, what could I do? She has changed a lot,” said Samik.

“Even I called her, she didn’t response. I don’t know what is happening to her. I sent her message too, she didn’t reply mine too. But you don’t get worried. I will talk to her and will call you, ok. Please, take a rest and don’t be upset.”
“Ok and if you take touch with her, let me know. I love her and don’t wanna a loose. She is my first and last love. I will die if anything happens to her. I can do anything for her and her happiness.”
“Ok. Don’t cry and take care of yourself. I will let you when I get touch with her.”

IV
It has been more than three months, there was no touch with anyone. Both used to get in touch with Deepika but she never responded them. We even went to Deepika but never got her in her home or office.

“I am tried, Aneeta. Where is she? Where has she gone by leaving me? Doesn’t she love me? Or she left me? What I am supposed to do without her?” He started crying and kept his head on my shoulder. I was feeling very difficult but I was there to console him. I convinced him not to cry and have faith on his love.

One day, after returning from office, I saw Deepika. She called her but she didn’t listen. I followed her. I was shocked when she entered in the hospital. She entered in the cabin of Dr. Nilesh Shrestha. He was a doctor of cancer. I was shocked. I started listening her conversation from the door.
“Hello doctor.”
“Hey, Deepika. Come and sit. How are you?”
“You know how are my days going on?”
“Be positive.” “I am trying to be positive.”
“Did you tell your friends about what has happened to you?”
“No.”
“Why didn’t you tell? Please tell them.”
“I cannot. They love me very much. They don’t want to lose me.”
“But you could have told them. Anyway, the reason why I called you because should be admitted to the hospital by this week. You are in the last stage of brain cancer.”

When I heard this, I was shocked. I went from the hospital. It was raining. I was walking in the rain. It was terrifically raining and I didn’t care that much.  Besides, Samik was calling me but I didn’t hear the ring of mobile. He was calling me continuously got into emotions and didn’t expect this could happen in her life. I started remembering the words of doctor. It hurt me. I was losing her good friend. I even started remembering the days spend with her. After a while, Samik came and saw me.

He came near to me and said, “You called me and said me that you saw Deepika. Where is Deepika? Aneeta, please tell me, where is she? For the god sake, tell me something.” I started crying.

“Why are you crying? What happened?” I was quite for a moment and explained him everything. When he heard about Deepika’s situation, he couldn’t tolerate. He shouted so badly in the rain.

V
After two months, Deepika was in the hospital. Both of us reached there in the hospital. He couldn’t see her in that situation. He went near to the door and started crying. Deepika called him and said, “Hey, don’t cry please. You love, right. If you love me then please don’t cry. For my happiness stop crying.”

I even started crying and she called me near to her. “Why didn’t you tell us that you had a brain cancer? We were your friends. We loved you but you never loved us. If you had loved us, you could have told us about your cancer. Aren’t we your friends?” I said.

“Yes, I love you both. You both are very close to me. I didn’t tell you guys because I didn’t want to hurt you guys. You will get emotions when I had said. I didn’t want you guys be in trouble”.  
“After not telling was troubling us,” said Samik.

“Please guys don’t’ argue with me in this stage. I don’t have time and energy to argue. Guys, I need a favour from you guys. Will you guys do it for me?”
“Anything for you,” we both said.
“I want you guys get married. “

We both were shocked. We started quarreling with her. While arguing, she suddenly started to cough. We called doctors. Doctors did their jobs. We were outside and waiting. After an hour, Dr Nilesh came and said, “Sorry, she is no more.” And he went.  Samik sat on the chair. He started crying.
VI
Present time………….
We both started crying by remembering past life. We got married for the sake of Deepika’s happiness. We have a daughter named Deepika. We got married on the birth of Deepika. We have kept the photos of Deepika in the wall. We often see the photos and remember the past life. Samik is one who loved her so much. He was attached with her and will be till the death. I cannot stop him for loving her because after all, love is love. He is one example of true love. So, I cannot stop him for loving her. Although, she is not with him, her memories are with him. I cannot separate those memories from him and her love is in heart. I have no rights to kill his love. “Galliyan” was her favorite song. She used to sing this song every time which has become Samik’s favorite song and listened to this song by hiding and cries every time.

There was a broken star in the sky. Samik and I closed the eyes and had asked for the wish. We both looked at the stars because Deepika has become stars now. We will miss you. You are in our heart.

Comments

Popular Posts